Jump to content

Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been obsessively (nothing wrong with a bit of humor :-)) reading it for the last hour and I must say it is good to know I am not alone in this unhealthy obsession. Thank you everyone for sharing. I'd thought I'd reciprocate for a couple of reasons:

1) I believe opening up could be the start of my healing process (I have never shared this with anyone)

2) There are many similarities on this forum but maybe my specific situation is even more closely related to you out there

Even though I have a loving wife, three wonderful children, a dog, two cars, a house and a steady job I have found myself slowly slipping in some sort of midlife crisis the last few years. My biggest hobby is watching movies and TV shows and since my teenage years I have had some celebrity crushes here and there. But nothing like when I started Netflix binge watching reruns from a TV show from the 80's (I love the 80's!!). I've found myself thinking about this actress day and night. I'm not even sure if it is the fictional TV character I'm in love with or with her. I'm also feeling very sad, because the actress is 26 years older than me. In the meantime I have also started collecting every movie she's been in. The internet is a curse, as I spend too many hours finding out everything I can. Every new piece of information gives a little euphoric feeling. But as I compile her life I feel proud of her accomplishments and sad for her at the same time (she went through a divorce, it seems she has an estranged daughter) and I want to fix it for her (especially her relationship with her daughter). I want her to be happy. My own self analysis is that as I feel my own eminent death approaching (mid life crisis) I am longing to feel that first feeling of love again and I am projecting this on this fictional character this beautiful actress played decades ago. I know I should stop, but I keep relapsing in these bursts of looking for any information/thinking about her. I would like to be able to enjoy her TV shows and movies and fantasize a little bit, because at the end of the day I enjoy the fantasy. 

 

Edited by advice_seeker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for your replies and advice. I really don't know how I'm going to overcome this unfortunately but I do know it is something I need to do. A lot of you said there's nothing wrong with daydreaming, as long as it's not interfering with my life. And I totally agree with that and wish it was just that. However it is interfering... I feel I'm only half the wife and mother I should/could be and I'm so ashamed of that. But it's just so 'fun' to get away at the same time, I'm so torn!! Gah!! 

I thought maybe this is a mid life crisis type thing but I'm only in my mid 30s, can it happen this early?! And I have everything to be happy for, a loving husband and two wonderful children (7 and 4) and a safe beautiful home. What is wrong with me?!?

I really do appreciate all your replies, please keep them coming and if any of you have happened to overcome this by any means please please please share. Thank you so much and best of luck to everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@alacroix : I agree with you in so many ways. "It's just fun to get away". 

There is definitely nothing wrong with you! There are simply too many people in a similar situation who have a great life and feel guilty about fantasizing about a radical different life. I'm often jealous of my childless couple friends, but I don't love my kids less of it. It is human nature to want what others have.

As we are in similar situations (married, kids and a CO) I can tell you what I'm planning to do. I am planning to first try to taper down my obsessive need to find information. That means I am planning to set fixed days/times I allow myself to browse the internet/watch videos. Slowly I will make those days further and further apart. I am not under the illusion I will stop thinking less and less about her, but hopefully as I spend less time on the internet I can fill it with another activity. I am planning to spend more time with my kids on special projects. For example my son got 3 lego boxes I plan to help him with in the evening. My wife also has a threadmill I am hoping (as she is hoping I will :-) ) to start using. Slowly over time I'll fill my brain with thoughts about these other things instead of dwelling on an one sided relationship.

On a positive note we both set the first step of recognizing we have a problem and writing it down in this forum. I am already dreading thinking less about her though. I will keep you posted how my tapering down goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alacroix said:

Thank you everyone for your replies and advice. I really don't know how I'm going to overcome this unfortunately but I do know it is something I need to do. A lot of you said there's nothing wrong with daydreaming, as long as it's not interfering with my life. And I totally agree with that and wish it was just that. However it is interfering... I feel I'm only half the wife and mother I should/could be and I'm so ashamed of that. But it's just so 'fun' to get away at the same time, I'm so torn!! Gah!! 

I thought maybe this is a mid life crisis type thing but I'm only in my mid 30s, can it happen this early?! And I have everything to be happy for, a loving husband and two wonderful children (7 and 4) and a safe beautiful home. What is wrong with me?!?

I really do appreciate all your replies, please keep them coming and if any of you have happened to overcome this by any means please please please share. Thank you so much and best of luck to everyone.

I’m in my mid-30s too (I actually HATE admitting that), so I definitely think a mid-life crisis can happen at any age. lol My CO is in his early 20s, so I look at him and think “Where did my life go? I want to be young again too!” Not that I was actually doing anything exciting when I was his age, but still. I don’t like feeling “old.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2017 at 1:25 PM, Dave7903 said:

Hi

Im new to this forum and I’m amazed that there are other people like me out there. Wow. Anyway here goes. I’m 34, married and living in the uk. It’s hard to talk about this but I think I might have a celebrity obsession/crush, and even though it’s only been going on for about 2 months now, it has escalated quickly. This particular person, an actress, was quite well known in the uk back in the 90’s for her TV work. Nowadays she does stage work and the odd tv and film role. She is 45 so older than me. It started when I watched a rerun of one of her old shows from the 90’s. I vaguely remember the show, but I was blown away by how beautiful she was.  I watched the shows again on dvd and have since watched some of her other more recent work. I’ve been watching YouTube clips of her and reading about her career. I’m so drawn to her, and I don’t think I’ve ever felt like this for a celebrity before. I’ve been attracted to other female celebs in the past but never like this. Even just looking at a picture of her my heart starts beating rapidly and my stomach does somersaults. Of course this is all silly and daft, as she has been married to an actor for the last ten years and has two kids. But I can’t help it. Its affecting my life now. I think about her most of the day and it driving me mad. I don’t think she uses social media but I search for news on her most days. At times at work I’ve nearly burst into tears for no reason and I struggle to eat at home sometimes. I have not met her, though if I did I would probably just stand there and look like an *****, wondering what to say. I’m thinking that I might go see one of her plays in the future, just to see her in the flesh. Having said that, I do want this obsession to end. I know that I should try and remove everything that reminds me of her, but I still want to appreciate her work as a fan. It’s so stupid, falling in love with someone who doesn’t know you exist. I’m wondering what to do. Maybe it will pass, but if it doesn’t then I might need to consider counselling, because it needs to stop. Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks for reading. 

@Dave7903 This is so very very similar to me... It started when I watched reruns. I've also found myself crying at work just from what I assume is heartache. In the last three month's have you made any progress ? I hope you have and I hope you could share...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@advice_seeker, thanks for sharing your input and I would love to see how things progress with you! That does seem like a good plan - I've tried similar things such as not googling him as much (although I've been very bad at that lately) but still, there's my brain and wanting to fantasize. 😕 Do keep me posted and we can keep each other accountable! 

 

@HopelessRomantic2011, lol thanks for thinking me not too old! 😝 My CO is similar age but when I fantasize/daydream about him it's both of us in our early 20s, so there is something about the 'good ol days' going on here. I do miss that carefree feeling and the falling in love feeling, especially when I daydream about him... sigh...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, random alice said:

Hi, everyone, I hope you're feeling better than me at the moment

 

But the couple of guys I like are still "out of my league".   Why arent the guys I like interested? And I have a really hard time being attracted to anyone...  But I can't like... kiss a guy I'm not attracted to? I can't even picture it.

That's one of my main issues with men.  Whether it's a celebrity or a regular guy, I'm attracted to guys who are unattainable in some way.  It sucks.

 

I think that the main issue is my commitphobia.  I want a relationship, then I don't.  Because I want to keep being my own person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome @advice_seeker @alacroix @nikki114

I love this thread because I can relate and feel for all of your recent posts here. I've been doing well- had a nice relaxing holiday season with my husband and kids. For those of you new, I'm a married woman for almost 22 years, to my college sweetheart. I never dated much before him, and we married somewhat young. I've also been going through a 'midlife crisis' for the past 5 years where I have had CO's and extramarital crushes, simply because it's been so LONG since I've experienced 'new romance.' 

I have this little theory that having CO's is like a vicarious, secret little 'new romance' experience, but without having an affair or being unfaithful or immoral to the husband I committed my entire life to. Since I grew up as a born-again Christian, affairs (and even divorce for reasons like 'losing the spark' or 'midlife crisis') are simply NOT okay with the family values I had always held dear.

So for me, having a CO is 'safe?' I'm much more into my current CO than any random guy in my town, that's for certain! I don't socialize much, I'm introverted and a homebody, and even the idea of even having an affair for real is revolting. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have another positive thought on my whole CO problem- which is a sign it's becoming more of a normal and healthy crush now-

The daydreams I have about my movie-actor CO aren't romantic at all. They have more to do with being 'buddies' with him, or having been his tutor or babysitter when he was a preteen-young teen and I was in my early 20's. I think the reason is because my CO is 11 years younger than me!

Currently, I'm more jealous of his friend and co-actress than I am of his wife!  There are a bunch of videos online where they're being cute and joking around, with all kinds of banter over this big movie she stars in and he's a dorky fan of. (and my husband and I also share his love for this movie franchise too!)

Their friendship is so cute, though, and that's why I'm jealous. I know those videos are out there because of news articles I stumbled on about my CO's friendship with this beautiful young actress, but I haven't actually looked at them- trying to be strong! I'm also hoping so much that my CO stays faithful to his wife, who isn't famous at all. I don't want him to be like those other celebs who cheat on their 'ordinary' spouse after their star rises, with fellow celebs. It makes me want to look up this young actress' personal life. I want her to have a boyfriend, because I don't want her with my CO!

Edited by imalittleteapot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @imalittleteapot, thank you for your insight! Even if I never 'get over' my CO, I hope to eventually get to where you are at. Still having unrealistic fantasies about him now, it's just so hard because when I feel like I need to break away from it I feel so heartbroken and missing him so much - but I don't even know him so then I feel ridiculous and absurd! Please keep the stories and advice coming though everyone, it is helping me in ways I don't understand right now. Thanks again everyone.

Just a quick poll: how long have you been dealing with your CO?? I've been hopelessly obsessed for a little over a year now with the same guy now, to the point of obsessing over anything UK since that's where he's from (I'm American) 😖

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, alacroix said:

Just a quick poll: how long have you been dealing with your CO?? I've been hopelessly obsessed for a little over a year now with the same guy now, to the point of obsessing over anything UK since that's where he's from (I'm American) 😖

I first discovered this thread back in 2011 and I’ve constantly had celebrity obsessions/crushes for over 25 years now. Some I’ve had off and on for several years and others only lasted for a few months. I just discovered my current CO on December 10th, so it’s a fairly new thing. Literally seconds before I discovered him, I had a different CO who I was nuts about, and I only found out about my new CO because my former CO is a fan of his. lol So yeah, it totally makes me feel like a fickle teenage girl how my obsessions can change from day to day, but that’s just how it is for me. I don’t go looking for new obsessions but they just happen and then when they do, it always feels just as intense and like I’m never going to like another person as much (even though I’m usually wrong about that).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Audrey822 @HopelessRomantic2011 thank you for the words <3 ^^ I have been using dating apps all the time because I don't have opportunities to meet people, but it seems harder to be interested when you have no idea how it would be to actually meet them in person. I can't seem to like the ones close to me.

@nikki114 Maybe I'm scared of being hurt so my subconscious makes me go for unattainable guys? But they all happen to be the best looking guys? Hahah o_o

@alacroix I think it's been 3 years. It was so bad I thought about him every other second. It was hell, it hurt so much I couldn't stop crying sometimes. Now it's a lot better but I still love him and get anxious about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@imalittleteapot thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I would never have a real life affair either and I like your analysis that this is simply a way to experience a 'new romance'. The feeling does remind me of falling in love when I was much younger. The butterflies of thinking about her. I just get so sad thinking about the fact that it is unobtainable. I'm mourning the loss of something I never had nor will ever have. I want to keep daydreaming about her, because the butterflies feel so good! But what is the point if this fantasy keeps me from being that 100% parent and 100% spouse I could be (just like @alacroix feels).

Yesterday again I went to bed and woke up with her on my mind. Just like a new love she is flawless in my eyes. I need to get to a stage where she's not a perfect angel and I start to notice small annoyances. That is a normal progression in a real relationship (My wife is annoyed with my clothes always lying next to the hamper :-)). The question is how do I get there with a fantasy? How to make her more real/human? I'm trying to focus on her divorce and estranged daughter relationship. Obviously that must mean she is not perfect, but I'm currently 100% blaming her ex husband for influencing their daughter....

These chats are really helping! Thanks for listening and for your advice/insights.

Edited by advice_seeker
increase font size to make it more legible
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2018 at 5:23 PM, cornflakegirl said:

@Helpme26

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with this.  Just know that you are not alone and that if need to talk, you know where to find us.  *big hugs*

Maybe this would be a good time to explore new hobbies...maybe take a class at a local college and learn a new skill or watch some "how to" videos on YouTube on a skill that you have always wanted to learn how to do but never had the chance.  I taught myself how to french braid my own hair from watching YouTube because I never had anyone in my life that showed me how.  It was a bit of a challenge but managed to learn and it was quite rewarding once I started to get the hang of it.  I know it sounds silly, but it is a nice little distraction from thinking about your CO, even if only for a little while.  Getting out to a class has the extra benefit of meeting new people, so that could be helpful too.  

Another idea that I am exploring is volunteering opportunities in my area...maybe that is something you can look into as well.  Maybe in helping others, we can help ourselves too.

At any rate, I wish you the best and Happy New Year to you.  

I've tried to explore a lot of new things in the hobbies I already have - I have a TON of hobbies. Like I paint, draw, make sculptures, write, read, cross stitch, make things with beads, knit... a lot of things. So I always have something to do. I recently took up working out, because I need to get in shape (and mostly because I get motivated bc of my CO) But it's like everything I do, it doesn't matter what and if I'm learning something new such as making origami - which I suck at - or whatever, I always think of my CO. He's in my head constantly. I don't know if any of you have ever experienced that? 

It's like, when I eat, I imagine I'm eating with him, when I draw, workout, watch films or whatever - I always think of him in one way or another, either something reminds me of him or I imagine I'm doing the activity with him. even when I'm out with friends I imagine: What would he say and do if he was here with me? Why isn't he here with me? 

It sucks, I know. I don't quite know how to stop it from going on. I guess it's HARD to stop it when you're constantly still hoping/thinking that someday you'll be with him. 

I'm starting to fashion a letter to him, like I talked about previously, but I can't get myself to finish it and send it because I'll probably sound crazy and I would be devastated if he never replied. 

I'm even applying to something called manuscript development - which is a year long course that is part of my university education - and I'm only doing it so that I hope I can make it in the business he's in (acting.)  

Have any of you ever sent a letter to your CO? 

Thanks for being so kind.

 

@Audrey822 thanks and thanks to all of you. My friend is finally home from the hospital and I'm beyond relieved. I went to meet her not long ago, and even though she's black and blue all over she's safe, and I'm happy that she's on a road to recovery, it makes me less worried now when she's home - and home with her mother and father too, so at least she's not alone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2018 at 4:10 AM, random alice said:

Hi, everyone, I hope you're feeling better than me at the moment 
I've been feeling desperate to meet someone...But the couple of guys I like are still "out of my league" even though some people told me I'm beautiful etc ?!?! I don't feel like that. Why arent the guys I like interested? And I have a really hard time being attracted to anyone... I keep remembering my CO's eyes then I think "if I do find someone, how am I gonna tell them I'm in love with a celebrity??" Sometimes I just wanna pretend I'm attracted just to have someone to care about me. But I can't like... kiss a guy I'm not attracted to? I can't even picture it.

@alacroix Welcome to the forum, we know what that feels like, although it's different for everyone.
In my case therapy, time, meds, and not looking at my CO helped a lot, so I recommend those things... but I'm still in love with him. I hope you find something that works for you.

 

I know exactly how you feel!! I have the same issue to be honest. I'm not very confident, I mean I look alright I'm kinda chubby but I don't look bad. yet I still go for guys who aren't attractive (except for my CO) because it makes it scary going for attractive guys. And in the end I do think it's hard for us to REALLY get into the dating thing when you're obsessed with a celebrity. it's really difficult. Because I know I for one keeps comparing others to him, and no one is ever going to be as perfect as him.

This year is my 10th year of being single..... soooo .... I'm slowly adjusting to the thought of being alone forever lol. I feel very much like I'm not lovable, and I can't ever allow myself to love someone because it always ends in disaster and  I just ends up retreating to my CO again.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:59 PM, advice_seeker said:

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been obsessively (nothing wrong with a bit of humor :-)) reading it for the last hour and I must say it is good to know I am not alone in this unhealthy obsession. Thank you everyone for sharing. I'd thought I'd reciprocate for a couple of reasons:

1) I believe opening up could be the start of my healing process (I have never shared this with anyone)

2) There are many similarities on this forum but maybe my specific situation is even more closely related to you out there

Even though I have a loving wife, three wonderful children, a dog, two cars, a house and a steady job I have found myself slowly slipping in some sort of midlife crisis the last few years. My biggest hobby is watching movies and TV shows and since my teenage years I have had some celebrity crushes here and there. But nothing like when I started Netflix binge watching reruns from a TV show from the 80's (I love the 80's!!). I've found myself thinking about this actress day and night. I'm not even sure if it is the fictional TV character I'm in love with or with her. I'm also feeling very sad, because the actress is 26 years older than me. In the meantime I have also started collecting every movie she's been in. The internet is a curse, as I spend too many hours finding out everything I can. Every new piece of information gives a little euphoric feeling. But as I compile her life I feel proud of her accomplishments and sad for her at the same time (she went through a divorce, it seems she has an estranged daughter) and I want to fix it for her (especially her relationship with her daughter). I want her to be happy. My own self analysis is that as I feel my own eminent death approaching (mid life crisis) I am longing to feel that first feeling of love again and I am projecting this on this fictional character this beautiful actress played decades ago. I know I should stop, but I keep relapsing in these bursts of looking for any information/thinking about her. I would like to be able to enjoy her TV shows and movies and fantasize a little bit, because at the end of the day I enjoy the fantasy. 

 

Hello advice_seeker, welcome to the forum. I'm really glad to hear that you have a great life aside your CO - I'm a little jealous actually, how many of you can/has that and I'm a lonely ****er who can't find love. LOL
I really hope you can find some of the information in here helpful, we're all in the same boat so thank GOD no one is judging us in here. It's kind of nice to know that men can feel the same way about these things, it's not often I hear that, welcome ! even if my welcome is a bit delayed. 
 

6 hours ago, alacroix said:

Just a quick poll: how long have you been dealing with your CO?? I've been hopelessly obsessed for a little over a year now with the same guy now, to the point of obsessing over anything UK since that's where he's from (I'm American) 😖

A year? Ah, well that's not too bad. I know how you feel though, my CO is from UK too and that made me obsessed with that too! I've probably had this CO for almost 10 years now. If not more actually. I'm dreading every single day that I didn't do something back when he was still not very popular, now he's extremely famous and I have no chance of being with him whatsoever. It's been a long and lonely 10 years.. 

 

I really want to get into replying to everything you guys have been writing, but there's so much I've missed out on. I hope that's alright. I'm sorry. I hope you guys are okay and everything is going well so far for you, in 2018.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, alacroix said:

Just a quick poll: how long have you been dealing with your CO?? I've been hopelessly obsessed for a little over a year now with the same guy now, to the point of obsessing over anything UK since that's where he's from (I'm American) 😖

I'm copying this from another post to answer how long I've been in love with my CO, and why he's not a problem to be "dealt with" for me (I don't really consider him an obsession; he's a person.)  

The answer to the first question is, I first saw him more than 50 years ago. My CO has never stopped me from doing anything I wanted to do. In fact, it’s because of him that I’m able to sit here and write this post because I’m sure I wouldn’t have survived what I had to endure if not for him.  My fantasies of him never stopped me from doing anything I wanted or needed to do (other people have thrown obstacles my way, but not him.)  I managed my fantasy time well.  I graduated from high school, college (almost with honors), managed two careers — one before I attended college and another after.  I got married and raised two children to adulthood…they’re both on their own, one is married and expecting a child of his own.  The point being, when I had a job to do, I did it.  I didn’t let the fantasy take over my life.  But when I needed an escape (for whatever reason….and there were many reasons for almost my entire life) I went to that fantasy, which is as much about my alter ego as my CO.  When I finally got around to analyzing my life, about 17 days after signing up here, that was when I realized….my alter ego is me, she's just much better.  Of course it was me who always was and still is in love with my CO. I have been all along…but he never interfered with anything in my life.  He made my life infinitely better.  Always and forever.  He still does. :icon12: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2018 at 6:59 AM, advice_seeker said:

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been obsessively (nothing wrong with a bit of humor :-)) reading it for the last hour and I must say it is good to know I am not alone in this unhealthy obsession. Thank you everyone for sharing. I'd thought I'd reciprocate for a couple of reasons:

1) I believe opening up could be the start of my healing process (I have never shared this with anyone)

2) There are many similarities on this forum but maybe my specific situation is even more closely related to you out there

Even though I have a loving wife, three wonderful children, a dog, two cars, a house and a steady job I have found myself slowly slipping in some sort of midlife crisis the last few years. My biggest hobby is watching movies and TV shows and since my teenage years I have had some celebrity crushes here and there. But nothing like when I started Netflix binge watching reruns from a TV show from the 80's (I love the 80's!!). I've found myself thinking about this actress day and night. I'm not even sure if it is the fictional TV character I'm in love with or with her. I'm also feeling very sad, because the actress is 26 years older than me. In the meantime I have also started collecting every movie she's been in. The internet is a curse, as I spend too many hours finding out everything I can. Every new piece of information gives a little euphoric feeling. But as I compile her life I feel proud of her accomplishments and sad for her at the same time (she went through a divorce, it seems she has an estranged daughter) and I want to fix it for her (especially her relationship with her daughter). I want her to be happy. My own self analysis is that as I feel my own eminent death approaching (mid life crisis) I am longing to feel that first feeling of love again and I am projecting this on this fictional character this beautiful actress played decades ago. I know I should stop, but I keep relapsing in these bursts of looking for any information/thinking about her. I would like to be able to enjoy her TV shows and movies and fantasize a little bit, because at the end of the day I enjoy the fantasy. 

 

Hi @advice_seeker Good day. I hope you're doing well. Maybe you can slow down a little doing online search. Maybe you make a goal to do online search let's say half an hour a month? And by doing this, you will be able to enjoy her works without worrying about her personal life. 

xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, alacroix said:

Hi @imalittleteapot, thank you for your insight! Even if I never 'get over' my CO, I hope to eventually get to where you are at. Still having unrealistic fantasies about him now, it's just so hard because when I feel like I need to break away from it I feel so heartbroken and missing him so much - but I don't even know him so then I feel ridiculous and absurd! Please keep the stories and advice coming though everyone, it is helping me in ways I don't understand right now. Thanks again everyone.

Just a quick poll: how long have you been dealing with your CO?? I've been hopelessly obsessed for a little over a year now with the same guy now, to the point of obsessing over anything UK since that's where he's from (I'm American) 😖

I've had this CO for 2 years now. He's a very famous and handsome actor and his news are everywhere. Sigh..... And I don't think there's a man in this world more handsome than him. Hahahaah. And mine is from UK too. UK guys are awesomeee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, advice_seeker said:

 Yesterday again I went to bed and woke up with her on my mind. Just like a new love she is flawless in my eyes. I need to get to a stage where she's not a perfect angel and I start to notice small annoyances. That is a normal progression in a real relationship (My wife is annoyed with my clothes always lying next to the hamper :-)). The question is how do I get there with a fantasy? How to make her more real/human? I'm trying to focus on her divorce and estranged daughter relationship. Obviously that must mean she is not perfect, but I'm currently 100% blaming her ex husband for influencing their daughter....

I envy you. I envy that you’re so happy in your real life that fantasizing makes you miserable. My real life sucks. I envy your wife, that the worst that can be said about you is you’re annoying for not putting your clothes in the hamper. But most of all, I envy you for the beautiful, flawless fantasy you still have...and for the life of me, I can’t understand why you want to destroy it so badly.  God, I wish we could trade places. A little more than 4 years ago my beautiful fantasy was destroyed, and I want nothing more than to have it back the way it was before: perfect and flawless. I still love him, but it can never be like it was before 9/6/2013. 

Welcome to the thread, and I hope you get what you wish for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Honey1992 said:

I've had this CO for 2 years now. He's a very famous and handsome actor and his news are everywhere. Sigh..... And I don't think there's a man in this world more handsome than him. Hahahaah. And mine is from UK too. UK guys are awesomeee

I have a little crush on a famous UK movie actor too! He's IMO one of the most handsome men on earth. He's gay- so for some reason it makes it safe and fun to crush on him, because there is no "other woman" in his life. And if he has a male partner, that's awesome and I'm happy for him! LOL. My CO is friends and co-stars with that guy. In my opinion they're equally handsome, but the gay guy is the one who gets the most swooning from female fans. 

By any chance does your CO act in the Marvel Comics movie franchise? If he's who I THINK it is, I adore him and his character very much! (Plus I feel sorry for him being dumped by a certain singer, who has a habit of putting her exes in her song lyrics! LOL!) If anyone in this thread has that particular guy as a CO, let me know because he's another 'fun crush' of mine. I'm not obsessed with him at all, I just admire his acting and his eye-candy qualities. I've low-key liked him for 5 years now.

And- oh gosh this is a vent again-  I'm very jealous of the pretty young UK actress who stars in the big blockbuster movie that is out now. (you can probably guess that movie, and this girl!) It's because my CO is an acting buddy of hers, and I ran across an article that she's going to co-star with him again. I just hope and pray she isn't his love interest. I don't want her in a kissing scene with my CO. I'm jealous enough. Plus, it is creepy! This girl is so young, she's only 5 years older than one of my children. She's 12 years younger than my CO. My hope is that she sees him as more of a 'big brother.' She seems to be very fond of him, because in an interview she asked him to attend her big premiere, and he said he wanted to attend it with her. (I did not dare look up anything about whether or not they went to the premiere together. I don't want to know!)

I'm starting to obsess over this girl's friendship with him more than my CO's actual wife, it's weird. Probably because she's in the public eye, she's everywhere, and I adored her portrayal. My husband and son liked her character too, so it's a 'fan thing' we share as a family. I hope so much that she has a serious boyfriend or marries someone soon! My CO seems like such a sweet pure family man and daddy to his kids and faithful husband. I hope and pray that his feelings for this actress are purely noble and big-brotherly! 

Sorry, this has nothing to do with my own life. I am going to have to block everything celebrity news related. I can't stop thinking about my CO's friendships. He's such a charismatic man, so overly affectionate and 'gushy' to his co-stars. He's like a teddy bear who hugs and loves on all the people he acts with- male and female. It's one of the things I love about him, so naturally I'm envious of those who get to receive his sunshine in real life. 

ETA: @Audrey822- I feel bad that you feel bad about your life. You are expecting a grandchild for the first time, didn't you write that? And you are comfortably retired and don't have to be on your feet working 40 plus hours a week like so many people do. And you met your CO and he was nice and friendly to you! (I'm honestly jealous of you for that!) My CO is married and that's a fact, but if I got to meet him and he smiled and chatted with me in a friendly way- I'd be over the moon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@imalittleteapot I’m very much over the moon about the meeting I had with my CO, and also the upcoming birth of my grandchild. But none of that makes up for the fact that I have never had anyone love me as a woman should be loved, and I never will. My husband is and has always been useless for that. He has never paid much attention to me. He plays video games...that’s about it. I no longer care. I was taught sex before marriage was wrong (not that he would have been interested anyway) so I had no idea how useless he was.  I was also taught that divorce was wrong NO MATTER WHAT. I woke up too late. I would gladly stand on my feet for 40-50 hours if anyone would hire me at my age so I could have a source of income out of this existence. All of this is too much information for this thread, and it’s depressing, so I have to stop. I’m not as blessed as you think I am.

Edited by Audrey822
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Audrey822 said:

@imalittleteapot I’m very much over the moon about the meeting I had with my CO, and also the upcoming birth of my grandchild. But none of that makes up for the fact that I have never had anyone love me as a woman should be loved, and I never will. My husband is and has always been useless for that. He has never paid much attention to me. He plays video games...that’s about it. I no longer care. I was taught sex before marriage was wrong (not that he would have been interested anyway) so I had no idea how useless he was.  I was also taught that divorce was wrong NO MATTER WHAT. I woke up too late. I would gladly stand on my feet for 40-50 hours if anyone would hire me at my age so I could have a source of income out of this existence. All of this is too much information for this thread, and it’s depressing, so I have to stop. I’m not as blessed as you think I am.

@Audrey822 it's ok. I understand that you're venting. I'm sure no one here has a perfect life and we all wish that certain things could be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, imalittleteapot said:

I have a little crush on a famous UK movie actor too! He's IMO one of the most handsome men on earth. He's gay- so for some reason it makes it safe and fun to crush on him, because there is no "other woman" in his life. And if he has a male partner, that's awesome and I'm happy for him! LOL. My CO is friends and co-stars with that guy. In my opinion they're equally handsome, but the gay guy is the one who gets the most swooning from female fans. 

By any chance does your CO act in the Marvel Comics movie franchise? If he's who I THINK it is, I adore him and his character very much! (Plus I feel sorry for him being dumped by a certain singer, who has a habit of putting her exes in her song lyrics! LOL!) If anyone in this thread has that particular guy as a CO, let me know because he's another 'fun crush' of mine. I'm not obsessed with him at all, I just admire his acting and his eye-candy qualities. I've low-key liked him for 5 years now.

And- oh gosh this is a vent again-  I'm very jealous of the pretty young UK actress who stars in the big blockbuster movie that is out now. (you can probably guess that movie, and this girl!) It's because my CO is an acting buddy of hers, and I ran across an article that she's going to co-star with him again. I just hope and pray she isn't his love interest. I don't want her in a kissing scene with my CO. I'm jealous enough. Plus, it is creepy! This girl is so young, she's only 5 years older than one of my children. She's 12 years younger than my CO. My hope is that she sees him as more of a 'big brother.' She seems to be very fond of him, because in an interview she asked him to attend her big premiere, and he said he wanted to attend it with her. (I did not dare look up anything about whether or not they went to the premiere together. I don't want to know!)

I'm starting to obsess over this girl's friendship with him more than my CO's actual wife, it's weird. Probably because she's in the public eye, she's everywhere, and I adored her portrayal. My husband and son liked her character too, so it's a 'fan thing' we share as a family. I hope so much that she has a serious boyfriend or marries someone soon! My CO seems like such a sweet pure family man and daddy to his kids and faithful husband. I hope and pray that his feelings for this actress are purely noble and big-brotherly! 

Sorry, this has nothing to do with my own life. I am going to have to block everything celebrity news related. I can't stop thinking about my CO's friendships. He's such a charismatic man, so overly affectionate and 'gushy' to his co-stars. He's like a teddy bear who hugs and loves on all the people he acts with- male and female. It's one of the things I love about him, so naturally I'm envious of those who get to receive his sunshine in real life. 

ETA: @Audrey822- I feel bad that you feel bad about your life. You are expecting a grandchild for the first time, didn't you write that? And you are comfortably retired and don't have to be on your feet working 40 plus hours a week like so many people do. And you met your CO and he was nice and friendly to you! (I'm honestly jealous of you for that!) My CO is married and that's a fact, but if I got to meet him and he smiled and chatted with me in a friendly way- I'd be over the moon!

Mine is in the marvel franchise yes, and it is who you think it is. That makes it absolutely embarrassing actually now that someone knows who it is :/ the marvel franchise is however not initially where I know my CO from. Those UK COs are terrible. They’re so absolutely handsome and no other men can really compete with them. 

It’s interesting that you have a crush on a CO who’s gay, I’ve never heard of that before. But that makes it a little easier to handle, I can imagine? Because you can’t do much about your own gender. 

I totally understand how that makes you feel! It’s difficult when other stars - or people who were basically unknown - starts working closely with your CO. I get that. It drives me CRAZY too!

@Audrey822 congratulations with your upcoming grandchild! That’s something amazing to experience and look forward to :) 

Ps; I’m sorry if my vent earlier had offended anyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Audrey822 said:

@imalittleteapot I’m very much over the moon about the meeting I had with my CO, and also the upcoming birth of my grandchild. But none of that makes up for the fact that I have never had anyone love me as a woman should be loved, and I never will. My husband is and has always been useless for that. He has never paid much attention to me. He plays video games...that’s about it. I no longer care. I was taught sex before marriage was wrong (not that he would have been interested anyway) so I had no idea how useless he was.  I was also taught that divorce was wrong NO MATTER WHAT. I woke up too late. I would gladly stand on my feet for 40-50 hours if anyone would hire me at my age so I could have a source of income out of this existence. All of this is too much information for this thread, and it’s depressing, so I have to stop. I’m not as blessed as you think I am.

Just wanted to reply more in depth in a separate message.

that sounds awful. It seems like it’s very understandable that you have a Co if you have never been fully satisfied as the woman you are, and especially having been taught sex before marriage is wrong. Let me just get this right, so you’re still with your husband? But he makes you miserable? I just want to know if  I got it right. I’ve been absent for a while so I might have missed some messages earlier on, idk if this is a part of some longer conversation. My phone won’t allow me to browse through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...