Donate Now Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
whatdaplease

Is It Possible To Have Anxiety Without The Physical Symptoms?

I don't know if I suffer from anxiety, but I match some of the criteria but I don't get a fast heart beat or short breathing.

I don't really get any kind of physical reaction but I just have extreme worries and fears. It's like I have anxiety without the physical symptoms. Could this just be OCD? or is there anyone else who has anxiety without any physical symptoms, or have any of you heard of that?

(((whatdaplease)))

I think it's probably possible to have anxiety without the physical symptoms. Everyone has a little bit fo a different reaction to MI so it very well could be that you're suffering from anxiety. I'm entirely sure though, so perhaps some one with more knowledge can chime in. I myself just remember that my anxiety started with the racing thoughts and then progressed to the physical symptoms over time.

I don't know if I suffer from anxiety, but I match some of the criteria but I don't get a fast heart beat or short breathing.

I don't really get any kind of physical reaction but I just have extreme worries and fears. It's like I have anxiety without the physical symptoms. Could this just be OCD? or is there anyone else who has anxiety without any physical symptoms, or have any of you heard of that?

My anxiety started with constantly worrying about things in my teens. I didn't have any physical symptoms then. The physical symptoms of anxiety didn't start until my adult life. The symptoms I get is tightening in the chest, shortness of breath, tenseness, and butterflies in my tummy.

That's how my anxiety is "normally." I think it's partly OCD. There's some stuff on the OCD section of this site about it.

I am not sure. I think it is possible to feel anxious without the effects you specifically mention. When I was younger, I wouldn't get the physical symptoms when I was anxious. I'd just be constantly nervous and on edge. Then, when I got older, I started shaking. My teeth chattered sometimes, too. Still later, I started having shortness of breath during moments of extreme anxiety. Sometimes I feel as if my mind is paralyzed, too. Like Neatoboy, I think that anxiety problems can develop gradually and get worse over time. If you feel as if you have a serious problem, it's definitely better to address it sooner rather than later.

From what i've read it sounds like Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) You can have the worries but no body symptoms. But I would get professional advice to really know what you have.

:shocked: Myself

Yes it is very possible to have anxiety without physical symptoms. I was suffering from it without the physical symptoms for years but at some point the body just have its limits and the physical symptom is imo a message he is sending you saying 'hey, i have enough'.

It is great you dont have physical symptoms and I wouldnt want you to get there. There is many tools you can use to help your body relax. Breathing exercise, relaxation. Also CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). Those can help you alot to manage your anxiety.

:wwww:

Joyce

A lot of the physical symptoms start from hypersensitive muscles.

I've given up coffee recently and tried one again yesterday... nerves were sent crazy. Pay attention to the times of day you feel physical symptoms and when you don't.

ive been fighting anxiety and social phob since i was 17- im 29 now- and for the most part though i had itunder control without meds. But as each year goes by it got worse and worse- this year has been the worse- I found out ive been walking around with critically high blood pressure due to anxiety attacks i didnt even realize i was having. So tonight I went to the ER with extremely high blood pressure and after a couple adavans I felt at peace that i havnt felt in years- so now I realize how many years I have suffered and didnt even realize it- the adavans was like muting 1000 negative thoughts that are always in my head- tomorrow I go to get on meds and hope I can live a normal life now-

but if u question having anxiety please talk to a doc- dont wait ten years like i did.