Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Stardust1234

Coming Off Wellbutrin Xl After One Week!

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums, but I thought maybe somebody here would have an idea. I have been on Cipralex 10mg since November 2009, and I recently was put on Wellbutrin XL 150mg once daily. It has only been a week but I have decided that I do not want to take the Wellbutrin anymore. My question is, would it be safe to stop abruptly since it's only been about 7 days? Or should I alowly ween off (one pill every other day?) I know that this is something I should be discussing with my doctor, but he is away until the second week of August. The thing is if I want to get out of this, I would rather do it sooner than later to prevent any sort of withdrawal symptoms. Anyone have any personal experiences or advice to share? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Hello, I am not a doctor or professional but just had a *tad* bit of advice. (fyi I didnt like wellbutrin either) If you *are* determined to get off of it (and it sounds like your mind is made up), I doubt you have built up in one week enough medication to have any bad withdrawal symptoms *but* just in case I like your idea of weaning off, try instead, skipping one day, then take 3/4 of a dose, then skip a day and 1/2 a dose, then skip another day and take 1/3..... however you want to wean yourself off is up to you, but yeah, gradually reducing the dosage might help you wean off quicker!

Again I am not a doctor, but it sounds like you want off this stuff asap and this is the best I could think of.

Good Luck!!

Posted · Report post  

Thanks :) the only problem is I'm taking the XL form which has the slow release coating, so I can't really split it! I wish I could. So I guess I should just take one pill every other day for a few days I guess. Wish me luck! Thanks for your help :)

Posted · Report post  

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums, but I thought maybe somebody here would have an idea. I have been on Cipralex 10mg since November 2009, and I recently was put on Wellbutrin XL 150mg once daily. It has only been a week but I have decided that I do not want to take the Wellbutrin anymore. My question is, would it be safe to stop abruptly since it's only been about 7 days? Or should I alowly ween off (one pill every other day?) I know that this is something I should be discussing with my doctor, but he is away until the second week of August. The thing is if I want to get out of this, I would rather do it sooner than later to prevent any sort of withdrawal symptoms. Anyone have any personal experiences or advice to share? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

I didn't like the stuff either but I stayed on it awhile in the hopes of quitting smoking. It didn't work for me but it did help me reduce my smoking. I finally decided to go off the Wellbutrin. I just quit it cold turkey. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms as I recall, but maybe I was lucky. You should read the drug literature and probably talk with a pharmacist. They are more knowledgable about drugs than doctors.

Posted · Report post  

I was on 200mg of it for 2 and 1/2 months and had to get off of it. It made me extremely irritable and a bit hostile. I quit cold turkey but I don't recall any symptoms. The paperwork will tell you to contact your doctor. I called in and was told to wean myself off of it (obviously I didn't because I didn't like the extreme irritability and hostility). Now I'm on lamotrigine 50mg a day.