Sign in to follow this  
rtp1969

Do You Take Abilify In The Morning Afternoon, Or The Evening?

Do you take Abilify in the Morning Afternoon, or the Evening?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take Abilify in the Morning Afternoon, or the Evening?

• Morning
    • Afternoon
    • Evening

Do you take Abilify in the Morning Afternoon, or the Evening? If you would like to explain why you take it when you do please explain.

thanks, rt

I take Abilify in the morning.

I find Abilify to be a bit stimulating, so I don't want to take it late in the day (and be up all night).

Hello,

My pdoc told me to take 5 mg, in the morning and 10 mg at bed time, this last, with 7.5 mg of Remeron.

Thanks.

Hi,

I take my abilify 5mg at night and it does not keep

me up. This med has been wonderful for me - I

hope it works as well for you.

best wishes,

starr

I just started abilify.My pdoc has me on 30 to be taken at bedtime.I keep waking up during the night.I wonder if I should start taking it in the morning????I also take it with 45 of mirtazipine and 1 mg of lorazepam.I am also on cymbalta.

I was told to take it in the morning as supposedly it can be activating for some people. I have not had this effect yet, but wish I did.

I currently take Abilify in the morning but have not found it activiating yet. As such, I think I will start taking it at night as it makes me rather sleepy and restless. I figure I'll sleep the worst of it off.

I take 20mg at night. Since going up to this dose I am edgy at all times when I'm awake and my anxiety is no better. I am also on Remeron and Paxil.

I am on 2mg of Abilify - I am currently being weaned off this medication. This medication has not helped me at all, as an adjunct to my SSRI.

I am on 5mg of Abilify. Twice daily. One in the morning, one at night. This medication may not be perfect, but it has helped me so much. I have tried getting off and trying new things, I was a train wreck. Only symptoms is extreme hunger which causes weight gain for me.

I took mine in the morning for about 5-6 weeks and experienced high energy levels, then moved to the evening because I was feeling very sleepy and tired. I've been taking at night for about 1 week and still feel sleepy during the day.

I was taking it in the morning and found that I was falling asleep at work in the morning... so I switched it to nights 2 nights ago... and I'm still falling asleep at work ugh... I'm also on Wellbutrin & Viibrid that I take in the morning, I wonder if those are making me so sleepy

Even though Abilify is a little sedating for me, I take it in the morning because I was told to take it at a different time of day from my effexor due to a racing heartbeat after taking them at the same time.

I don't take my Abilify because it makes me a little but annoyingly restless. I was prescribed 5mg my cabinet takes them

dont understand how a doctor could help you if you dont take the meds.. why bother going ?

Hiya there, I take my 20mg dose of Abilify in the late afternoon about 4pm. I go to to bed at 4pm see.

It helps me the following day when I wake up. My tablet wears off late evening and I'm in a bad way and can't do anything. So I'm best to take it late afternoon. Thank you.

Although I voted evening, I have recently changed to the mornings as I dose up with Mirtazapine in the mornings too. I found this combination too sedating at night and slept through my alarm when I had a very important meeting to go to in the morning! As it is just going a week from switching, this is the first night where I am tired but can't sleep.