My First Zoloft Experience (Documented)

Guest casesensative

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest casesensative

Day 9/Day 10 (March22 6:30pm)

- Yesterday was another good day, felt pretty good all day.

- Today was decent, i went outside for a while and was trying to get some sun, but i started getting a headache and was doing alot of jaw grinding, i went inside and started doing some work and forgot about it, then at around 6 i was at someones house and started to feel really tired all the sudden and i started feeling really anxious and out of it. So i left to go home and if my house wasnt so close i dunno if i wouldve made it. I felt like i was in a panic state, but i couldnt fight back like usual, i felt really weak against it like i couldnt control it like usual and i felt really sleepy. Im home now though and im just going to stay in for the rest of the night.

Guest casesensative

DAY 11 (9:43pm)

-25MG 11am

-Today kind of sucked, ive been feeling down all day, ive been missing my girlfriend today because i am away right now and shes back home doing a bunch of stuff this weekend. It reminds me of how i cant do s*** with her because of this stuff and just made me s***ty all day. I did do some driving today with minimal anxiety and driving and anxiety has been a big thing with me as of late. Also the girlfriend thing is probably a result of the disturbing dream i had last night. I had a dream that my girlfriend changed into this totally different person, this type of person that i absolutely despise and she broke up with me and...it was a horrible dream. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Was thinking about possibly upping it to 50 depending on how i feel by next weekend, but thats a while away so i wont worry about it for now.

Guest casesensative

Day 12/13 (4:27pm March 25)

- 25MG at 11am.

- Well ive felt pretty crappy the past two days.

- Having some pretty painful abdominal cramps tonight, i had some before the first few days when i began.

Edited by casesensative

{{{{{CS}}}}}

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your girlfriend right now. Keep in mind that even non-depressed folks do get sad and upset sometimes, when life situations suck!

Believe me, I know how difficult it is to wait for the AD to fully kick in, but you have not even been on it for 2 weeks yet. You've already started to notice some improvements; try to be patient with the med. I think you will find it works really well for you, though it may take being on the higher dose and waiting another month for that...sounds like forever while you are so depressed, but you can do it! You will look back and be glad you waited it out.

Zoloft does have intestinal upset as a side effect for some folks. I think you may be making a good choice to wait just a bit longer to increase your dosage, since you are still having problems. I've probably said this before, but it seems like often the side effects tend to go away about the same time the med becomes fully effective. I think it just takes some time for the body to adjust in every way to the new med.

Wow! That bus trip sounds terrible! I hope that if you decide to go, the trip goes quickly and you have a good time. :)

Karen

Guest casesensative

(March 28)

-As for the zoloft, its taken away my anxiety almost completely.

Edited by casesensative

Oh, no!!!! I am so sorry, casesensitive!!! You have plenty of reason to be hurting right now.

As far as why you might have dreamed what ended up happening...who knows? Perhaps somewhere sub-consciously you suspected this might be coming up. And we all know how zoloft can sometimes really bring on the vivid dreams.

Anyway, the dreams don't matter. I am very glad to hear that your anxiety is better, even during this awful time. Hooray! Of course you are sad right now; that is only normal. But it does sound like zoloft is beginning to help you out. It is a very good thing you are on it already, to help you get through this time.

Geesh! Besides losing your love, you now have no where to live. That really stinks! I hope you can find work and a home really quickly. Meanwhile, maybe you will find something positive - hopefully your parents can be understanding and supportive. Are there some friends you can spend time with while you get adjusted to this? Probably you don't want to spend too much time alone right now.

Again, I'm really sorry you have to go through this right now. Keep sharing!

Karen

Hey man keep reporting if not for your sake then for ours. I am thinking about trying zoloft, and I would love to hear how it turns out.

As for your girlfriend, dont worry about it. There are millions og women in this world, thousands of which want to be with you - they just dont know it yet :) Go out and find a new one.

Guest casesensative

(April 1, 2006) 8:10pm

-Still on 25mg

-Still having some slight side effects from time to time, still having a little anxiety from time to time, but d***. I CAN DO STUFF NOW. I CAN GO PLACES. I CAN HAVE FUN. Its great. The girl thing.....im already over it. Ive done alot of learning and accepting lately. Everything happens for a reason and you cant control other people. I dont know what day im on.....looks to be DAY 20 now i believe? so im not even on the third week? How kick *** is that? All i know is im havin fun, im able to do things even if i do still have some mild anxiety sometimes, and life is good.

Edited by casesensative

Guest casesensative

Oh and something else, im cutting these 50s in half right, well i dont know if its just me but when i cut the 50s in half along the line in the middle of the pill one side is slightly larger than the other one, when you cut it right down the middle on that line it looks like one side is about 20mg and the other side is 30mg, not a 25/25 split and that bothers me. Someone tell me im crazy or that it doesnt matter.

My thinking is that it doesn't matter. :)

WONDERFUL, wonderful news that you are feeling so good. Yes, you will probably continue to feel even better. But it is great that already you are noticing such improvement. Congratulations!

Karen

It's wonderful you're feeling better casesensitive!!

I've read through this thread and I also started Zoloft recently. This is my tenth or eleventh day and I think some small effects are appearing. Todays lecture wasn't the abyssal dive it usually is - it actually took me a while to figure out what was different! My anxiety was almost completely gone - I could toy with thoughts that used to provoce my anxiety before. Unfortunately I still feel very depressed generally - but hey! it's a start anyways. Oh btw, I'm on 50mg a day and except for the first few days the only SE's are some nausea and inorgasmia :shocked: Oh, my sleep pattern is also royally distorted, but that doesn't bother me much. :hearts:

To all of you who have taken Zoloft (or ADs for that matter), will they typically lighten your mood, make you happier s.t.s.? My only previous experiences (with Lexapro), didn't provice anything of that kind. Might have been a dosage question, but SE's hindered me from raising it.

Hopefully everything will continue to get better for you Casesensitive! Many hugs and good luck! :bump:

havrige,

Yes, generally (at least for me and most folks I've heard from) ADs will help your mood as well as your anxiety. It is great that you are already noticing good effects; be patient, I suspect this time this AD will work for you.

Let us know how you are doing.

Karen

Karen,

I do want to think this AD will work for me. On the 2 week mark my dose was upped to 75mg from 50mg. Though not 100% sure I believe that's why my anxiety has increased these last days. It's not really the kind of anxiety I'm used to, that's more bound to certain situations. This is more like a low-intense but constant anxiety. I don't like it :hearts:

To me it's important to occupy myself when I feel anxious - so far I've usually just cared for my flowers but maybe I should get a pet :love: to fill up some time. What's worrying me most though is that the zoloft will decrease my energy, drive, motivation or whatever it's called - that I'll feel more comfortable living my isolated life instead of engaging with people. Strangely enough I'm also having a lot of though about religion - haha, maybe now's a good time to find God?

I'd like to contribute more to this forum but since I don't have so much experience yet I'll just report in on my progress so far. Sorry for hijacking your thread for this post casesensitive. I do hope you continue to feel better!

havrige

Sure, havrige, keep reporting. I am wondering what's up with casesensitive, too. But I'm sure anyone who wants to talk about their initial zoloft experience is welcome here. :)

Everyone is so very different. It seems like your anxiety is related to increasing the zoloft. I know I and many other folks have had some vivid, unusual and at times almost agitated dreams when starting zoloft. Maybe you are having similar effects while awake.

If that is what is the cause of your unusual anxiety, I suspect that it will subside as your body adjusts to the new dosage. Of course, if it becomes a serious problem, talk to your doctor. But I am thinking that you will notice the negative effects begin to go away about the same time the med becomes most effective, probably a month or two after you've hit the best dosage for you.

I really like that you are looking for ways to help yourself through the anxious times. Gardening or spending time with pets are great ideas. Keep up the great work, and try to be patient. I hope that soon you find relief from the depression.

Karen

Guest casesensative

DAY 29 (April 10 - 1:29pm)

-Still on 25mg

- Im about the same as i have been for the past days, the zoloft has reduced the anxiety QUITE a bit, the other day i went into subway and had a conversation with all the workers there. I used to not even be able to go into subway. I still do have some anxiety and a little depression, i felt some depression the other day when i was outside working on my car speakers at night. This group of kids came by in the apt. next to me to pick their friends up and they were all just laughing and having a good time and cutting up with each other, then i felt bad because i felt like maybe i should be like that, even though im not, but ive always been one to keep more to myself. Dunno.

But so far, its done alot. I guess that makes it week 4 now? So maybe i should give 25mg some more time to see its full effect and then decide after maybe 6-8 weeks wether i wanna try 50 or not.

- I really do think the different sizes on the sides of the pill matter, because when i switch off, the small side then the large side, it seems like i get a little brain fog for the day. Gonna go to my doc and see if hell just right me up a prescription for 25mg so i get the same amount every time.

Edited by casesensative

Sounds good, casesensitive. Apparently the med is working for you, now you just need to get the dose right. And you are working on that; you'll get it perfect soon.

It is great that you've started to be able to do some things that you couldn't before. Don't get discouraged when you don't ALWAYS feel better. You are still adapting to the med and it will improve. Try to be positive about the good changes you are already seeing. That should give you hope.

Great news; thanks for sharing!

Karen (ados, currently on as admin)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

3-4 weeks still going strong with the zoloft. Upped the dose once more, this time to 100mg. No increased side effects noticed :hearts: . It also seems like the nightly anxiety has vanished almost completely. Yay for Zoloft!! For the first time in a few weeks I was walking around the city (and feeling comfortable as well!). I can't say my mood is elevated "enough" but I'm feeling better by the day.

One thing I believe many of us lack is a sense of proportion - to view our own situations in relation to others and ourselves better. I guess I'm experiencing what some people may call the apathy of SSRI's. On the other hand some might say it enables them to cope with issues better. Maybe most medications are a two-edged sword. As far as I'm concerned though - this is just what I need. Even though I'm more tired than I'm used to be I still work more efficient and get my homework done in time :love: I'm actually starting to enjoy this education. That though makes me happy! I haven't felt this way in a long long time. This was the right decision.

Casesensitive and everyone else who's just started Zoloft I do hope you continue to take your meds. It takes a while, but it really works (or so it seems). Good luck everyone! Hopefully I can wean (sp?) off after 6 months or so. I can't wait to see the improvement in another few months time. Go go!!

On another note I have a question regarding SE's. One of the stickied threads mentions rashes, itching etc as signs of an allergic reaction. While I haven't experienced any rahes (that I can see at least), these last 2 days I've been having some really annoying itches on more or less my whole body. It seems strange to me that it should be an allergic reactino considering I've taken Zoloft for almost 4 weeks now. I feel fine otherwise. I really dont' want to make an *** out of myself and disturb the guys at the ER (even with a phonecall!) so I'm curious what you guys think of this.

Havrige

Wonderful, havrige, that you are already feeling so much better. You will probably continue to have even more improvement over the next 3 or 4 weeks. Hooray!

Itching - I didn't experience that from any of the ADs I've been on. Everyone is different, of course, but I would think that you are right. Usually, if you are going to have an allergic reaction, it would be soon after you start the med. That isn't always the case, though. Is there anything else new in your life that you might be allergic to? New laundry detergent? Pet?

If you continue to have a problem with the itching, I'd say call your doctor's office. It wouldn't hurt to let them know, just in case.

Guest casesensative

(April 23rd 7:45pm)

-Still taking 25mg daily.

-Guess that makes it week 6 now, and i still have a little anxiety sometimes, but its manageable now. The other night me and a group of 6 friends went to citywalk downtown to see Silent Hill at the 12am showing. I was freakin out a little when we first got there, its a big place with lots of people, but when we finally started getting toward the theatre i started calming down, and when we got into the theatre i was relaxed and just havin fun talkin with friends, then the movie started, and usually when im watching a movie i cant even pay attention because of my anxiety and the constant talking to myself in my head, but this time i was able to really pay attention and get into the movie and just watch it without my mind distracting me, it was great, and it really was a great movie! Before, i wouldnt even go to horror movies anymore because i had this fear that if i watched to many of them they would infect my brain and i would go out and **** someone or something, but thats absolutely ********. When we got out of the theatre it was a good walk back to the car, we all talked about the movie, and im really glad i went, i had a really good time all in all.

But like i said, i still have some anxiety, but atleast now its manageable, and thats fine with me.

• 5 months later...
Guest casesensative

I just wanted to update this thing and say im still on 25mg of zoloft at about 7 months now and have seen about a 90% improvement.

I still get nervous sometimes in large crowds and wouldnt even try going to theme parks or anything, but other than that, i do whatever the f*** i want. My new fix is bouldering (rock climbing) at the rock gym. I have a ton more confidence, i work out all the time, and i hate having to sit inside all day!

hope everyones doing well!

bye!

Edited by casesensative