Sign in to follow this  
Lui

Lost And Lonely - Struggling

I am feeling so alone right now and lost in my head with a lot of low self esteem noise and NOBODY is around to help me.

My mum is on holiday, my sister wont call me, all my friends are busy, the people who were meant to come over have stood me up and the guy i was seeing is ignoring me.

And in my head it is all my fault, that i am worthless and nothing. That i have messed everything up and there is no going back. And that makes me feel worse, almost as if therapy is pointless now cos its too late.

I have some great friends but some close ones are now distant and they are never around at tthe time i need them.

I have caused so much turmoil in my recent guys head that he is struggling to deal with it. he has a lot going on in his life as it is and he has low self esteem and has had depression issues and suddenly as things were going perfectly i hit him with my issues and now he is struggling more and i have lost him.

I cannot talk to half my friends cos they dont understand or are too judgemental or fed up and cannot talk to family cos i dont want to tell them what has been going on or has happened in my life.

I dont know what to do, im so scared therapy is ging to make me worse by making me confront feelings i try so hard to hide for the sake of others. it seems no matter what i do, hide them or open up i always end up getting hurt and feeling rubbish and nobody can pick me up.

Help

Help

Lui,

It sounds like the story of my life at many times, and I just recently had a BIG crash like this.

I strongly suggest you join local support groups where you can interact and will likely find people who are in similar situations. Also join special-interest groups (e.g. hobbies, activities), but there don't (at least initially) share your feelings - just enjoy the company.

I have zero family within 1000mi, and generally unreliable (and not very meaningful) friends, but have recently met several people I hang out with who understand and share, but am not quite where I want to be either. That came through the groups I mentioned.

I know it's not easy, but please don't isolate. There are good people out there also looking for company.

wl

Its just difficult for me to do anything. I have an 18 month old son and cannot take him to many places i can do hobbies or support groups and i literally have NO babysitters barr my mum about one day a month... that bad!

So i am stuck at home a lot with nobody about x

Its just difficult for me to do anything. I have an 18 month old son and cannot take him to many places i can do hobbies or support groups and i literally have NO babysitters barr my mum about one day a month... that bad!

Hi Lui

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so alone at the moment ((((Lui))))) Are there any parent and baby groups/toddler groups in your area? Or baby swim classes anything like that where you and your son cpuld go together so you could meet other people?

I hope that you and your guy have had these problems, I hope that things can turn round for the two of you and that you can get through this.

Therapy can be hard and it does confront your feelings, it will also help you to realise where these feeling come from and put plans and strategies into place to help you deal with them and become stronger and happier.

((((((((((Lui)))))))

Girly

I'm sorry that the situation is as it is.

Stay on this forum. There are lots of supportive people here.

Perhaps you could get phone pals. Talking helps.