Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

Thank you guys.

Right now I am livid!!! Not at you guys.

There is an app where you can posts secrets anonymously. So I posted one with a picture of Sonny saying I liked him. All under an anonymous name of course. Someone replied "LMAO I hope you're joking. Thanks for the laugh." Basically calling Sonny ugly. I don't want to be ashamed about who I like. I wish I could scream to the world who I like and not care. But it is comments like that that make me embarrassed to like who I do. That's why I never post his real name here.

I am SO ashamed that I like Sonny now. :(

Maybe I should give him up.

But..... I love him.

Edited by Lady_Kay_Archer

Thank you guys.

There is an app where you can posts secrets anonymously. So I posted one with a picture of Sonny saying I liked him. All under an anonymous name of course. Someone replied "LMAO I hope you're joking. Thanks for the laugh." Basically calling Sonny ugly. I don't want to be ashamed about who I like. I wish I could scream to the world who I like and not care. But it is comments like that that make me embarrassed to like who I do. That's why I never post his real name here.

I am ashamed that I like Sonny now. :(

Oh, please....don't let some morons on the Internet do that to you.

I don't know if you read it, but I had a similar experience while watching a YouTube video of my CO's group Sunday night. Someone made a nasty comment specifically about "the lead singer" who happens to be my sweetie in the video in question. The thing that ****** me off about it the most was that I couldn't reply to him because my YouTube account is in a name that too many people who know me would recognize (and I didn't think the moron was worth creating a new account over).

That didn't make me ashamed of my CO at all...it just made me realize how stupid some people can be on the Internet.

Edited by Audrey822

People say some horrible things about my co but I'm not ashamed one bit. I just consider them deprived ;) Don't let idiots affect your co like that. Hey--look at it this way, less people, less completion. Hehe

Edited by Kunst

Thank you guys.

But..... I love him.

People say stupid things about my COs too, but I just ignore them. Yes, sometimes I get mad, but stupid comments don't change the the way I feel. Gosh, there are always going to be people who hate your CO, but as long as he makes you happy, what difference do their comments make? Also, be glad that not *everyone* likes Sonny - that leaves more room for fans like you who appreciate him. :D

Edited by Seeker2

I know the topic of this forum is UNHEALTHY obsession with a celebrity and I know that what I feel about my CO may seem unhealthy to some ( not you guys but other people) but honestly my COs have been a literal lifesaver on several occasions. I've not wanted to k*ll myself at times because I told myself I would never get to see my CO ever again. And whilst I have my moments of unhappiness in regards to finding out stuff I don't want to know or seeing pictures of stuff that I don't want to see, I am pretty happy with my CO. I don't often cry over my CO, I don't let any negativity get in the way of my fantasy most of the times. I was very happy to finally find others who shared the same problem as me. However, I feel out of place here. I know I keep repeating myself and I don't mean to but I can't help gushing over Sonny and all. There are people here that are suffering or their COs are making themselves miserable. I don't mean to rub my happiness with my CO in all your faces. Whilst I can relate to you guys on many levels, there are times I feel off level with you guys.

:(

Yeah, Lady Kay, I sometimes feel I don't fit here either because often people come here trying to cope and deal with stuff that they are upset about, (which is great in its own way, so I'm not saying they shouldn't). However, I often feel happy about my CO, so I feel a bit out of place, like you, (although I'm not happy about him all the time). Still, I can relate to what you're expressing here. But this forum isn't just for a certain type of person or CO. It's for anyone with a CO, so it can be good or bad, depending on the individual situation. Think of this as a place to come and share the joys and the sorrows of COs, where you can cry on someone's shoulder, OR get a cheer from people who are happy for you when things are going well. It's just a place where you can get the kind of understanding that you might not get in the *normal* world out there. Also, feel free to "gush" over Sonny if you want to, lol! I'm afraid I gush over Bright Eyes, (the nickname for my current CO), so I don't want to be the main "gusher" around here. It makes me feel less silly if I hear other people "gushing" over their COs too, so keep it up. It makes me feel better, ha, ha! :D

Edited by Seeker2

I actually *got* your explanation the first time, but thanks for going into more detail. I understand perfectly how it happened.

Sorry for being repetitive...I tend to do that a lot. 1sm037blush.gif

Not a problem. I just wanted you to know that I did understand what you said and you write clear. :)

Oh, believe me, I welcome any excuse to gush over my CO....I just don't want to bore all of you because, how many times can I say that I could drown in his beautiful eyes? I could melt at the sound of his voice? And don't even get me started about what staring at his face can do to me!! *swoon* Oh well...I guess I just said all that again. I can't believe I thought this would be over when I saw all that stuff about 4 weeks ago. LOL :coophaha: Considering how bad I have it for him right now, that's almost funny.

Thank you guys.

But..... I love him.

There will always be "haters". Let them hate. It will eat them alive from the inside out. The thing is, YOU love Sonny. Who cares what anyone else thinks? My CO gets TONS of hate, and ridiculous rumors spread about her. I don't give a flying you-know-what. Because I know the truth. And what matters is what WE think of our CO. Don't let anyone take Sonny away from you. Don't let them "shame" you out of it because of their $hitty opinion. Never be ashamed of who you love.

Okay, speaking of gushing....I feel so amazingly high when I hear her voice, when I glance at her eyes, when I read about her thoughts on something.... oh my gosh. When she posts something online my heart races (for real), when her name comes up I am ALL EARS. If there is a picture of her I hadn't seen yet (like on a magazine), I instantly try to find a copy of it or track it down asap.

I really just wanna sit down with her and chat about life. Ohh...it would be simply perfect to dance with her.

Oh, she has nice feet. I'm smitten by them. OH MY WORD I LOVE HOW SHE USES HER HANDS SOMETIMES WHEN SHE'S TALKING! ITS SO ADORABLE AND CUTE AND SEXY AND FUN TO WATCH! I love how she talks! She messes with her hair when she's nervous and it's such a lovely quirk!

*Dreamy sigh................

So I mentioned before that My Sweetie (and I think I’ve decided that will be my pet name for my CO :hearts: ) had taken a hiatus from the 60s band he was in…I think he left sometime in the late 1980s and came back sometime between mid-90s and last year (not sure about the time line on that).

Anyway, while he was away from the group he had gotten involved in other musical projects…and apparently one of those projects put a CD together. It is designated as "rare" (but not expensive) and I found it for sale tonight on Amazon.com. (Amazon is a very safe place to search for pictures, but there usually isn’t much to be found.) Well, of course I bought it. :Coopyahoo:

This is exciting!

Judging from people's posts here, I would say that we are all (more or less) just as "bad" about gushing over our COs, so I think we're all free to gush here. :D That's good because I know I will gush over Bright Eyes, although I will refrain from doing so this time because I already did not too long ago, so I'll save it for a bit later, lol! :)

Judging from people's posts here, I would say that we are all (more or less) just as "bad" about gushing over our COs, so I think we're all free to gush here. :D That's good because I know I will gush over Bright Eyes, although I will refrain from doing so this time because I already did not too long ago, so I'll save it for a bit later, lol! :)

Ha! I think you're onto something...yeah, we've all got it pretty bad LOL

I'll give y'all a break too...I should wait at least another hour or so before gushing over My Sweetie again. But I think I'll go to sleep instead and try to dream about him...I'll gush some more tomorrow. :Coopwink:

Gushing... I do everyday, even if I scroll past a photo I've seen plenty of times, it still makes my heart flutter. I often get chills, even from the mere thought of her. My obsession is mostly happy.

Sometimes I get upset with her. There are times I question some of the things she may do or say, but overall, I'm happy with who she is and my perception of her. It wasn't even until recently that I started becoming jealous of her boyfriend. I used to fantasize about engaging in a three sum with them both--him only being a friend of ours, however. Now the thought makes me cringe. I can still tolerate him and seeing pictures of him doesn't bother me. Seeing him with her or either of them talking about each other hurts.

The only other times I get upset with her is how she plays the favorite card. Other frustrations are not directly towards her, but towards the fanbase.

She makes me happy beyond words and I love her every second of the day. My mind and body only allow me to be upset or mad at her very temporarily... Max is maybe 2-3 hours and I'm over it and fully swept away by her.

I feel really weird this morning. Last night, after my last post, I was lying in bed watching several YouTube videos of my Sweetie. The room was dark, I had my iPad mini right up in my face with the earbuds on, listening...and about 45 minutes later, I went to sleep feeling really good. (In case anyone wonders, husband was knocked out cold asleep during all of this....completely unaware).

Now, for some reason this morning I can't shake the feeling that something awful is about to happen. I don't even know for sure if my feeling has anything to do with him or something else. This is, of course, based on nothing....there is no reason to assume anything bad will happen, but I wish this feeling would go away.

Please keep fingers crossed, OK? It's probably nothing.

So that mean response to my post got deleted. I am glad it did. I guess I am too sensitive about everything. It really hurts when someone says bad things about Ssnny. Part of the reason it really gets to me is because it seems like everything I like or do gets ridiculed. The kind of music I like gets ridiculed, how I act (my personality) gets ridiculed, who I like gets ridiculed. It makes me feel like it is me. Yesterday I actually did cry whilst holding Sonny's picture. I wish I was normal. I wish I didn't have to resort to having a CO. But I have been this way since I was like 5 and I am probably not going to ever change. Other people have drugs. I have Sonny. Whilst in the thrift store yesterday, I heard Born This Way, Lady Gaga's version and I realised that yes I was born this way to have a CO. It's just who I am and instead of shaming it, I should embrace it. I am just tired of people making fun of me over the things I like.

I actually ran into my ex boyfriend at the store and I made sure to have my phone out that had a picture of Sonny on it and made sure he saw it. :)

Edited by Lady_Kay_Archer

I keep wondering how one could hide their infatuation for so long that no one knows, especially those who are around often?

I really don't think I could ever keep my mouth shut long enough not to mention my precious for even 30 minutes long. She's constantly on my mind and I just have to say something, even if it's something silly. I just cannot keep it bottled inside. I never could, with ANY of my obsessions. Luckily I'm not nearly as annoying as I was when I was little/younger, but I still cannot just pretend nothing is going on.

My girlfriend is fully aware and it's pretty bad. Actually, we're in a bad position right now and I'm not even certain what is holding us together. Sometimes I wonder. I worry sometimes but most times I'm so far gone in my obsession with Gaga that I barely think about it enough to care most days.

Is anyone in a relationship? If so, do they know? If you're not in a relationship, is it due to your obsessions?

And last thing...

There really isn't much resource for our infatuation/obsession and no websites or support groups really, and I was thinking about starting one. Would anyone be interested in something like that or is this thread good enough?

So that mean response to my post got deleted. I am glad it did. I guess I am too sensitive about everything. It really hurts when someone says bad things about Ssnny. Part of the reason it really gets to me is because it seems like everything I like or do gets ridiculed. The kind of music I like gets ridiculed, how I act (my personality) gets ridiculed, who I like gets ridiculed. It makes me feel like it is me. Yesterday I actually did cry whilst holding Sonny's picture. I wish I was normal. I wish I didn't have to resort to having a CO. But I have been this way since I was like 5 and I am probably not going to ever change. Other people have drugs. I have Sonny. Whilst in the thrift store yesterday, I heard Born This Way, Lady Gaga's version and I realised that yes I was born this way to have a CO. It's just who I am and instead of shaming it, I should embrace it. I am just tired of people making fun of me over the things I like.

I actually ran into my ex boyfriend at the store and I made sure to have my phone out that had a picture of Sonny on it and made sure he saw it. :)

I am going to take a moment.............. just to process this post as I squeal hard and then act like nothing is even wrong.

Okay phew. Okay.

I know exactly how you're feeling, BTW. I always hold a book of my precious (which I sleep with every night) and press my smile, kiss, tears, face, skin across it. And hold it and sleep with it <3 And I have photos of her all over my phone and I do the same to those. I'm a freak who makes out with her phone/book/computer--anything with her face on it and hold it and treat it as though it is her. <3 Sigh.

I am going to take a moment.............. just to process this post as I squeal hard and then act like nothing is even wrong.

Okay phew. Okay.

I know exactly how you're feeling, BTW. I always hold a book of my precious (which I sleep with every night) and press my smile, kiss, tears, face, skin across it. And hold it and sleep with it <3 And I have photos of her all over my phone and I do the same to those. I'm a freak who makes out with her phone/book/computer--anything with her face on it and hold it and treat it as though it is her. <3 Sigh.

I sleep with my Sonny every night. I kiss him, hug him, imagine I'm stroking his hair, just get lost in his eyes. I watch Netflix and TV with him, listen to music with him.

I actually cannot sleep without him. If I go anywhere, he goes with me, even if I have to hide him in my pillow. Because I know I will probably wake up in the middle of the night and look at him whilst everyone else is asleep.

Okay phew. Okay.

I sleep with my Sonny every night. I kiss him, hug him, imagine I'm stroking his hair, just get lost in his eyes. I watch Netflix and TV with him, listen to music with him.

I actually cannot sleep without him. If I go anywhere, he goes with me, even if I have to hide him in my pillow. Because I know I will probably wake up in the middle of the night and look at him whilst everyone else is asleep.

This is exactly how I am. My gf gets upset because I sleep with the book every night, and we live together, but I literally just cannot sleep without her. My precious makes me so happy and comfortable, and I need that when I sleep. I know, shouldn't my gf make me feel that way? :/ My obsession definitely trumps ALL.

Mean people suck, that's all there is to it. I'm glad the nasty post got removed, but that won't change the fact that nasty people are waiting to strike at any time. IGNORE THEM.

You say you wish you were normal. What is normal? Everyone has something that's different. Trust me. You ARE as normal as anyone else on this planet. You just have to believe in yourself more. YOU like the things you like, you don't have to answer to anyone else for what you like. Who cares if no one else likes it? I get ridiculed by my grown sons all the time for listening to 1960s music. I don't care! And you shouldn't care what others think either.

BTW, Born This Way is my favorite Lady Gaga song. Maybe it speaks to people like us.

Edited by Audrey822

I keep wondering how one could hide their infatuation for so long that no one knows, especially those who are around often?

I really don't think I could ever keep my mouth shut long enough not to mention my precious for even 30 minutes long. She's constantly on my mind and I just have to say something, even if it's something silly. I just cannot keep it bottled inside. I never could, with ANY of my obsessions. Luckily I'm not nearly as annoying as I was when I was little/younger, but I still cannot just pretend nothing is going on.

My girlfriend is fully aware and it's pretty bad. Actually, we're in a bad position right now and I'm not even certain what is holding us together. Sometimes I wonder. I worry sometimes but most times I'm so far gone in my obsession with Gaga that I barely think about it enough to care most days.

Is anyone in a relationship? If so, do they know? If you're not in a relationship, is it due to your obsessions?

And last thing...

There really isn't much resource for our infatuation/obsession and no websites or support groups really, and I was thinking about starting one. Would anyone be interested in something like that or is this thread good enough?

I'm married. My husband knows I'm crazy about my Sweetie's music (well, he knows I'm crazy about the band's music) but he definitely does not know how deep it goes....or, if he does, he hasn't indicated that he knows anything. Even if he knew, he'd probably just laugh and tease me about it mercilessly. I'm serious. I know he wouldn't feel threatened at all. I don't know if that's good or bad.

And last thing...

I'm married. My husband knows I'm crazy about my Sweetie's music (well, he knows I'm crazy about the band's music) but he definitely does not know how deep it goes....or, if he does, he hasn't indicated that he knows anything. Even if he knew, he'd probably just laugh and tease me about it mercilessly. I'm serious. I know he wouldn't feel threatened at all. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Yeah, mine is threatened and I mentioned before that if I was on the other end of things (because I know how bad it gets), I'd feel threatened to. The relationship wouldn't last, and I really don't know how my gf deals with it. :/ I feel so selfish.

I have some pics of my Sweetie on my iPod....I sneak peeks at him while listening to his music all the time. Yes, I do that when I'm going to sleep at night too (same situation...husband seemingly unaware, out cold sleeping). I go off to sleep reliving my dream of Sweetie and my AE as a young couple...my favorite time frame is anytime between when they first meet and the first few years of their marriage. That's what I seem to always focus on, and it always makes me feel really nice.

Yeah, mine is threatened and I mentioned before that if I was on the other end of things (because I know how bad it gets), I'd feel threatened to. The relationship wouldn't last, and I really don't know how my gf deals with it. :/ I feel so selfish.

Well, I won't lie....I do feel as though I'm living a double life, and I feel a little guilty about that at times. But it works both ways in my situation; I know my hubby drools over certain actresses (even though he may not be carrying around pics of them...but then, I don't really know if he is or isn't b/c I haven't checked). Maybe it's because we've been married so long, but I wouldn't feel threatened if he is....I'd probably have the same reaction that I suspect he would have: I'd probably laugh and tease him mercilessly too!!

Edited by Audrey822