Sign in to follow this  
Autumn

Upping To 300mg Xl

Hi everyone,

It's been 4 weeks since I started Wellbutrin 150mg XL. It's been quite a ride already which is both positive and negative for me. I never responded to anything I ever tried before (from SSRI to SNRI to NaSSa to combinations + some lose dose atypical antipsychotics). To this, I do seem to respond in some way. Yay :shocked: ?

I have a real problem with fatigue. It's one of my main symptoms. So the first week was 'good' because I really felt the boost it gave in the mornings. The first weekend though I mostly stayed in bed because of a real increase in anxiety, suicidal ideation and crying spells (last one definitely not me at all - flat affect is also a symptom).

I kept feeling the boost in the mornings the next two weeks, but somehow it seemed to wear off in the afternoon. I had like 'lows' between 2 and 6 p.m., where I just felt like the 'energy' (it feels like fake energy) is all gone and I need rest. I currently work part time, mostly mornings, so I ended up in bed in the afternoon (which I hate doing but it feels ike my body's bailing on me anyway). Sometimes I got really hyped up again in the evening and I as a result had a hard time going the sleep (even with the sleeping aid my pdoc prescribed to get through the start up - although apart from that my sleeping pattern's messed up anyway).

Over the last week I felt like the effect is just wearing off more. Still the kind of boost in the morning but after that I'm all tired, have a lower mood, etc..., still some agitation though.

As to side effects I experience : dry mouth (or bad taste) at times, less appetite (resulting in losing some weight), some nausea and dizziness, more emotions (feeling like you can laugh and cry at the same time), restlessness,...

So altogether the Wellbutrin does 'something' but it doesn't feel balanced at all.

I called my pdoc and she suggested I go up to 300mg XL now. So I'll try that as of tomorrow :wwww:

I was wondering whether most of you people on 300mg XL take it as one dose in the morning or split it in 2 x 150mg XL, one in the morning and one at noon/early afternoon.

(I know there are 300mg XL tablets but I only have the 150mgXL tabs for now)

Autumn

So I guess my question comes down to:

Is 2 x 150mg XL taken at once the same as taking one tablet of 300mg XL (or should you take the 2 tablets of 150mg XL at different times)?

I was just wondering is the metabolism is the same... :shocked:

Autumn

Give your dr a buzz....

I would think that taking 2 (two) 150 mg XL together would be the same as taking 1 (one) 300 mg XL. Even though their intended to last longer (coating and/or half-life) you may be metabolizing them more quickly.

You could try to spread them out and see what happens....? From what I've read on here, people have experimented with when to take the second dose so as to not mess with sleep.

I just take 150 mg in the morn....