Sign in to follow this  
r90

You Know You'Re Borderline When...

After reading "You Know You're Bipolar When..." thread, Got the idea to open a "borderline" version... So share your thoughts!!

Starting by myself... You know you're borderline when :

"You keep roaming and roaming searching for something to fill your emptiness"

"You are hyper and hopeful, 5 minutes later, you're now officialy entering a depressive state of mind"

"Impulsiveness is sometimes a priority over work and education"

"There are 2 kinds of people: yourself and the rest 'bad' people"

"Sometimes you ask yourself: May this be a dream ?"

"Your thought is totally twisted and deformed and would never be normal"

"You know your diagnosis more than your pdoc!!"

"You fuly critize the actions of your family members"

r90

Where are you dear "borderliners" ? Anyone ?

Well, here I am, ha! I am sure I am supposed to add to this thread, but I am not sure what to say-

you know your borderline when ....... see, a blank!!!! aarrgghh

-me

You know you're borderline when...

Someone upsets you so you randomly decide to get false nails done as you're walking past a nail salon you've never even seen before, without even checking how much money you've got on you. You suddenly remember you have (or HAD) very nice long natural nails just as they're covering your hands in corrosive acid & horrid acrylics. Before you've even left the shop, you're thinking about how to get them off without ripping your fingers off. Any suggestions anyone???

Ok, wait.... does this count?

You know your borderline when.....

You have made a new friend, things are going nice and fun... your getting closer, and go shopping, and do fun things together, get your hair done together and such.. but then you get scared (of what I dunno) things are going to well, your just too too happy, so you just turn your phone off, back up... hide from your new friend, do not respond to her emails, or calls.... you just 'leave' the friendship for no reason...... (yes this is me) and I hate it!!!

-me

Ok, wait.... does this count?

You know your borderline when.....

You have made a new friend, things are going nice and fun... your getting closer, and go shopping, and do fun things together, get your hair done together and such.. but then you get scared (of what I dunno) things are going to well, your just too too happy, so you just turn your phone off, back up... hide from your new friend, do not respond to her emails, or calls.... you just 'leave' the friendship for no reason...... (yes this is me) and I hate it!!!

-me

Sure it does... Glad you've contributed :)

I can say that I am also like you to some point, it's like I can't stand committment to anything, specially to work... I believe it's because of unsecurity and not feeling any sense of emotional protection.

Waiting more contributions...

r90

You cant plan anything because you know that you dont know if you'll be in the mood by then

Exactly, I absolutely agree with that...

You want to f***'n punch the place up and argue with everyone who comes within 50 metres of you just because one person is an unrelenting *****.

All they did is say something which isnt true, and lock the thread without giving me chance to explain why they were wrong because they were on a f'in power trip.

And no, it wasnt here... *hugs this forum to death*

I am seriously on edge, I just need to work out how to f'in come down from this *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

You just know the guy you met a day ago is going to marry you and give you seven glorious children and life will be GREAT. But then he jokingly calls you weird or dramatic (ooooh not the D word) and you scream at him, point out his every flaw, block him from FB & MS, and tell anyone who will listen that guys are aholes.

Theeen the next day you find another guy you just know you are going to marry...

I've learned to control this though lol :)

Welcome to the topic Breagha =) Glad you've learned to control that...

Here we go, another one :

You can't dispose any item because you don't know if you're going to need it when your mood swings...

r90

You have a million projects going on, and need to do them all NOW... so you end up doing none of them

Something which someone else simply wants you need and if you cant buy you end up in a total funk

You tell people you hardly know things you really shouldnt do because you feel like you've known them forever and you'll be best friends until the end of time

You constantly think you've annoyed someone or done something to upset them, you say sorry, you ok, and how are you *all* the time

You constantly think you've annoyed someone or done something to upset them, you say sorry, you ok, and how are you *all* the time

Indeed, I do that sometimes...

Indeed, I do that sometimes...

....and then you worry that you have annoyed/upset that person by thinking that you've annoyed/upset them and then constantly asking if you have annoyed/upset them....and round and round it goes....Ugh.

Been there, done that. Well, being there and doing that, but it's better than it used to be....most of the time:/

You cant plan anything because you know that you dont know if you'll be in the mood by then

This actually happened to me this week!

I had planned to go to a house party and paint balling and am currently not answering calls and emails to confirm if I'm going because I don't feel like it, despite being desperately excited a few days ago.

YKYBW if someone accuses you of something you didn't do, you fly completely off the handle into a fit of anger and (occasionally) violence.

You spend half the day thinking 'you just dont understand!!' when people question you over things, and not in a diva dramatic way, in a completely honest they dont understand way.

You can totally see that you are (in the eyes of normal people) overreacting to a situation and yet cant calm down in any way shape or form.

You hear someone say 'but you were fine a minute ago' and just die inside because you've tried to explain it so many times and if they still dont understand you have no new way to say it.

You are crazy about a guy one day, then don't want him the next so you dump him, then a week later you are crazy about another guy, and the cycle continues.

You have to step away from a situation because you know you're gonna fight with someone because they're being antagonistic. And you know it will be a big fight. And you know you'll get to the point where you feel dizzy and like you'll explode with anger. And it's really really hard to step away because you know they're so so so wrong and you just want to show them why they're wrong and make them see reason.

YKYBW...

You are sitting with your dog, minding your own business on a bus when a weird lady starts telling everyone on the bus that your evil dog is going to attack them any minute & **** them. When she advises everyone around her to kick the dog as they go past it, you TOTALLY flip out. Cue tirade of unhinged ranting which makes the driver pull over & threats that it's not the dog she needed to worry about. You are itching for her to strike 1st when a drunk lady says "Stop it you're scaring the dog", so you stop screaming abuse instantly & switch wholeheartedly to comforting the dog. When the police got on, you are sitting stroking your dog & feeding her treats like nothing happened; they say "hello", stroke the dog and get off again.

YKYBW...

The following day, a creepy, arrogant man you don't like very much takes issue with something you said & starts raising his voice & trying to intimidate you. You think to yourself, "I'm not having that" and tell him he has small man syndrome & that female or not, you refuse to be intimidated by him. He tells you to shut up or else and carries on shouting at you. You are scared, but you refuse to show it or any sign that you are weak. You keep arguing back even though you can see him getting angrier. He gets up and charges towards you. You're terrified, but you can't show weakness, you have to stand your ground. You won't run. You stay sitting down. Your knight in shining armour (well, 4 of them to be precise) block his path and save you. You feel valid again.

Edited by tealtastic