Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

14 hours ago, Helpme26 said:

I think it sounds like a good idea with writing stories ect. I hope everything works out for you :) 

I'm just gonna ask you guys again, because I'm not sure if anyone saw my old messages (and now when @imalittleteapot knows who my CO is.... well. I'll give it a go) have any of you ever sent a letter to your CO, sort of proclaiming you like them or would wish to meet them? 

I'm still stuck in this 'Idk what to do now, but I wish I could be with my CO'- kind of phase. And I want to send a letter... but I don't want him to think I'm complete bonkers lol!

I have written to my CO, and in my case it really worked out well. I wrote her a poem when she was going through a difficult time, and she wrote back and thanked me. From then I started writing to her for every birthday and Christmas with cards, poems, presents - and she almost always wrote back! And when I met her, she knew who I was already because of having had that contact!

But I have to say that in all the things I wrote, I deliberately didn't talk about my real feelings, thinking it would put her off from writing back. I talked about her, and limited it to saying that I admired her and was inspired by her, and specific appreciation of what she's done. So now I'm lucky to have a kind of contact with her, but it's on a star-fan level, and I really value that, but anything more is, in my case, limited to fantasy.

I'm not going to tell you that you don't have a chance to have something meaningful with your CO, but if write first of all in a less intimate way, you won't scare him off, you could establish contact, and then the future is still open. You mentioned maybe sending a piece of your art - that could be an amazing way to establish a human connection. He probably gets a lot of fan mail, but art is something meaningful and special, and could be a way of reaching out.

It's your call to decide, but I wouldn't totally rule out writing, only I'd say keep a lid on the full expression of your feelings, at least to start with! And to mentally prepare yourself for if nothing much happens from it, because you don't want to build yourself up and be disappointed. And if that would be too much to handle, then I think it's best not to write. 

@SeSa Wow, that’s amazing. I’m so happy that you’ve had such a cool experience with your CO...you’ve gotten multiple responses from her! That’s very rare!

That’s why I want to caution @Helpme26 about this...not to discourage her from writing, but just because it is so rare. If her CO gets a lot of fan mail, or if he’s very famous, she may not be as lucky as you were. She’ll never know if she doesn’t try, but I would say anyone who plans to write has to accept that there’s a better chance they won’t get a response. If that’s not a chance you’re willing to take...if you’re not willing to face what will feel like possible “rejection” it’s better not to write*. (It’s not really rejection, but it will probably feel that way. I know it would feel that way to me. :tear2:)

*and I noticed @SeSa covered that at the very end of the post. :thumbsup:

Edited by Audrey822

@SeSa Wow! That sounds amazing. You're very lucky that you have such an amazing CO. That's lovely :) I really appreciate your response, it gave me something to think about. But what you write, still seems to me more like an actual fan mail.. I had sort of this weird idea in my mind that I would be writing so I didn't really come off as a fan. I don't really want to be put in that box, because I don't really consider myself one. 

It's hard because, I mainly wanted to write so I could see if things could go somewhere. I know that he is not very likely to 'small talk' continuously. And I'm afraid if I just write it casually, he would just remember me (in the scenario where he would actually remember me) as a fan. 

I wasn't gonna write anything about all my feelings ect. It's hard to explain, but here's the idea, briefed: I would compliment him from seeing him in a play that I really loved, and I would then in the end of it - after the compliments ect. refer to the time I once met him (which was like 6 years ago) and casually say something like: you probably don't remember me, but blabalabla --- and then eventually ask if he should ever be up for a chat or a cup of coffee I'd like to invite him to one. 

I know it probably sounds... weird and absurd. And idk why I even think it's a possibility to talk with him. 

He's very famous, so the likelihood of him replying or wanting to strike up a conversation is probably really low. 

But I appreciate that you shared your experience, it does give me something to think about. 

@Audrey822yeah I agree. I mean it's probably very likely I wouldn't get a response, but I don't really know what else I'm supposed to do as of now. I feel kind of stuck. I on one hand don't think it's a good idea, because I have this deep desire and hope that I'll end up with him. 

But now I'm not sure if that's even possible!! He has been basically completely inactive (work wise) for over a year, and he has now been seen in areas where houses are for sale - so it's very likely he will move away from London. That leaves me with no opportunity to go again and hope that I could meet him - it probably isn't good that I would either. I was devastated when i didn't run into him in December.

Again, thanks for your inputs. It gives me something to think about. :hugs:

On 12/21/2017 at 7:51 AM, nikki114 said:

Even when I don't research my CO, thoughts of him speed through my mind.  Like three or more people having a conversation in my head.  And I'm not invited.....

Do any of you experience this?

I've dealt with this every day. I hope yours getting better. 

On 1/5/2018 at 11:37 PM, imalittleteapot said:

I have a little crush on a famous UK movie actor too! He's IMO one of the most handsome men on earth. He's gay- so for some reason it makes it safe and fun to crush on him, because there is no "other woman" in his life. And if he has a male partner, that's awesome and I'm happy for him! LOL. My CO is friends and co-stars with that guy. In my opinion they're equally handsome, but the gay guy is the one who gets the most swooning from female fans. 

By any chance does your CO act in the Marvel Comics movie franchise? If he's who I THINK it is, I adore him and his character very much! (Plus I feel sorry for him being dumped by a certain singer, who has a habit of putting her exes in her song lyrics! LOL!) If anyone in this thread has that particular guy as a CO, let me know because he's another 'fun crush' of mine. I'm not obsessed with him at all, I just admire his acting and his eye-candy qualities. I've low-key liked him for 5 years now.

And- oh gosh this is a vent again-  I'm very jealous of the pretty young UK actress who stars in the big blockbuster movie that is out now. (you can probably guess that movie, and this girl!) It's because my CO is an acting buddy of hers, and I ran across an article that she's going to co-star with him again. I just hope and pray she isn't his love interest. I don't want her in a kissing scene with my CO. I'm jealous enough. Plus, it is creepy! This girl is so young, she's only 5 years older than one of my children. She's 12 years younger than my CO. My hope is that she sees him as more of a 'big brother.' She seems to be very fond of him, because in an interview she asked him to attend her big premiere, and he said he wanted to attend it with her. (I did not dare look up anything about whether or not they went to the premiere together. I don't want to know!)

I'm starting to obsess over this girl's friendship with him more than my CO's actual wife, it's weird. Probably because she's in the public eye, she's everywhere, and I adored her portrayal. My husband and son liked her character too, so it's a 'fan thing' we share as a family. I hope so much that she has a serious boyfriend or marries someone soon! My CO seems like such a sweet pure family man and daddy to his kids and faithful husband. I hope and pray that his feelings for this actress are purely noble and big-brotherly! 

Sorry, this has nothing to do with my own life. I am going to have to block everything celebrity news related. I can't stop thinking about my CO's friendships. He's such a charismatic man, so overly affectionate and 'gushy' to his co-stars. He's like a teddy bear who hugs and loves on all the people he acts with- male and female. It's one of the things I love about him, so naturally I'm envious of those who get to receive his sunshine in real life. 

ETA: @Audrey822- I feel bad that you feel bad about your life. You are expecting a grandchild for the first time, didn't you write that? And you are comfortably retired and don't have to be on your feet working 40 plus hours a week like so many people do. And you met your CO and he was nice and friendly to you! (I'm honestly jealous of you for that!) My CO is married and that's a fact, but if I got to meet him and he smiled and chatted with me in a friendly way- I'd be over the moon!

Hi Hi,

I think I know who is the Marvel guy you meant. Hahaha yes, he has a great quality as an actor and I loved watching him too! Very funny, talented. But I can't figure out who your CO is. My situation a little bit different as I do not feel envy for my CO's colleagues. I'm totally fine with who he kissed on screen (cause he kissed a lot of woman onscreen before. Hahaha!). It's his Real life partners that I can't stand. I feel like I wanted to shout at that woman, Get off!! He's mine!! hahahaha. 

My CO is not Marvel guy but you're close enough. He's one of the main superhero of DC universe. Can you take a wild guess on who he is? :)

Have you started to block all the celebrity news? Cause you said you just read an article about this actress... It means you haven't. You're still googling. Haha. I'm still trying to do the same. Oh it's really hard. I kinda miss him.

xx

On 1/5/2018 at 11:46 PM, Audrey822 said:

@imalittleteapot I’m very much over the moon about the meeting I had with my CO, and also the upcoming birth of my grandchild. But none of that makes up for the fact that I have never had anyone love me as a woman should be loved, and I never will. My husband is and has always been useless for that. He has never paid much attention to me. He plays video games...that’s about it. I no longer care. I was taught sex before marriage was wrong (not that he would have been interested anyway) so I had no idea how useless he was.  I was also taught that divorce was wrong NO MATTER WHAT. I woke up too late. I would gladly stand on my feet for 40-50 hours if anyone would hire me at my age so I could have a source of income out of this existence. All of this is too much information for this thread, and it’s depressing, so I have to stop. I’m not as blessed as you think I am.

Dear,

Thanks for entertain me on the messages! I have no perfect words for you, but I do believe, all good things will happen to good people. Maybe, it's not the time yet. I wish you nothing but all the happiness in the world.

xx

On 1/6/2018 at 1:32 AM, Helpme26 said:

Mine is in the marvel franchise yes, and it is who you think it is. That makes it absolutely embarrassing actually now that someone knows who it is :/ the marvel franchise is however not initially where I know my CO from. Those UK COs are terrible. They’re so absolutely handsome and no other men can really compete with them. 

It’s interesting that you have a crush on a CO who’s gay, I’ve never heard of that before. But that makes it a little easier to handle, I can imagine? Because you can’t do much about your own gender. 

I totally understand how that makes you feel! It’s difficult when other stars - or people who were basically unknown - starts working closely with your CO. I get that. It drives me CRAZY too!

@Audrey822 congratulations with your upcoming grandchild! That’s something amazing to experience and look forward to :) 

Ps; I’m sorry if my vent earlier had offended anyone. 

We all loves superhero. Especially, when he's from UK. Mine is from DC world. 

Now I'm wishing my CO was gay too. But unfortunately, he's nottttt. 

On 1/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, SeSa said:

I have written to my CO, and in my case it really worked out well. I wrote her a poem when she was going through a difficult time, and she wrote back and thanked me. From then I started writing to her for every birthday and Christmas with cards, poems, presents - and she almost always wrote back! And when I met her, she knew who I was already because of having had that contact!

But I have to say that in all the things I wrote, I deliberately didn't talk about my real feelings, thinking it would put her off from writing back. I talked about her, and limited it to saying that I admired her and was inspired by her, and specific appreciation of what she's done. So now I'm lucky to have a kind of contact with her, but it's on a star-fan level, and I really value that, but anything more is, in my case, limited to fantasy.

I'm not going to tell you that you don't have a chance to have something meaningful with your CO, but if write first of all in a less intimate way, you won't scare him off, you could establish contact, and then the future is still open. You mentioned maybe sending a piece of your art - that could be an amazing way to establish a human connection. He probably gets a lot of fan mail, but art is something meaningful and special, and could be a way of reaching out.

It's your call to decide, but I wouldn't totally rule out writing, only I'd say keep a lid on the full expression of your feelings, at least to start with! And to mentally prepare yourself for if nothing much happens from it, because you don't want to build yourself up and be disappointed. And if that would be too much to handle, then I think it's best not to write. 

WOah you're so lucky!!  I couldn't do that, because the chances of him replying me are very very very low. 

I knew there is one of his fan from Singapore willing to travel to UK to one of his event. It's a running charity event and she able to meet him. I can't do the same as it's very expensive...

3 hours ago, Honey1992 said:

Hello all,

What are your wildest fantasy about your CO?

In my fantasy world, I dreamed that me and my CO are married, have kids and we're both celebrities. And... we're very rich! Sort like Brangelina. 

:Coopyahoo:Hope you guys have a goo day. 

My fantasy isn’t really too wild. My CO isn’t an actor in my fantasy, and basically he and my alter ego meet and fall in love. My fantasies don’t usually get to the point of marriage and kids (although they have in the past with other COs), but I primarily just like to focus on how they end up falling for each other. I also usually like to add in some kind of conflict that they have to overcome.

7 minutes ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

My fantasy isn’t really too wild. My CO isn’t an actor in my fantasy, and basically he and my alter ego meet and fall in love. My fantasies don’t usually get to the point of marriage and kids (although they have in the past with other COs), but I primarily just like to focus on how they end up falling for each other. I also usually like to add in some kind of conflict that they have to overcome.

Me had about the same fantasies but my CO always been the main actor. In my fantasy, my alter ego and my CO will fall in love. Usually, she is the Greek princess and my CO came from lower class family but he is a warrior. Hahahaa:)

Edited by Honey1992

4 hours ago, Honey1992 said:

Me had about the same fantasies but my CO always been the main actor. In my fantasy, my alter ego and my CO will fall in love. Usually, she is the Greek princess and my CO came from lower class family but he is a warrior. Hahahaa:)

That's the great thing about fantasies. You can make them whatever you want them to be. I feel like I've had all these great romances (in my head, at least! lol). My current CO is everything that I could want in a CO. I know I say that every time, but I really mean it at the time that I'm saying it. :)

10 hours ago, Honey1992 said:

Hi Hi,

I think I know who is the Marvel guy you meant. Hahaha yes, he has a great quality as an actor and I loved watching him too! Very funny, talented. But I can't figure out who your CO is. My situation a little bit different as I do not feel envy for my CO's colleagues. I'm totally fine with who he kissed on screen (cause he kissed a lot of woman onscreen before. Hahaha!). It's his Real life partners that I can't stand. I feel like I wanted to shout at that woman, Get off!! He's mine!! hahahaha. 

My CO is not Marvel guy but you're close enough. He's one of the main superhero of DC universe. Can you take a wild guess on who he is? :)

Have you started to block all the celebrity news? Cause you said you just read an article about this actress... It means you haven't. You're still googling. Haha. I'm still trying to do the same. Oh it's really hard. I kinda miss him.

xx

Hi, @Honey1992 -

I just started blocking main celebrity news sites and Tumblr. I found the article about the actress because it was on my Google home page on my android tablet. I just need to stop reading articles about actors on my Google home page! Because three times last week, it led to things where my CO was mentioned. It's hard because the girl is everywhere. I'm even reading a novelization book of one of her movies that has her picture on the cover. It doesn't help that I (and my husband) have been fans of that movie franchise for many years. My CO is not in that movie's cast, but I can see him wanting a role in it in a future installation because he's a fan in such an adorable way! 

Edited by imalittleteapot

10 minutes ago, nikki114 said:

Weird question for you all.

If you're a fan of a certain celebrity, does it mean you have to like everything and everyone in the person's life?  In order to be a 'true fan'?

Of course not. It wouldn’t be possible to say that about anyone in this world. 

But I’ve never viewed this thread as a place for mere “fans”, being as it’s on Depression Forums (a mental health board.) When I got here, people didn’t come here to giggle and gush, they came because they were hurting about something, or had some sort of issue related to the celebrity obsession they needed support or help for. Go back and read the posts from early 2014...you’ll see the difference. 

@nikki114

I don't dislike anything in my CO's life, but I'd rather not hear or see anything about his wife and his small children. He was married before I even heard of him, not to mention he was 15 years old when I got married myself- LOL- but it doesn't stop making me envious of her to have him as her mate! The good thing is that his wife is not famous at all. I only found her name when I looked him up on Wikipedia over a year ago. 

@Honey1992- Actually, the most fun fantasy about my CO is that he stumbles upon my fanfiction stories. I wrote a few fanfics over the last 8 months about the movie that he and his co-star (the gay guy from the UK) were in together. They both had mentioned in an interview that they would both LOVE to see a movie made specifically about those 2 characters. Kind of like another movie from a few years ago where it 'told the villain's tale.'

So my daydream was that my CO (or the gay UK actor I like) would find my fanfics, and they would love them so much that one of them contacts the scriptwriters about them, and then I'd get contacted by a representative from the company! 

I know, it's probably every fanfiction author's impossible dream! 

I also have another daydream where I was my CO's babysitter when he was a young kid, and he fondly remembered me once he became famous as 'his absolute favorite babysitter' who played video games with him, and was willing to listen to him sing and dream of being on Broadway. (Probably because of the age difference of me being 11 years older!) :)

4 minutes ago, imalittleteapot said:

@nikki114- 

I don't dislike anything in my CO's life, but I'd rather not hear or see anything about his wife and his small children. He was married before I even heard of him, not to mention he was 15 years old when I got married myself- LOL- but it doesn't stop making me envious of her to have him as her mate! The good thing is that his wife is not famous at all. I only found her name when I looked him up on Wikipedia over a year ago. 

@Honey1992- Actually, the most fun fantasy about my CO is that he stumbles upon my fanfiction stories. I wrote a few fanfics over the last 8 months about the movie that he and his co-star (the gay guy from the UK) were in together. They both had mentioned in an interview that they would both LOVE to see a movie made specifically about those 2 characters. Kind of like another movie from a few years ago where it 'told the villain's tale.'

So my daydream was that my CO (or the gay UK actor I like) would find my fanfics, and they would love them so much that one of them contacts the scriptwriters about them, and then I'd get contacted by a representative from the company! 

I know, it's probably every fanfiction author's impossible dream! 

I also have another dream where I was my CO's babysitter when he was a young kid, and he fondly remembered me once he became famous as 'his absolute favorite babysitter' who played video games with him, and was willing to listen to him sing and dream of being on Broadway. (Probably because of the age difference of me being 11 years older!) :)

That's an interesting one. I'm 14 years older than my CO, but I sure as heck don't fantasize about being his babysitter. lol My alter ego is actually a few years younger than him, so that works for me! :)

18 minutes ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

That's an interesting one. I'm 14 years older than my CO, but I sure as heck don't fantasize about being his babysitter. lol My alter ego is actually a few years younger than him, so that works for me! :)

I think it's because my conscience and brain is forcing me to think of him in a platonic or even a 'motherly' way. I don't want to be romantically attracted to him. 

I guess if you're 14 years older than your CO, you would simply imagine yourself being younger! Just as others here have imagined themselves older to be closer to their beloved's age.

@Honey1992- I know the DC Comics heroes are Superman, Batman, etc, and there's bazillions of movies of them in recent years but the only one I saw recently was Wonder Woman. (I thought Diana's love interest, the pilot was very attractive!) I didn't like how that ended of course...

38 minutes ago, imalittleteapot said:

I think it's because my conscience and brain is forcing me to think of him in a platonic or even a 'motherly' way. I don't want to be romantically attracted to him. 

I guess if you're 14 years older than your CO, you would simply imagine yourself being younger! Just as others here have imagined themselves older to be closer to their beloved's age.

@Honey1992- I know the DC Comics heroes are Superman, Batman, etc, and there's bazillions of movies of them in recent years but the only one I saw recently was Wonder Woman. (I thought Diana's love interest, the pilot was very attractive!) I didn't like how that ended of course...

Well yeah, because I don't want to age my CO up to my age and if I made my alter ego my age, it'd have to be a "cougar" type fantasy and I'm not really ready to take on the cougar role yet. Maybe in my 40s. :)

I didn’t imagine myself older, I already had an older alter ego...she filled in nicely. (She filled in for me for many things that were necessary in my life.) She was still 9 years younger than he is, but that didn’t matter. She was old enough to appropriately be with him, whereas I was not. 

12 hours ago, Honey1992 said:

Hello all,

What are your wildest fantasy about your CO?

In my fantasy world, I dreamed that me and my CO are married, have kids and we're both celebrities. And... we're very rich! Sort like Brangelina. 

:Coopyahoo:Hope you guys have a goo day. 

The wildest fantasy? I guess that's being married to my CO. My biggest and wildest fantasy is just to be with him :icon12:

@Audrey822 I agree, Perhaps there ought to be started another thread for people who do have an "unhealthy" obsession. Like people like me for example. It would probably be an idea? Because then people who just have a general Obsession over their CO, won't be put in our category?