You Know You'Re Borderline When...

When you argue with spouse to the point your screaming about something as silly as taking to long folding clothes, then 5 min later when he is ignoring you for yelling you cry and get angry again cause you act like nothings wrong, I seriously need help.

When you pick a fight with your boyfriend and tell him to get out that this is not working for you and he does . An hour later you want to make up but he is still mad and is tired of your crap. How can you explain this to someone who knows nothing about borderline? I hardly understand it myself. I hate you but don't leave me. I try to control it but sometimes it just happens. My mood can change in minutes and its just the way it is. I was diagnosed years ago and have been through DBT which helps me understand the big picture of BPD but it still happens. I guess you just have to learn to live with it and so does the person your with. It is part of me and you need to find a place of acceptance. DBT can help you do that.

Do you know you're BPD when...

-You believe you have ruined your famiy?

-You go from laughing with your brother to hating hima nd screaming that he needs to fold his clothes?

-You SI then instantly think you are an ***** for doing so, so you SI again?

-You're afraid to go home even though you know no one will physically hurt you?

-Youbelieve you have disappointed someone/everyone for not doing something as simple as put your glass in the sink?

-One second you will swear up and down you need to see a proffessional, then an hour later you believe it will just pass?

-You have been going through the same mood swings for 8 years, but you know it must just be hormones?

-You get mad because you can hear your dad talking on ventrillo or the phone, and you instantly assume tht person is more important to him than anyone in your family?

-You read through every article on BPD and instantly think "Thats me!" But have yet to get help for fear te you have BPD?

I'm new here, and as you may have guessed, I have not been diagnosed yet, but I thougt I'd add this anywy :)

Do you know you're BPD when...

-You believe you have ruined your famiy?

-You go from laughing with your brother to hating hima nd screaming that he needs to fold his clothes?

-You SI then instantly think you are an ***** for doing so, so you SI again?

-You're afraid to go home even though you know no one will physically hurt you?

-Youbelieve you have disappointed someone/everyone for not doing something as simple as put your glass in the sink?

-One second you will swear up and down you need to see a proffessional, then an hour later you believe it will just pass?

-You have been going through the same mood swings for 8 years, but you know it must just be hormones?

-You get mad because you can hear your dad talking on ventrillo or the phone, and you instantly assume tht person is more important to him than anyone in your family?

-You read through every article on BPD and instantly think "Thats me!" But have yet to get help for fear te you have BPD?

I'm new here, and as you may have guessed, I have not been diagnosed yet, but I thougt I'd add this anywy :)

Just need to believe in yourself, and know that your important to someone and the only people who belittle you are hypocrits and force their image onto you, knowing they have failed....and try to succeed with atleast something....that making themselves better than you is their goal........and that you have tricked yourself into thinking the problem is you...when you're only surrounded by problems its hard to not get absorbed......you just need to hold on tight :)

when u love someone one min, hate them the next

when u dont feel ur care co listens or understands u but scared of her leaving

when u only think in black and white, andoften misconceive a convo for something bad, instead of how it is meant

when u think back over convo hours later wondering if u said anything wrong

when if ppl dont reply imediatelt to texts it means they hate u

When your own mom calls you a "Drama Queen"!

When your best friend asks, "Who am I talking to today--Dr. Jekyll or Ms. Hyde?"

LOL! (But I'm not making these up either!)

Indeed!

Here's another one:

When you can recognize that your day is going to be bad from the very first anxious feeling you get after getting up from bed...

r90

You spend half the day thinking 'you just dont understand!!' when people question you over things, and not in a diva dramatic way, in a completely honest they dont understand way.

Just wanted to say a big thank you - my therapist ask me yesterday to try and stop saying to her "you don't understand".

I thought it was just me - it may sound weird but I am relieved it is not just me.

You know you're Borderline when... someone doesn't immediately call you back and you instantly think they're not speaking to you. You spend an inordinate amount of time analyzing every conversation you've ever had with them, trying to figure out what you've done wrong.

You know you're borderline when...

You have been through way too many cell phones (because you throw them), not to mention broken remote controls, and one broken window - oops.

You don't feel like you fit in with society, and it makes you end up disliking most ALL people.

When you pick fights with your significant other over nothing ( A LOT ), probably due to your fear of being abandoned.

If you are in a relationship with someone that has the potential to hurt you, because you really like them, you will self-sabotage the relationship as a mechanism to prevent feeling hurt / abandoned.

When you first start out in a relationship, you are pretty much "in love" with someone right away. Then maybe a couple weeks later, you realize that the feelings weren't real.

You are ALWAYS in a relationship - have you ever been single??

You have a bad self-image of yourself, although, realisticly, it's probably unnecessary.

I'm sure I could go on for quite awhile, unfortunately. I'll give it a rest here for now. I really like this post though - thanks to whomever started it. Maybe if I actually read down what I have written, it can stop me from feeling this way in the future. Or atleast give me the ability to look at some of the things that I do in a more realistic point of view.

Thanks,

Kat

...you've found yourself trying to convince someone that the only reason the window broke is because it is old and single-paned. Then you swept up the glass, promised to pay for the new installation, and excepted it to "resolve" the issue.

Or so I hear. :Coopwink:

You know you're Borderline when... someone doesn't immediately call you back and you instantly think they're not speaking to you. You spend an inordinate amount of time analyzing every conversation you've ever had with them, trying to figure out what you've done wrong.

And then the phone rings and you're nervous to pick it up. :smilingteeth:

I can definitely relate to this one!

You have been through way too many cell phones (because you throw them), not to mention broken remote controls, and one broken window - oops.

You don't feel like you fit in with society, and it makes you end up disliking most ALL people.

Absolutely agree! Same here, the thing with society unfortunately turns into hatred and hostility!

You are ALWAYS in a relationship - have you ever been single??

I have always been single :(

Hi r90,

Yes, well I probably should have been single, but have this great need to be with someone (it seems as if we do share that, whether or not we differ in relationship status). It would have been nice to have some time to myself to sort out some of these feelings I have and attain a better sense of self. Unfortunately, this attainment which I am lacking is quite helpful in the foundation of a stable relationship. But then again, I'm sure my having BPD has a little more to do with my instability than my sense of self - better yet, I suppose they go hand in hand.

P.S. If it makes you feel any better, we girls definately have it easier int he dating department. In our society it's the females who get hit on more than the males. The male takes the role of the "hunter", lol. He has to "work" for a relationship a lot more than females do (generally speaking), and is therefore more vulerable to rejection than females. For some reason, we also seem to find that person when we aren't looking. Yes, it's a common cliche, but in my experiences, it proves true.

Kat

Edited by Kat55

Liliah,

While I don't agree with these stereotypes that are deeply webbed into our society, I still have to say that I do believe they are present. I don't agree with most of society's ideals, actually quite the opposite (which is probably why I don't feel like I fit in most of the time, and wish that other people weren't as judging and closed minded as they are). However, I still think that more girls are asked out by guys than the other way around. It goes all the way back to childhood, where little boys are given trucks to play with and little girls are given dolls or suzie homemaker (whatever they're called, lol) ovens. It's unfortunate that we are put into this from birth, but it remains true for most. Anyways, just wanted to clarify what I meant.

I love reading your posts, you have a way with words. Hope to share more ideas with you soon :)

<3 Kat

Edited by Kat55

Liliah,

While I don't agree with these stereotypes that are deeply webbed into our society, I still have to say that I do believe they are present. I don't agree with most of society's ideals, actually quite the opposite (which is probably why I don't feel like I fit in most of the time, and wish that other people weren't as judging and closed minded as they are). However, I still think that more girls are asked out by guys than the other way around. It goes all the way back to childhood, where little boys are given trucks to play with and little girls are given dolls or suzie homemaker (whatever they're called, lol) ovens. It's unfortunate that we are put into this from birth, but it remains true for most. Anyways, just wanted to clarify what I meant.

I love reading your posts, you have a way with words. Hope to share more ideas with you soon :)

<3 Kat

I dig it. Girls are definitely eyed with an air of intense disapproval if they reach for that GI Joe (or, conversely, or a boy reaches for a "doll" rather than the totally different "action figure"). Sigh.

Or, if you have BPD, maybe you punch the other kid in the face and play with them both! (And pretend they have a tumultuous relationship.) ;)

And thanks for your kind words! I feel the same way.

Sincerely,

Liliah

Edited by Liliah

Liliah,

<3 Kat

I dig it. Girls are definitely eyed with an air of intense disapproval if they reach for that GI Joe (or, conversely, or a boy reaches for a "doll" rather than the totally different "action figure"). Sigh.

Or, if you have BPD, maybe you punch the other kid in the face and play with them both! (And pretend they have a tumultuous relationship.) ;)

And thanks for your kind words! I feel the same way.

Sincerely,

Liliah

This is why you're awesome, Liliah. Thanks for making my morning. :)

When you can't sleep because your mind is racing and you think about needing to sleep. You try all the ways recommended to sleep but you can't.

Or

You hide in bed all day to avoid difficult situations.

You hide in bed all day to avoid difficult situations.

Oh God, this happened with me once due to a very embarrassing OCD situation!

Edited by r90

You spend half the day thinking 'you just dont understand!!' when people question you over things, and not in a diva dramatic way, in a completely honest they dont understand way.

Just wanted to say a big thank you - my therapist ask me yesterday to try and stop saying to her "you don't understand".

I thought it was just me - it may sound weird but I am relieved it is not just me.

You are most definately not alone. :hearthrob: