Sign in to follow this  
underarock

My Dog Is Depressed Too...

The day I found this forum one of my 2 pitbulls (sisters) learned how to jump our fence. So we made a bigger fence. She jumped it again. Pitbulls are not very well received in our community because of the breeds bad (and wrong) reputation. These two dogs are the sweetest things and have helped me keep my sanity since my horrible situation last year to which has thrown me into this depressive state.

Anyway, for her own safety we re-installed our invisible fence which we used before we could afford the real fence. She has only been shocked by it once and that was enough for us to take it down and get the fence we have now. I too have been shocked by it and did not like the method for my dogs. Prior to getting a low voltage (which is scary more than hurtful) the collar will make a ticking sound. She has heard the ticking sound the first day we had to put this back up for her own safety, and it is scaring her. I still hate to use it but we don't have money for an alternative (not to mention she is jumping an 8' fence right now).

She now refuses to go outside, I have to drag her out. She used to play with her sister and now she is completely uninterested. She hardly leaves the bed to come out and be social. They are both still puppies (1 year old now) and are trained but because they are so big, when they play they are dangerous to furniture so when we go out, they have to be outside.

She is cuddling with me now but the words OUTSIDE do not even make her get off the couch anymore. As I just wrote that, I tired and she did go out herself so I hope this is getting better. I do not want to give in and take it off, it's for her own protection. Just makes me sad to see her like that. She is outside but just sitting by the door right now. Her name is Karma.

Hey, I'm really not sure how to help you but I can reccommend a website called 'askmehelpdesk'.

Its very good and you can ask queations on every topic you can think of and they have experts who also answer them aswell as the public. I know for a fact there is a pets expert as i have spoken to her.

I hope it helps!!!

Lu

Hey, I'm really not sure how to help you but I can reccommend a website called 'askmehelpdesk'.

Its very good and you can ask queations on every topic you can think of and they have experts who also answer them aswell as the public. I know for a fact there is a pets expert as i have spoken to her.

I hope it helps!!!

Lu

That's a really great site, thank you!

The day I found this forum one of my 2 pitbulls (sisters) learned how to jump our fence. So we made a bigger fence. She jumped it again. Pitbulls are not very well received in our community because of the breeds bad (and wrong) reputation. These two dogs are the sweetest things and have helped me keep my sanity since my horrible situation last year to which has thrown me into this depressive state.

Anyway, for her own safety we re-installed our invisible fence which we used before we could afford the real fence. She has only been shocked by it once and that was enough for us to take it down and get the fence we have now. I too have been shocked by it and did not like the method for my dogs. Prior to getting a low voltage (which is scary more than hurtful) the collar will make a ticking sound. She has heard the ticking sound the first day we had to put this back up for her own safety, and it is scaring her. I still hate to use it but we don't have money for an alternative (not to mention she is jumping an 8' fence right now).

She now refuses to go outside, I have to drag her out. She used to play with her sister and now she is completely uninterested. She hardly leaves the bed to come out and be social. They are both still puppies (1 year old now) and are trained but because they are so big, when they play they are dangerous to furniture so when we go out, they have to be outside.

She is cuddling with me now but the words OUTSIDE do not even make her get off the couch anymore. As I just wrote that, I tired and she did go out herself so I hope this is getting better. I do not want to give in and take it off, it's for her own protection. Just makes me sad to see her like that. She is outside but just sitting by the door right now. Her name is Karma.

Hi Underaroc

I totally understand. Animals can become depressed like us. I