You Know You'Re Borderline When...

"There are 2 kinds of people: yourself and the rest 'bad' people"

LOL. Totally. I'm the only normal in the world. Everyone else is evil. :P

Yeah it's really true!

It always feel like whatever you are or do, you're always innocent deep down inside while the rest of people are pretty bad with their lifestyles, personality aspects, decisions...

r90

"There are 2 kinds of people: yourself and the rest 'bad' people"

LOL. Totally. I'm the only normal in the world. Everyone else is evil. :P

Yeah it's really true!

It always feel like whatever you are or do, you're always innocent deep down inside while the rest of people are pretty bad with their lifestyles, personality aspects, decisions...

r90

Yeah. I remember so many times I've been frustrated wondering how everyone else can possibly be so stupid and wrong. :P I've never been able to figure out why I am the only one that's not evil. We really do think high of ourselves, don't we?

You know you're borderline when

you want everyone to leave you alone. God, everyone sucks.

But five minutes later, you're horrified of being alone and want to surround yourself with people.

This made me laugh out loud! Very true indeed: I do it too. A lot. :veryangry::blah:

Edited by Liliah

When you think its your fault that your farther abandoned you when you were six

(He actually died)

When youre too scared to bring up issues in a friendship then end up blowing up and make frantic efforts to take back what you said,trying to make it up to them as much as possible because they might leave you.

When you get really excited when see a new top in a shop, you cant afford it but buy it anyway even if its too small, then immediately regret it when you get home and get depressed about it.

when you think that everyone is going to leave you eventually

When you smash in light switches because the switch wouldnt go down after three tries

When at night, youre laying in your bed coming up with a fantasy to get to sleep that is ALWAYS about suicide or self-harm.

You see a psychiatrist and get diagnosed (last night). (I know this isn't an example, I just wanted to say hello)

So after 17/18 years trying every treatment under the sun for depression and SAD (as that's what my GP said I had and I just accepted it...) I've just found out about Borderline and I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally know!

I was registered on this site, but never checked this particular forum and this is the first post I've read and WOW, I'm not alone...

Edited by SadUK

You see a psychiatrist and get diagnosed (last night). (I know this isn't an example, I just wanted to say hello)

So after 17/18 years trying every treatment under the sun for depression and SAD (as that's what my GP said I had and I just accepted it...) I've just found out about Borderline and I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally know!

I was registered on this site, but never checked this particular forum and this is the first post I've read and WOW, I'm not alone...

Hello there SadUK,

You are certainly not alone here, as most of us deal with mental health issues! Besides, in this particular forum, you will find many members who suffer from personality disorders and schizophrenia!

I also suffer from Borderline personality disorder, it's tough I know, it does help me sharing my thoughts here anyway, good luck with your treatment!

r90

You know you're borderline when

you want everyone to leave you alone. God, everyone sucks.

But five minutes later, you're horrified of being alone and want to surround yourself with people.

I feel like this all the time! I want to be alone because I'm surrounded by idiots, but when I am alone I feel lonely! :sadwalk:

(Cool Avatar by the way!)

I'm not sure if this is a borderline thing or a me thing...

When you think that everyone surely thinks the same way you do, then you realise that they don't, don't understand why because everything that you think is surely very logical and then remind yourself that you must remember that not everyone thinks the same way as you or has the same norms and values? :boredsmiley:

Edited by SadUK

I'm not sure if this is BPD but

When your wardrobe/style/personality changes from 60's->Skater->Grunge->Goth->Gangster, in that space of a year. I HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT CLOTHES! And people can't keep up with what phase your at, so they say "aren't you really into those 60's shirts" (whats in right now, where i am) and your like "No, *** i don't dress like that.".

Edited by KittyV1

May be triggering...

When you get so incredibly angry after you hang up the telephone that your former "friend" has ignored you again (this makes two months!) that you think about smashing the phone, but calm down, and later that night, cut yourself. :( Three month clean, down the drain. I am very bummed.

Tomorrow starts days one, to look at the bright side.

—L

Edited by Liliah

May be triggering...

When you get so incredibly angry after you hang up the telephone that your former "friend" has ignored you again (this makes two months!) that you think about smashing the phone, but calm down, and later that night, cut yourself. :( Three month clean, down the drain. I am very bummed.

Tomorrow starts days one, to look at the bright side.

• 2 weeks later...

you know you're borderline when...

you decide to drink instead of doing homework then start a fight over absolutely nothing with your significant other, then end up SI-ing and a half hour later you're calm as a kitten and the next morning everything is "fine" and you mutually flat out refuse to talk about what happened the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

You know your borderline when.....

You finally realize that...The... "Intense" comment it not really a coincidence anymore:(

Oh, hell yeah. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one, I'd be living in Manhattan on Central Park West! I'm not saying it's funny, but it made me feel less alone. I know exactly what you're saying.

Also: every, single remote control is broken because it has been thrown at the wall during arguments about NOTHING. I confess.

Also: every, single remote control is broken because it has been thrown at the wall during arguments about NOTHING. I confess.

—Liliah

Oh my God! Another hell yeah for that :D

Edited by r90

At 10am you're hopeful and laughing, by 11 you are crying and very very angry, then at 12 you are reading and thinking, then by 1 you are frustrated, then 20 minutes later you are really not sure what to feel and can't focus on anything....

:roll2::tear2: :STFU: :book::stare::sadwalk:

At 10am you're hopeful and laughing, by 11 you are crying and very very angry, then at 12 you are reading and thinking, then by 1 you are frustrated, then 20 minutes later you are really not sure what to feel and can't focus on anything....

:roll2::tear2: :STFU: :book::stare::sadwalk:

I can so relate...

..When you do something impulsive, that ends up hurting everyone around you, feel bad about it, but then do something similar days later, just because you cant stop yourself.

...When you put your impulsive acts infront of friendships/family/work etc.

You know you're borderline when...

After watching TV or movies, you need to remind yourself of what's real and what is not.

I haven't worked up the nerve to go see a doc, so I'm not diagnosed with anything, but man, these all sound so familiar. Especially this one. Why do I get attached to TV characters in a way I can never get attached to real people?