Sign in to follow this  
Trace

New Members Special Posting Area

I'm here, trying out yet another anti-depressant. I'm not sure that Wellbutrin is the drug for me, as I suffer from pretty severe anxiety as well, but I'm out of options seeing as though I'm pregnant and Wellbutrin is one of two, maybe three drugs OK'd for use in pregnant women. I tried Zoloft, but couldn't tolerate the side effects.

Wellbutrin - not feeling anything so far at 150 mg. I will probably increase my dosage soon, but am afraid of feeling anxious. I plan on adding Pristiq or Lexapro to Wellbutrin when I deliver.

I'm feeling really down and anxious today, and cannot wait to see when and if Wellbutrin will kick in for me. I really hope it does.

I'm here, trying out yet another anti-depressant. I'm not sure that Wellbutrin is the drug for me, as I suffer from pretty severe anxiety as well, but I'm out of options seeing as though I'm pregnant and Wellbutrin is one of two, maybe three drugs OK'd for use in pregnant women. I tried Zoloft, but couldn't tolerate the side effects.

Wellbutrin - not feeling anything so far at 150 mg. I will probably increase my dosage soon, but am afraid of feeling anxious. I plan on adding Pristiq or Lexapro to Wellbutrin when I deliver.

I'm feeling really down and anxious today, and cannot wait to see when and if Wellbutrin will kick in for me. I really hope it does.

Hi and Welcome itsjustmoi

Congrats on being pregnant! I really hope that Wellbutrin works for you.

Trace

Hi, I'm new here..

I just wanted to say hello & share what lead me to starting Wellbutrin 2wks ago.

First off I'm a nurse so, I guess you can say I was a little hard on myself for not realizing I was

letting myself go so long without help. I know better but, coming from a family that doesn't believe

that "taking a pill" can cure you or you are considered "weak", I really didn't have anyone but my

friends to talk to about this & I really didn't want anyone to know..

I"m in my 30's and in '05 I lost my Mother to Cancer & in '07 I lost my Father due to

complications from open heart surgery. So, back in '06 after my brother begged me to

either go to a "grievance counselor" or get help somewhere I did try for almost 2yrs

Prozac then Zoloft. I can't really remember the doses but, I did try them both & I must say

that the Zoloft had such horrible side effects at first that I sunk down lower in my

PTSD & depression.

I lost a few good friends after loosing both parents from just shutting them out &

basically "living in my bubble"..

I got out of the rut & in '08 returned to school but, this time I wanted to get done

with school asap so I went for my LPN & graduated in '09.

I thought I was just fine & started my new career with high expectations &

was doing just fine with no medications since early '08.

This past March I started to work with Hospice as a nurse.

I finally couldn't take all the stress of working alone as the

nurse, social worker, & counselor to the families, friends

& employees of the other facilities all by myself..

I basically live off of 3-4 hrs MAX when I'm working, on

a good day. When I'm not working all I do is stay home

& sleep. I'm exhausted, worn out & for some reason

suddenly have "social anxiety". I don't like to go anywhere

alone when I'm not working. Just going to the local

grocery store works me up..

I really hope the Wellbutrin works for me since I would

really like to get back to me.

I was first put on Wellbutrin 100mg but once I realized

I would have to take it 3x's a day I called my Dr's office

& explained that the script was wrong. (they had me

taking this only once a day). I normally do my research

on meds for my family & friends but didn't do so till after

the fact.

I'm now taking the name brand Wellbutrin XL 150mg

after having very bad side effects from the generic

form.

I'm trying to stay positive but, I'm a little disappointed

after I found out I would have to pay out of my own

pocket for the "name brand" until my Dr's office

gets in touch with my insurance company & it is approved.

It's just too expensive to pay for on my own with

going back to school in the spring..

I've tried to shorten this as much as possible

& I'm sorry it's so long but I wanted to tell

my story in case there are "others" out there

going though this & to let them know they

are not alone. There is nothing wrong with

taking medication & it's really no one's

business if you should choose to do so.

Best of luck to everyone that is taking

this med. I hope in time we can find a

way to get our lives back or just feel

better..

Hi, I'm new here..

I just wanted to say hello & share what lead me to starting Wellbutrin 2wks ago.

First off I'm a nurse so, I guess you can say I was a little hard on myself for not realizing I was

letting myself go so long without help. I know better but, coming from a family that doesn't believe

that "taking a pill" can cure you or you are considered "weak", I really didn't have anyone but my

friends to talk to about this & I really didn't want anyone to know..

I"m in my 30's and in '05 I lost my Mother to Cancer & in '07 I lost my Father due to

complications from open heart surgery. So, back in '06 after my brother begged me to

either go to a "grievance counselor" or get help somewhere I did try for almost 2yrs

Prozac then Zoloft. I can't really remember the doses but, I did try them both & I must say

that the Zoloft had such horrible side effects at first that I sunk down lower in my

PTSD & depression.

I lost a few good friends after loosing both parents from just shutting them out &

basically "living in my bubble"..

I got out of the rut & in '08 returned to school but, this time I wanted to get done

with school asap so I went for my LPN & graduated in '09.

I thought I was just fine & started my new career with high expectations &

was doing just fine with no medications since early '08.

This past March I started to work with Hospice as a nurse.

I finally couldn't take all the stress of working alone as the

nurse, social worker, & counselor to the families, friends

& employees of the other facilities all by myself..

I basically live off of 3-4 hrs MAX when I'm working, on

a good day. When I'm not working all I do is stay home

& sleep. I'm exhausted, worn out & for some reason

suddenly have "social anxiety". I don't like to go anywhere

alone when I'm not working. Just going to the local

grocery store works me up..

I really hope the Wellbutrin works for me since I would

really like to get back to me.

I was first put on Wellbutrin 100mg but once I realized

I would have to take it 3x's a day I called my Dr's office

& explained that the script was wrong. (they had me

taking this only once a day). I normally do my research

on meds for my family & friends but didn't do so till after

the fact.

I'm now taking the name brand Wellbutrin XL 150mg

after having very bad side effects from the generic

form.

I'm trying to stay positive but, I'm a little disappointed

after I found out I would have to pay out of my own

pocket for the "name brand" until my Dr's office

gets in touch with my insurance company & it is approved.

It's just too expensive to pay for on my own with

going back to school in the spring..

I've tried to shorten this as much as possible

& I'm sorry it's so long but I wanted to tell

my story in case there are "others" out there

going though this & to let them know they

are not alone. There is nothing wrong with

taking medication & it's really no one's

business if you should choose to do so.

Best of luck to everyone that is taking

this med. I hope in time we can find a

way to get our lives back or just feel

better..

Hi and Welcome Gwenny720

I love your avatar. You are not alone at all here. I am sorry for the loss of both your Mom and your Dad. I wish everyone understood that taking meds does not make you weak, as it is a real illness that needs treatment. I really hope the Wellbutrin works for you.

Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace

Hi Gwenny!

First, welcome to this forum. I lost my father to cancer in 2006 and since then, I had, and I still have, a hard time recovering from such a loss. I developed anxiety with respect to health/sickness (hypochondria) since then. There is nothing bad in taking medications but I know that, when it comes to mental health, people are more reluctant to take it. I tell people that If you have trouble with your vision, you have to wear glasses, right? Same thing for mental health. Good luck with Wellbutrin. Keep me posted

Ok so I am new here and I need some dosage help. Here is has and is going on.

I first started an AD a few months ago after I had my daughter and had PPD. My Dr put me on Cymbalta. I was to take a week of 30mg and then start 60mg. Cymbalta worked GREAT for me...I loved it. So in the last month of taking Cymbalta I had to ween myself off of it...but I couldn't. Every time I would get to day 3 I would be completely dizzy and had to take one to stop the dizziness. So after trying to ween off it for almost 2 months now my Dr suggested trying Wellbutrin...I had told her that I like the way I felt on the Cymbalta...so she said Wellbutrin would work the same but it might help me stop smoking as well. And an even bigger bonus is right now I am trying to lose the baby weight. And she said this might help as well. I did lose 13 lbs in the last month so she knows I am already on a program and thinks this might help a little more. So she gives me the generic Wellbutrin...can't think of the spelling right now. And gave me the SR kind @ 300mg a day...so I take one in the morning and one later in the day.

Ok so now the problem -

She didn't tell me anything about slowly starting like maybe 1 a day for a week or whatever. So I started taking them on Wednesday morning. So I have taken 3 full days worth at this point. The last 3 days have been really weird for me. So shortly after I took my first dose I felt very energetic...still dizzy pretty much all day. So this was day 4 of no Cymbalta. Then throughout the day my mood changed. And there were times that I would break down and cry. Then at night when I was laying down to sleep I got a couple of those surges in your head. The next morning all was good. This is pretty much how it has been the past 3 days. Happy, energetic, emoitional, irritable etc...and finally the deal breaker was tonight when I started having the most bizarre and mean thoughts cross my mind. Why would I think mean things? Why would I all of a sudden think of hurting people? I am not sure if it is my body still needing the Cymbalta or this stuff...did I take too much to start? If so how do I back off now or do I just keep going like this and hope it improves in a couple days?

Ok so I am new here and I need some dosage help. Here is has and is going on.

I first started an AD a few months ago after I had my daughter and had PPD. My Dr put me on Cymbalta. I was to take a week of 30mg and then start 60mg. Cymbalta worked GREAT for me...I loved it. So in the last month of taking Cymbalta I had to ween myself off of it...but I couldn't. Every time I would get to day 3 I would be completely dizzy and had to take one to stop the dizziness. So after trying to ween off it for almost 2 months now my Dr suggested trying Wellbutrin...I had told her that I like the way I felt on the Cymbalta...so she said Wellbutrin would work the same but it might help me stop smoking as well. And an even bigger bonus is right now I am trying to lose the baby weight. And she said this might help as well. I did lose 13 lbs in the last month so she knows I am already on a program and thinks this might help a little more. So she gives me the generic Wellbutrin...can't think of the spelling right now. And gave me the SR kind @ 300mg a day...so I take one in the morning and one later in the day.

Ok so now the problem -

She didn't tell me anything about slowly starting like maybe 1 a day for a week or whatever. So I started taking them on Wednesday morning. So I have taken 3 full days worth at this point. The last 3 days have been really weird for me. So shortly after I took my first dose I felt very energetic...still dizzy pretty much all day. So this was day 4 of no Cymbalta. Then throughout the day my mood changed. And there were times that I would break down and cry. Then at night when I was laying down to sleep I got a couple of those surges in your head. The next morning all was good. This is pretty much how it has been the past 3 days. Happy, energetic, emoitional, irritable etc...and finally the deal breaker was tonight when I started having the most bizarre and mean thoughts cross my mind. Why would I think mean things? Why would I all of a sudden think of hurting people? I am not sure if it is my body still needing the Cymbalta or this stuff...did I take too much to start? If so how do I back off now or do I just keep going like this and hope it improves in a couple days?

Hi and Welcome lovingmygirls

Meds can give you start up side effects, some can be not so pleasant. It may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to wean into your system properly and for the side effects to stop. You may want to take a look through the room to see if anyone is experiencing these side effects. Also you may be experiencing withdrawal side effects from Cymbalta.

Trace

Hello, I too am new to this forum. I just want to let everyone know that it takes a lot of courage to talk about your feelings openly to complete strangers so I admire you all. I hope to make this site my 2nd home!

A brief history of my med:

• started on Prozac at 16 & became suicidal (I overdosed and had to have my stomach pumped)
  • soon after I was on Zoloft (wasn't a good fit - still had manic depression)
  • followed by Paxil because I was getting panic attacks (the depression stayed the same or got worse)
  • after Paxil I was on Citaloprom ( I started that medication in January of 2010; first 20 mg then 40mg; I gained 16lbs in less than 6 months - no good. My doctor did not believe that it was the medication, but simply me overeating. I've always weighed between 110-112lbs and those 16lbs were extremely noticeable for my petite frame)
  • July of this year my doctor began to taper me off of Citaloprom & begin Bupropion. First I went from my usual dose of 40mg to 30mg; 2 weeks later 20mg; 2 weeks later I began 10mg of Citaloprom and Bupropion at 75mg; 2 weeks followed when my dose changed to 150mg.
  • after another follow-up with my doctor, she decided that 300mg would be best; however, she only prescribed 225mg.

I have been on Bupropion at 225mg since 9/28/10 and just this week, literally Tuesday, I began to feel better. No more sudden outbursts of tears, no more thoughts of ******* myself.

I have been struggling with depression since I was 15, though I can remember feeling like that at a much younger age. I'll never forget my first "anger/depressed" outburst. I was in 1st grade and my parents had just bought me a silver and neon pink trapper keeper (it was 1987!) and I remember getting so angry that I tore it apart. I took out my anger on my new trapper keeper for no reason. Afterwards, I felt so depressed because I couldn't fix what I did. I cried and screamed and felt like my entire world was over. I was 7 years old and I knew then, that I wasn't okay, or as my family would put it "normal."

After so many years with a psychiatrist (I saw her when I was 16-17), several psychologists and medications later, I am hoping that I can now find peace. I am 30 years old and I spent my entire teenage years in a rut. I hope to stray the dark and rainy cloud that has been looming all of these years and finally see the world for what it is.

Thank you all!

Hello, I too am new to this forum. I just want to let everyone know that it takes a lot of courage to talk about your feelings openly to complete strangers so I admire you all. I hope to make this site my 2nd home!

A brief history of my med:

• started on Prozac at 16 & became suicidal (I overdosed and had to have my stomach pumped)
  • soon after I was on Zoloft (wasn't a good fit - still had manic depression)
  • followed by Paxil because I was getting panic attacks (the depression stayed the same or got worse)
  • after Paxil I was on Citaloprom ( I started that medication in January of 2010; first 20 mg then 40mg; I gained 16lbs in less than 6 months - no good. My doctor did not believe that it was the medication, but simply me overeating. I've always weighed between 110-112lbs and those 16lbs were extremely noticeable for my petite frame)
  • July of this year my doctor began to taper me off of Citaloprom & begin Bupropion. First I went from my usual dose of 40mg to 30mg; 2 weeks later 20mg; 2 weeks later I began 10mg of Citaloprom and Bupropion at 75mg; 2 weeks followed when my dose changed to 150mg.
  • after another follow-up with my doctor, she decided that 300mg would be best; however, she only prescribed 225mg.

I have been on Bupropion at 225mg since 9/28/10 and just this week, literally Tuesday, I began to feel better. No more sudden outbursts of tears, no more thoughts of ******* myself.

I have been struggling with depression since I was 15, though I can remember feeling like that at a much younger age. I'll never forget my first "anger/depressed" outburst. I was in 1st grade and my parents had just bought me a silver and neon pink trapper keeper (it was 1987!) and I remember getting so angry that I tore it apart. I took out my anger on my new trapper keeper for no reason. Afterwards, I felt so depressed because I couldn't fix what I did. I cried and screamed and felt like my entire world was over. I was 7 years old and I knew then, that I wasn't okay, or as my family would put it "normal."

After so many years with a psychiatrist (I saw her when I was 16-17), several psychologists and medications later, I am hoping that I can now find peace. I am 30 years old and I spent my entire teenage years in a rut. I hope to stray the dark and rainy cloud that has been looming all of these years and finally see the world for what it is.

Thank you all!

Hi and Welcome liz2010

It is wonderful to have you here. I am sorry that you have suffered from such a young age. I really hope that the Bupropion works for you, so that the dark cloud can lift.

Trace

Hey Everyone :)

I'm new to this and accidentally made my own sub topic about my 1st dosage yesterday, instead of in here. Woopsie...

Anywho, a little about myself. I'm 24 years old, I have a beautiful daughter who will be 3 in November, and an alcoholic husband who I love, but wish would slack up a bit. My issues began at age 11 when my father died from alcoholism. Severe anxiety and MDD, which I still have both. I immediately turned to my older brother, who introduced me to drugs, alcohol and sex at a very young age, had done it all by 12 and was a pack a day smoker. Well, I still smoke, no more drugs (except the scripted ones) and I was drinking 2 times a week, but I'm in the process of cutting that out completely.

So! I have tried a whole huge list of AD's starting around age 14-15, nothing ever really helped. In fact until just recently I never ever felt anything at all when taking them. I swore them off for a few yrs, and then 2 months ago or so my Doc perscribed Mirtazapine, and I've been on 30mgs for almost 2 months. They seemed to help at first, and then the anxiety and depression got worse than ever for a bit so now here we are on day 2 of Bupropion SR 150mg. Too soon to tell how it's going, but that's my background :) I'm already really enjoying being on this site, I've gotten alot of possitive feedback. Thanks!

:hearthrob:Love Lauren

Mirtazapine 30mgs at night

Bupropion SR 150mgs morning

Xanex or Ativan .5mgs as needed (usually 1-2 a day to help chill out the panic!)

Edited by laurenk182004

Hey Everyone :)

I'm new to this and accidentally made my own sub topic about my 1st dosage yesterday, instead of in here. Woopsie...

Anywho, a little about myself. I'm 24 years old, I have a beautiful daughter who will be 3 in November, and an alcoholic husband who I love, but wish would slack up a bit. My issues began at age 11 when my father died from alcoholism. Severe anxiety and MDD, which I still have both. I immediately turned to my older brother, who introduced me to drugs, alcohol and sex at a very young age, had done it all by 12 and was a pack a day smoker. Well, I still smoke, no more drugs (except the scripted ones) and I was drinking 2 times a week, but I'm in the process of cutting that out completely.

So! I have tried a whole huge list of AD's starting around age 14-15, nothing ever really helped. In fact until just recently I never ever felt anything at all when taking them. I swore them off for a few yrs, and then 2 months ago or so my Doc perscribed Mirtazapine, and I've been on 30mgs for almost 2 months. They seemed to help at first, and then the anxiety and depression got worse than ever for a bit so now here we are on day 2 of Bupropion SR 150mg. Too soon to tell how it's going, but that's my background :) I'm already really enjoying being on this site, I've gotten alot of possitive feedback. Thanks!

:hearthrob:Love Lauren

Mirtazapine 30mgs at night

Bupropion SR 150mgs morning

Xanex or Ativan .5mgs as needed (usually 1-2 a day to help chill out the panic!)

Hi and Welcome Lauren

It is perfectly ok to start a topic before you introduce yourself. I think it is fantastic that you are working on yourself.

I really hope that the Bupropion works for you.

Trace

Hi "ljacques" ,

I'm sorry for your loss.. I'm not sure if I mentioned in that super long "about me" post that my Mother had Lung Cancer.

I know there is nothing wrong with taking meds but it's my family that for some reason thinks I should be "over" the

sad stage of mourning my parents & just put on a happy face..

I wish I could but, if anything I've sunk even deeper into this depression.

I'm still hoping this med will kick in & I'll feel something soon.

I'm super tired all the time & from reading the posts on here other people are fortunate enough to

get energy from this med..

If anything I take this & just fall back asleep.

I always take it when I wake up & if I'm working I just go to work & I don't feel as exhausted as

I do when I'm at home. But, my job wears me out so I'm thinking this is just from work considering

I did the same thing "before" I started WB.

Best of luck to you & I hope you start to feel better soon!

Hi Gwenny!

First, welcome to this forum. I lost my father to cancer in 2006 and since then, I had, and I still have, a hard time recovering from such a loss. I developed anxiety with respect to health/sickness (hypochondria) since then. There is nothing bad in taking medications but I know that, when it comes to mental health, people are more reluctant to take it. I tell people that If you have trouble with your vision, you have to wear glasses, right? Same thing for mental health. Good luck with Wellbutrin. Keep me posted

Hey, I joined quite a while ago, but haven't really posted much. :blush21:

I have been on Bupropion [& Trazadone] for about 3 years, I was at close to 400mg daily 2 doses of 200mg, and I started having problems with 'brain zaps', tremors in my hands and a general lack of fine motor control. I went down to 200mg daily in two doses of 100mg. That was too low, now I'm at 300mg daily, 2 doses of 150mg.

I have always had problems with anger flares on this med when I get close to meds time, or when I miss a dose. I also have more problems with tremors & loss of fine motor control when I miss more than 2 doses a week, or when I experience severe anxiety or other strong negative emotions. I have problems with memory and 'blankness', but this may be the result of long term depression. It is still worth it for now, because nothing has helped as much as Bupropion.

I was on Zoloft and Trazadone in my late 20's [i'm 40 now], and I felt like I was strapped to the front of an out of control locomotive. When I started having heart problems, I went to see a doctor who had also worked in a detox facility--he thought I was a crackhead. [fortunately a friend of mine he knew told him otherwise].

[deep breath] My depression is genetic, I've struggled with it since I was about 17. My absolute worst episodes were in my early 20's; I've had really bad spots since then, but none as bad as that.

hey to Trace!

Hey, I joined quite a while ago, but haven't really posted much. :blush21:

I have been on Bupropion [& Trazadone] for about 3 years, I was at close to 400mg daily 2 doses of 200mg, and I started having problems with 'brain zaps', tremors in my hands and a general lack of fine motor control. I went down to 200mg daily in two doses of 100mg. That was too low, now I'm at 300mg daily, 2 doses of 150mg.

I have always had problems with anger flares on this med when I get close to meds time, or when I miss a dose. I also have more problems with tremors & loss of fine motor control when I miss more than 2 doses a week, or when I experience severe anxiety or other strong negative emotions. I have problems with memory and 'blankness', but this may be the result of long term depression. It is still worth it for now, because nothing has helped as much as Bupropion.

I was on Zoloft and Trazadone in my late 20's [i'm 40 now], and I felt like I was strapped to the front of an out of control locomotive. When I started having heart problems, I went to see a doctor who had also worked in a detox facility--he thought I was a crackhead. [fortunately a friend of mine he knew told him otherwise].

[deep breath] My depression is genetic, I've struggled with it since I was about 17. My absolute worst episodes were in my early 20's; I've had really bad spots since then, but none as bad as that.

hey to Trace!

Hi 20YearsandCounting

Thanks for the Hi to :smile:

It is awful that you have suffered from depression for so long. I am just glad that you are not suffering as much as you did in your 20's. Its good to see you back.

Trace

I've been lurking and reading the posts for about a month now. I came here after having the bad side effects of starting Bupropion XL 150mg.

In January of 2009 I had a brain stem stroke and one of the side effects of the stroke is depression and panic attacks. When I first saw my pdoc after getting out of the hospital, she said I would need an anti-depressant....even though I did not feel depressed. I figured I just needed some Valium and I would be alright. She was right, it wasn't long until I had all kinds of mental/emotional things to deal with. I have made great progress in overcoming the stroke but the mental depression has been harder to overcome. It takes so long trying to find the right combination. Currently, I am taking Lexapro 20mg and the Bupropion along with klonpin and zanax as needed for panic attacks. I'm really hoping that the WB will finally balance things out.

canepole

I've been lurking and reading the posts for about a month now. I came here after having the bad side effects of starting Bupropion XL 150mg.

In January of 2009 I had a brain stem stroke and one of the side effects of the stroke is depression and panic attacks. When I first saw my pdoc after getting out of the hospital, she said I would need an anti-depressant....even though I did not feel depressed. I figured I just needed some Valium and I would be alright. She was right, it wasn't long until I had all kinds of mental/emotional things to deal with. I have made great progress in overcoming the stroke but the mental depression has been harder to overcome. It takes so long trying to find the right combination. Currently, I am taking Lexapro 20mg and the Bupropion along with klonpin and zanax as needed for panic attacks. I'm really hoping that the WB will finally balance things out.

canepole

Hi and Welcome canepole

I am so sorry that you suffered a stroke that brought on depression and panic attacks. It is awful to suffer with this illness. I really hope that the Wellbutrin works for you.

Trace

Hi I'm new! Have lurked on these forums for a while but not neccesarily this one. 30 years old, female, newly married. :smilingteeth:

I have generalized anxiety disorder and have been on and off a bunch of stuff the past 5 years. It started right as I was studying for the bar exam (coincidence?). I pass though. I'm a lawyer but I work in government which means I don't know anything about whatever legal question you might want to know and I'm broke. :cry:

Anyway, after my insurance stopped paying for Lexapro in January 2009 I went on Celexa, gained 40 pounds and then quit it cold turkey after a few months. Still haven't lost the weight though. Then I started taking Cymbalta about a year ago. Lately I had been feeling depressed (partially about my weight) and just felt that the Cymbalta wasn't working. And it cost $40 a month!

So I asked my NP about going on Wellbutrin because my research showed it didn't affect weight and could actually cause weight loss/ Stupid reason looking back but I was getting desperate.

I'm only on something like 75 milligrams right now and next Thursday I'm supposed to double it to 150 and then go in and see her after a total of four weeks. But.....I had to call up the emergency number the other night and talk to a doctor at my practice because I had a panic attack and could NOT calm down for over an hour even though I took a Xanax. The doc on call told me to switch to taking the Wellbutrin in the morning. Which I did but now I wake up in the middle of the night and have all this nervous energy.

Do you think I should call the doc back or just try to ride it out? I don't like to take Xanax because I want to be able to manage my moods but I'm so tired today and I'm worried about tonight. :sleep_1: At least my husband will be home. He has been gone all week!

Sorry that's long, hi! :smile:

Hi I'm new! Have lurked on these forums for a while but not neccesarily this one. 30 years old, female, newly married. :smilingteeth:

I have generalized anxiety disorder and have been on and off a bunch of stuff the past 5 years. It started right as I was studying for the bar exam (coincidence?). I pass though. I'm a lawyer but I work in government which means I don't know anything about whatever legal question you might want to know and I'm broke. :cry:

Anyway, after my insurance stopped paying for Lexapro in January 2009 I went on Celexa, gained 40 pounds and then quit it cold turkey after a few months. Still haven't lost the weight though. Then I started taking Cymbalta about a year ago. Lately I had been feeling depressed (partially about my weight) and just felt that the Cymbalta wasn't working. And it cost $40 a month!

So I asked my NP about going on Wellbutrin because my research showed it didn't affect weight and could actually cause weight loss/ Stupid reason looking back but I was getting desperate.

I'm only on something like 75 milligrams right now and next Thursday I'm supposed to double it to 150 and then go in and see her after a total of four weeks. But.....I had to call up the emergency number the other night and talk to a doctor at my practice because I had a panic attack and could NOT calm down for over an hour even though I took a Xanax. The doc on call told me to switch to taking the Wellbutrin in the morning. Which I did but now I wake up in the middle of the night and have all this nervous energy.

Do you think I should call the doc back or just try to ride it out? I don't like to take Xanax because I want to be able to manage my moods but I'm so tired today and I'm worried about tonight. :sleep_1: At least my husband will be home. He has been gone all week!

Hi and Welcome Want2Chill

I would say try and ride it out. It can be a bit of a roller coaster while starting up and increasing the dose. If you still feel like this in a few weeks, then go back to your doctor.

Trace

Hi and Welcome Want2Chill

I would say try and ride it out. It can be a bit of a roller coaster while starting up and increasing the dose. If you still feel like this in a few weeks, then go back to your doctor.

Trace

Hello, thanks for your response. I'm doing a lot better than I was a few days ago. I'm at Day 13 now and tomorrow I will double the dosage to 150 mg. I'm hoping that settles me down a bit because I'm having the same ups and downs but minus the crazy panic attacks. I'll be updating in a few weeks I hope when I'm all settled on the right dose.

Hi, I'm new here, 46, female, and have been depressed as long as I can remember. I'm highly functional but do not enjoy things as others do. I tried Celexa, Prozac, and Pristiq after going through a divorce in the summer of 2009, and these meds were disasters for me. They made me feel more depersonalized, unreal and more blah than I already do. Plus they shriveled my sex drive, and that is the one thing I do enjoy! Now my doc has put me on 75 mg WB, which is OK so far. At least I feel more like me on it than the SSRIs. I'm supposed to double the dose in a few days. It's a bit stimulating, but that's good for my blahness in the morning. Anyhow, I hope this works. I just want to be totally in my body and present for the great life I have that feels like a movie I'm watching, if that makes any sense. Thanks for listening.

Hi, I'm new here, 46, female, and have been depressed as long as I can remember. I'm highly functional but do not enjoy things as others do. I tried Celexa, Prozac, and Pristiq after going through a divorce in the summer of 2009, and these meds were disasters for me. They made me feel more depersonalized, unreal and more blah than I already do. Plus they shriveled my sex drive, and that is the one thing I do enjoy! Now my doc has put me on 75 mg WB, which is OK so far. At least I feel more like me on it than the SSRIs. I'm supposed to double the dose in a few days. It's a bit stimulating, but that's good for my blahness in the morning. Anyhow, I hope this works. I just want to be totally in my body and present for the great life I have that feels like a movie I'm watching, if that makes any sense. Thanks for listening.

Hi and Welcome cjs

I am sorry that you went through a divorce, that is not easy. I really hope that the Wellbutrin works for you. Good luck and please make yourself feel at home.

Trace

Hi All,

I too am a newbie, on my 13th day of Bupropion, which today I began 150 mg twice a day, so wish me luck.

I am tired of this disease sucking the life out of me. Five years ago I tried to take my life a lot of hardships and every one of my dreams broken, but most importantly my Mum had passed away, so it was all too much for me. I am in a better place now, will never do something like that again. I just have complicated grief, still... Getting therapy, and now trying Bupropion. I stopped Citalopram cold turkey and boy did I pay for that BIG time. I hope this AD works, so that I can have peace of mind, and happiness.

Blessings to All, and Hi Trace :)

Miss Aussie

Hi All,

I too am a newbie, on my 13th day of Bupropion, which today I began 150 mg twice a day, so wish me luck.

I am tired of this disease sucking the life out of me. Five years ago I tried to take my life a lot of hardships and every one of my dreams broken, but most importantly my Mum had passed away, so it was all too much for me. I am in a better place now, will never do something like that again. I just have complicated grief, still... Getting therapy, and now trying Bupropion. I stopped Citalopram cold turkey and boy did I pay for that BIG time. I hope this AD works, so that I can have peace of mind, and happiness.

Blessings to All, and Hi Trace :)

Miss Aussie

Hi and Welcome Miss Aussie

Thanks so much for the Hi :)

I am so glad that you survived your attempt and I really wish you luck on the Bupropion. I hope it works for you!

Trace

im new 2 wellbutrin.

just started yesterday 100mg(GENERIC)

so far the only side effect im feeling is woozy/drunk and a little tired.

it hasnt taken my appetite away like lexapro did(THAT WAS ONE OF THE GOOD SIDE EFEECTS OF LEX) but i guess im feeling ok.

been depressed on and off since i was about 10 or 11.

major since my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last year.

the cancer is completely gone but i think im still traumatized by it.

so anyway,goodluck 2 all trying this.

i know its hard trying 2 get your life together but hopefully we can do it :hugs:

im new 2 wellbutrin.

just started yesterday 100mg(GENERIC)

so far the only side effect im feeling is woozy/drunk and a little tired.

it hasnt taken my appetite away like lexapro did(THAT WAS ONE OF THE GOOD SIDE EFEECTS OF LEX) but i guess im feeling ok.

been depressed on and off since i was about 10 or 11.

major since my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last year.

the cancer is completely gone but i think im still traumatized by it.

so anyway,goodluck 2 all trying this.

i know its hard trying 2 get your life together but hopefully we can do it :hugs:

Hi and Welcome Tohisha77

I am sorry to hear that your Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, but it is really good to see that it has gone. I am also glad to see that you are not experiencing too many side effects. Good luck on it.

Trace