Sign in to follow this  
beg1984

My Wife Is Very Depressed... It Is Tearing Us Apart... She Needs Help But Denies Anything Is Wrong...

(((((((((((Beg)))))))))))

I know that you are worried right now, but you don't know what will happen.

Have they spoken to your son yet, or is the first time they will be speaking to him?

If it is the first time, it may just be standard procedure.

I am sending you all lots of strength.

Trace

so I just found out that the Child protective services woman wants to see my son, he is with my mother in law right now... my mother in law is meeting with the CPS lady in the morning at 10am... I have a bad feeling about this... why did the CPS lady not inform me of this? I know she says she only want s to make sure my son is ok but in the back of my mind I keep thinking she is going to try to take him from me

They do that to catch you off guard and see how things really are.

This is happening because your wife was arrested.

However, it takes a lot of CPS to take away a child and put them in a foster home. Especially when the child is with family right now anyway.

Now listen carefully, should CPS take your child CALL LEGAL AID RIGHT AWAY!!! Once in front of a judge, they will have to account for why a foster home would be better than staying with family. So stop worrying. If you are that worried about where your son is, then he shouldn't be there at all. But if you trust his grandmother, then the CPS will see this as well.

so I just found out that the Child protective services woman wants to see my son, he is with my mother in law right now... my mother in law is meeting with the CPS lady in the morning at 10am... I have a bad feeling about this... why did the CPS lady not inform me of this? I know she says she only want s to make sure my son is ok but in the back of my mind I keep thinking she is going to try to take him from me

Hi beg,

This is a normal procedure that CPS does. You have had some problems with your wife and she was arrested. They came to your home to check things out, now they must check on your son since your son was not at home with you. It's policy that they make a check on all family members involved. I have been through this with my grandchildren when I had to care for them while the parents had to get their act together. The thing is that you felt for your sons own benefit that he stay with your mother in law so that he wouldn't have to be around this situation with your wife which shows that you cared enough for his well being. I'm sure the your mother in law also sees that you were watching out for your sons well being. If there is a problem within the home and they feel that the child would not be safe there then they normally will allow another family member outside the home take care of the child instead of putting the child in a foster home. I think you are doing all the right things in trying to get your home cleaned up and trying to get your wife some help plus you had your son stay with your mother in law. I know it's hard but try not to worry too much and just see what happens from here.

Hi Beg

How did it go with the child protective services woman?

How are things today

Trace

(((((((((((Beg)))))))))))

I know that you are worried right now, but you don't know what will happen.

Have they spoken to your son yet, or is the first time they will be speaking to him?

If it is the first time, it may just be standard procedure.

I am sending you all lots of strength.

Trace

our son is almost 9 months old... I think you are right its just standard proceedure

well CPS is ordering my wife and I to go to counseling, both individually and together as well... my wife is to seek treatment for depression they would also like me to seek treatment for my bipolar... but I have been off the meds and have been managing very well for over a year now... I feel that the meds have served their purpose, they allowed me to get a clear head and use that time to learn about my triggers and ways to cope... in short I dint think I need meds...

well CPS is ordering my wife and I to go to counseling, both individually and together as well... my wife is to seek treatment for depression they would also like me to seek treatment for my bipolar... but I have been off the meds and have been managing very well for over a year now... I feel that the meds have served their purpose, they allowed me to get a clear head and use that time to learn about my triggers and ways to cope... in short I dint think I need meds...

Things are starting to look up for you, my friend.

Keep thinking positive thoughts. This will start to work out in your favour!

This is good new beg. Your wife will be getting the help she needs plus you will both be getting counseling so maybe this can help you all the way around. For yourself getting treatment for your bipolar doesn't necessarily mean that you will have to go back on meds as that is up to you and your pdoc. I'm glad that you have learned more about your triggers and ways to cope with them. How did it go with your son? Will your son be staying with your mother in law for a while? It sounds like things are turning onto the right path for you.

Hi Beg

I am glad things are headed in the right direction. I am so glad that your wife is going to get some treatment.

This is the start of things turning around for you all.

Trace

well our son is at home... we have appointments scheduled for counseling... my house is clean... my wife is being much more honest about things, its refreshing I guess

The behaviour you have described sounds perfectly normal for a woman who has just lost a baby.

Why don't you ask her to come to counselling with you, and support you, so that you can both work through the normal grief process rather than trying to convince her that there is something wrong with her.

That's great that your son is home now beg, and your wife being able to be more honest and open about things is a great start. Now the healing can begin, it may be a bit rocky at times for the both of you but now that you will be be getting counseling separately and together your family now has a new beginning. Keep posting hon, we are still here for you anytime.

my wife wants to say good bye to the guy she had been talking to... in person... I dont know how I feel about this... I am uncomfortable to say the least

Hi beg,

I can see why you would be confused on how you feel about your wife saying good bye to this guy in person and it's understanding. Only your wife though knows what she needs to do in order to move on. This may be something that she really needs to do for her own sake and for your family's sake so that you can both move forward with your family and counseling sessions. If this is what she feels the need to do then try to give her that trust and then you will know where things stand. The good thing is that you wife has expressed to you the need to do this in person and she isn't trying to hide it from you, this is a good sign or at least this is only my thoughts on it. I know it will be uncomfortable for you but try not to hold her back on this as she may end up resenting you if you try to hold her back from doing this. You may ask her to do it in a public place if that will help the both of you. Let us know how that goes hon.