All Wellbutrin Combos

I know there are a lot of topics that cover Wellbutrin combos separately, but I'm hoping that by starting a new thread you will all post and we can get all of the available information/testimonies in one section for easier access.

Here's the background. I've been on Wellbutrin now for over 4 weeks (I'm currently at 300 mg once daily), and although it has brought my level of depression up a little it's just not cutting it. I don't cry all the time anymore, but I want to, and I just can't seem to get rid of the sadness even though it's contained now and I am able to (sort of) function. I have to go back to see my doctor in two weeks and I already know that the talk will either be of discontinuing the Wellbutrin completely or adding another AD to the mix to boost me up that last little bit. I want to know what I'm talking about when I go, and what possible combinations we can consider because I do not want to go completely off of Wellbutrin and start from scratch again (too heartbreaking). Also, I don't have a Pdoc. I know I should have one, but I live in a small community and there aren't really any available. My doctor and I are just doing the best we can on our own to figure this whole thing out.

Extra concerns for me are, like most people, that I am worried about sexual SE's of different meds and whether or not by keeping Wellbutrin in the mix I can possibly avoid these. I know from experience that I am usually affected in this way, positively with Wellbutrin but negatively with Effexor, Zoloft, and Paxil. Sadly, in Canada where I live I can no longer get Serzone which has been my wonder drug in the past.

So, if you take Wellbutrin in combination with another AD can you please post:

1) What the combo is (and how much of each you take),

2) What the first drug was and why you added the second, and

3) How it helped to fix the concern that prompted the addition of a second AD in the first place.

I would really appreciate any and all information on this subject. Thanks everybody.

Hi,

I am on a combo of wellbutrin, zoloft and abilify. I am on 100 wellbutrin,

75 zoloft and 5 abilify. This combo works really well for me. I am not able

to make it on wellbutrin alone either. The abilify is for me the best med I

have ever taken - it really helped pull me out of my depression and I have

stayed out of it for over 4 years. I hope you find something that will

work for you.

best wishes,

starr

I currently take wellbutrin 450mg a day, klonopin .5mg twice a day and NAC (n-aceytl cysteine) 1200mg a day. I was on cymbalta which pooped out and caused weight gain and other SEs. So he added the WB to that. I decided to wean off the cymbalta. IT WAS HELL. I will never take another SNRI because of that. It came down to choosing between the NAC or Lamictal and I chose NAC. Only started it a week ago, so cannot really say much yet about it but I do feel less on edge, without being sedated. We shall see. I stayed on the WB after the Cymbalta because it does help as you described - a little. Oh, and I have lost about 7-10 lbs since coming off the cymbalta.

I currently don't have a miracle combination, but for what it's worth, I'll detail my history with Wellbutrin. I've been taking it since January, but since I have anxiety problems, I can't take it by itself.

1. Zoloft. I was taking 100 mg, then increased it to 150 mg. Still wasn't giving me more than slight assistance, though. Wellbutrin SR was added, and I take 100 mg twice a day.

2. Since the Zoloft really wasn't working that much, and I started to have weird side effects from the Zoloft/Wellbutrin combo, I weaned off Zoloft.

3. I've just started taking Buspar. Literally, yesterday. Beginning with 5 mg twice a day and then going up to 10 mg twice a day. Can't say how that's working, obviously.

Wellbutrin has helped me to feel a bit happier, though it exacerbates my anxiety. Most importantly, it helps me thing more clearly. Now I just need something to help with the anxiety issues . . .

I know there are a lot of topics that cover Wellbutrin combos separately, but I'm hoping that by starting a new thread you will all post and we can get all of the available information/testimonies in one section for easier access.

Here's the background. I've been on Wellbutrin now for over 4 weeks (I'm currently at 300 mg once daily), and although it has brought my level of depression up a little it's just not cutting it. I don't cry all the time anymore, but I want to, and I just can't seem to get rid of the sadness even though it's contained now and I am able to (sort of) function. I have to go back to see my doctor in two weeks and I already know that the talk will either be of discontinuing the Wellbutrin completely or adding another AD to the mix to boost me up that last little bit. I want to know what I'm talking about when I go, and what possible combinations we can consider because I do not want to go completely off of Wellbutrin and start from scratch again (too heartbreaking). Also, I don't have a Pdoc. I know I should have one, but I live in a small community and there aren't really any available. My doctor and I are just doing the best we can on our own to figure this whole thing out.

Extra concerns for me are, like most people, that I am worried about sexual SE's of different meds and whether or not by keeping Wellbutrin in the mix I can possibly avoid these. I know from experience that I am usually affected in this way, positively with Wellbutrin but negatively with Effexor, Zoloft, and Paxil. Sadly, in Canada where I live I can no longer get Serzone which has been my wonder drug in the past.

So, if you take Wellbutrin in combination with another AD can you please post:

1) What the combo is (and how much of each you take),

2) What the first drug was and why you added the second, and

3) How it helped to fix the concern that prompted the addition of a second AD in the first place.

I would really appreciate any and all information on this subject. Thanks everybody.

Wellbutrin XL 150 mg

Remeron 45 mg

X-ray

Thanks starr, Cheers, AngelOfTheMoor, and X-ray! I really appreciate this info. Everyone else, please keep answering if you have a wellbutrin combo - even if, like AngetOfTheMorr, it isn't perfect yet. I know that everyone reacts to ADs in different ways, but I still think this information is valuable to an overall understanding of what different options might be.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it is Wellbutrin XL 150 mg and nefazodone (Serzone) 375 mg. I haven't had any negative side effects with this combo. The only negative is that it doesn't completely alleviate my anxiety but it sure beats SSRI side effects.

• 1 month later...

Well, I've been on a Wellbutrin combo for 3 weeks now and am doing so well. I am currently on Wellbutrin xl 300 mg, and Cymbalta 60 mg. For me the two together have been amazing, and I feel almost no side effects because they seem to cancel each other out in that sense. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know, hopefully people can use my story to encourage them.