Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

24 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

@HopelessRomantic2011 I've been reading through this forum like crazy and I think I've figured out who you're CO is lol. I won't say his name, don't worry, but if I am correct, our COs have played live together in recent years :)  

Haha, really? The name of his band starts with "B." Are we still on the same page? But don't worry, I really wouldn't be able to guess anyone else's CO (regardless of what obvious hints you think you've revealed) because I spend so much time obsessing over my own COs that I don't know much about anything else! lol 

1 minute ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

Haha, really? The name of his band starts with "B." Are we still on the same page? But don't worry, I really wouldn't be able to guess anyone else's CO (regardless of what obvious hints you think you've revealed) because I spend so much time obsessing over my own COs that I don't know much about anything else! lol 

Yup, totally know who it is and I don't blame you, he is gorgeous and has a great voice. My CO played bass live with him last year when they created a "super group". They're basically buds, just think that's kind of adorable. I don't honestly care if anyone guesses my CO, I just feel like I shouldn't put his name on here for some reason. Sorry if me finding yours makes you feel uncomfortable or something, I'm just obsessed with music and rock in general and was intrigued that your CO was also a musician. 

10 minutes ago, I wanna be me said:

Me too! 

I love reading stories about him too, although most people write about the singer of the band he's in, so they can be hard to find. 

I'm writing about him at the moment, and my alter ego, and for some reason I've decided to **** "my" character off. I wonder what that means?!?

My CO's wife seems wonderful as well, they obviously really love each other which makes me feel so happy for them both. 

I guess I hope I can find the same kind of relationship for myself. 

Yeah, I have a really hard time finding good fanfic of my CO for similar reasons. Everyone in the fandom seems to make fanfic about the singer and the guitarist, and the only fanfic I find of my CO are of him having sex with the lead singer (who is also his brother... ew), which I am really not into for obvious reasons (I mean, if people are into that, thats fine, it just personally grosses me out). So I'm kind of stuck writing my own, which is really fun but sometimes I just want to read something without putting in all the effort. There is some decent smut out there though... but I like to have a good love story before getting into that dirty smut. 

And concerning the relationship stuff, there are thousands of people out there for everyone (you can tell I don't believe in the 'one true love' thing). And no relationship is perfect. I guess I'd just warn against setting your standards to what you see your CO posting on the internet about their relationship. Everyone always shows their best self to the world, but as I said, no relationship is perfect. 

6 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Yup, totally know who it is and I don't blame you, he is gorgeous and has a great voice. My CO played bass live with him last year when they created a "super group". They're basically buds, just think that's kind of adorable. I don't honestly care if anyone guesses my CO, I just feel like I shouldn't put his name on here for some reason. Sorry if me finding yours makes you feel uncomfortable or something, I'm just obsessed with music and rock in general and was intrigued that your CO was also a musician. 

Nope, doesn't make me uncomfortable at all if you know who he is! :) I just wanted to avoid directly naming him. (And sorry for all the things I've said about his wife if you happen to be a fan of hers!) Hmm...now I'm thinking of the whole super group thing. I know he performed last year on an awards show with a few musicians that he doesn't normally perform with. I've watched that performance several times, but since my eyes were glued to him as always, I'm not sure who the bassist was. But I'd be happy to watch it a few more times until I figure it out! lol :)

1 minute ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Yeah, I have a really hard time finding good fanfic of my CO for similar reasons. Everyone in the fandom seems to make fanfic about the singer and the guitarist, and the only fanfic I find of my CO are of him having sex with the lead singer (who is also his brother... ew), which I am really not into for obvious reasons (I mean, if people are into that, thats fine, it just personally grosses me out). So I'm kind of stuck writing my own, which is really fun but sometimes I just want to read something without putting in all the effort. There is some decent smut out there though... but I like to have a good love story before getting into that dirty smut. 

And concerning the relationship stuff, there are thousands of people out there for everyone (you can tell I don't believe in the 'one true love' thing). And no relationship is perfect. I guess I'd just warn against setting your standards to what you see your CO posting on the internet about their relationship. Everyone always shows their best self to the world, but as I said, no relationship is perfect. 

Oh yes, this is so true! I know it's not all perfect, but at the moment I don't even have the "stuff to show off on social media" type relationship 😄 So I guess I can dream! 

There's tons of slash stuff about my CO's band online too, although still not much with him in, more, as you say with yours, with the singer and guitarist. People seem to much prefer the man on man stories. 

Just now, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

Nope, doesn't make me uncomfortable at all if you know who he is! :) I just wanted to avoid directly naming him. (And sorry for all the things I've said about his wife if you happen to be a fan of hers!) Hmm...now I'm thinking of the whole super group thing. I know he performed last year on an awards show with a few musicians that he doesn't normally perform with. I've watched that performance several times, but since my eyes were glued to him as always, I'm not sure who the bassist was. But I'd be happy to watch it a few more times until I figure it out! lol :)

Okay good, and no worries with the wife thing. I honestly don't even know who she is and there's no judging here lol. Yeah that's exactly the show I'm talking about! I will forever be in love with the emo genre. I've mostly moved past it musically, and my COs band is really the only one I still listen to with any consistency but it will always be an important part of my life. Probably why I'm still basically in love with him after all this time. 

6 minutes ago, I wanna be me said:

Oh yes, this is so true! I know it's not all perfect, but at the moment I don't even have the "stuff to show off on social media" type relationship 😄 So I guess I can dream! 

There's tons of slash stuff about my CO's band online too, although still not much with him in, more, as you say with yours, with the singer and guitarist. People seem to much prefer the man on man stories. 

Do you mind me asking if you are in a relationship? I'm just interested in seeing how people deal with having a CO while being in a relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years and I feel like I have this whole secret life he doesn't know about. 

Also yeah there is lots of slash stuff with my CO's band too. His band broke up a few years ago too so there's very little new fic out there. The fandom is still strong but getting distracted because they've been broken up for a while. I've been writing this hyper-violent zombie/vampire flick that's over 100 pages now with my CO and my alter-ego as main characters. Sometimes the horrific things that come out of my brain scare me haha

8 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Okay good, and no worries with the wife thing. I honestly don't even know who she is and there's no judging here lol. Yeah that's exactly the show I'm talking about! I will forever be in love with the emo genre. I've mostly moved past it musically, and my COs band is really the only one I still listen to with any consistency but it will always be an important part of my life. Probably why I'm still basically in love with him after all this time. 

Ok, I haven't rewatched that performance yet but I just Googled who I think I remember played bass, and I found another interesting piece to this puzzle! Your CO's wife used to be married to a guy who was my CO around 16 years ago. lol They had a very short marriage and I never really hated her too much because he was no longer my CO by the time he married her. Interesting stuff though! Although I've heard of your CO's band, I'm not familiar with their music, so like I said, I totally would never have guessed if not for the super group thing! But I think it's cool that our COs are friends. Aww. :)

@HopelessRomantic2011 Yesss! So cute! And now I know who your old CO was haha You definitely have a type lol. But yeah, the only thing that bothers me about her is that she's like my age, meaning he's about 10 years older than her. But whatever, she seems sweet, and he almost never smiled in pictures until she showed up so it seems she makes him happy. 

(I'm just going to be shameless and promote my CO's band) But you should definitely try listening to them, just for the sake of finding new music. They are similar to your CO's band. And I'm sure you'd recognize at least one of their songs. 

Okay I'll stop making this about music now... haha

Edited by ParanoidAndroid1

4 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

@HopelessRomantic2011 Yesss! So cute! And now I know who your old CO was haha You definitely have a type lol. But yeah, the only thing that bothers me about her is that she's like my age, meaning he's about 10 years older than her. But whatever, she seems sweet, and he almost never smiled in pictures until she showed up so it seems she makes him happy. 

(I'm just going to be shameless and promote my CO's band) But you should definitely try listening to them, just for the sake of finding new music. They are similar to your CO's band. And I'm sure you'd recognize at least one of their songs. 

Okay I'll stop making this about music now... haha

No problem, I'll definitely check them out since I know my CO speaks very highly of them as well! And yes, I do have a type. :) My old CO was probably the reason why the marriage didn't work out since he's on his third wife right now. Hopefully, it'll work out for him this time though!

1 minute ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

No problem, I'll definitely check them out since I know my CO speaks very highly of them as well! And yes, I do have a type. :) My old CO was probably the reason why the marriage didn't work out since he's on his third wife right now. Hopefully, it'll work out for him this time though!

I find it interesting that we all seem to just want our COs to be happy and we all have an idea of what that is supposed to look like. Ideally that idea would involve us (or our alter-egos). These obsessions, for the most part, seem to come from a genuinely good-hearted place. I recognize that everyone experiences this differently, and that this may not be true for everyone, but this is just what I have witnessed in this community for the most part (a day and a half after joining lol).

Random obsessive thought: I would give anything to just sit down with him and play dungeons and dragons or video games or just discuss comic books (yeah I know I'm a total geek, he is too, that's part of the whole thing). One of the things about my CO is that I know we have similar interests. We like the same music, playing video games, reading comic books. When I first started watching interviews where he talked about his musical influences, the bands he mentioned were already some of my very favorite bands. It blew my mind. I am sure that if we met under normal circumstances we would be friends. That's the same for the rest of the band as well. They all remind me of my current friends. It's just weird. But he's married, and as a fan there is no normal circumstance for me to meet him or the rest of the band, so I just have to deal with it. 

1 minute ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

I find it interesting that we all seem to just want our COs to be happy 

I've just been sitting back watching, reading until now (welcome to the thread, by the way.) I couldn't let this line go that you just posted because it really doesn't apply to all.  I'm an anomaly here...me and maybe one or two others, but I love...truly love the man I refer to as my CO. If being happy for him means being with someone other than me, I honestly cannot truly be that unselfish. I don't owe that to anyone, even if the odds of him ever being with me are slim to none, I still want it. I'm not being critical of you for feeling differently, but OCD made me speak up...so please forgive me for that and carry on. 😊

1 minute ago, Audrey822 said:

I've just been sitting back watching, reading until now (welcome to the thread, by the way.) I couldn't let this line go that you just posted because it really doesn't apply to all.  I'm an anomaly here...me and maybe one or two others, but I love...truly love the man I refer to as my CO. If being happy for him means being with someone other than me, I honestly cannot truly be that unselfish. I don't owe that to anyone, even if the odds of him ever being with me are slim to none, I still want it. I'm not being critical of you for feeling differently, but OCD made me speak up...so please forgive me for that and carry on. 😊

Yeah I recognize that what I said doesn't apply to everyone, and I used the word "all" too hastily. I suppose I'm just happy to find a group of people who can understand the intensity of emotion I feel for my CO and got carried away.

17 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Yeah I recognize that what I said doesn't apply to everyone, and I used the word "all" too hastily. I suppose I'm just happy to find a group of people who can understand the intensity of emotion I feel for my CO and got carried away.

Ha!  I was happy to find that too...you're definitely not alone there!!   😉 

34 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

I find it interesting that we all seem to just want our COs to be happy and we all have an idea of what that is supposed to look like. Ideally that idea would involve us (or our alter-egos). These obsessions, for the most part, seem to come from a genuinely good-hearted place. I recognize that everyone experiences this differently, and that this may not be true for everyone, but this is just what I have witnessed in this community for the most part (a day and a half after joining lol).

Random obsessive thought: I would give anything to just sit down with him and play dungeons and dragons or video games or just discuss comic books (yeah I know I'm a total geek, he is too, that's part of the whole thing). One of the things about my CO is that I know we have similar interests. We like the same music, playing video games, reading comic books. When I first started watching interviews where he talked about his musical influences, the bands he mentioned were already some of my very favorite bands. It blew my mind. I am sure that if we met under normal circumstances we would be friends. That's the same for the rest of the band as well. They all remind me of my current friends. It's just weird. But he's married, and as a fan there is no normal circumstance for me to meet him or the rest of the band, so I just have to deal with it. 

Yup, it would be so great to just do an everyday, normal activity with them. In one of my little fantasies, my CO and alter ego spend a day at my favorite amusement park. I later found out that he and his wife did actually have a date at an amusement park, so I know it's something that he would do. :(

Random obsessive thought: I like looking at photos of my CO's parents. It's like "Aww, these are the people who made my CO! Bless them." 😁

6 minutes ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

Yup, it would be so great to just do an everyday, normal activity with them. In one of my little fantasies, my CO and alter ego spend a day at my favorite amusement park. I later found out that he and his wife did actually have a date at an amusement park, so I know it's something that he would do. :(

Random obsessive thought: I like looking at photos of my CO's parents. It's like "Aww, these are the people who made my CO! Bless them." 😁

Aw man, that must of hurt to see him basically playing out your fantasy but with his wife instead. Similarly I went to Universal Studios for the Harry Potter park and then about a month later he posts pictures of himself and his wife there. Like ugh... seriously? There is still something awesome about knowing they have similar interests to you though, it's like more evidence that you should be together. 

I also enjoy seeing pics of my CO's parents. There are pictures of him with his parents and its so cute! You can also kind of see who's side they take after too. 

9 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Aw man, that must of hurt to see him basically playing out your fantasy but with his wife instead. Similarly I went to Universal Studios for the Harry Potter park and then about a month later he posts pictures of himself and his wife there. Like ugh... seriously? There is still something awesome about knowing they have similar interests to you though, it's like more evidence that you should be together. 

I also enjoy seeing pics of my CO's parents. There are pictures of him with his parents and its so cute! You can also kind of see who's side they take after too. 

I wish we still had the "like" button here so that I could like this post! :) 

I've become obsessed with celebrities my entire life and I am 62 now.  What helps me is to try to transmute what I am experiencing into something good.  I pray for the people I am obsessed with.  I guess if I was an atheist or agnostic I would probably just send them "good vibes."  I  certainly try to turn my obsessions into something that might be a positive force. 

15 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Yeah it did seem pretty quiet compared to previous weeks looking back at them. I'm going on vacation tomorrow, but I'll definitely check back here when I get back!

So another thought... I was just looking at pictures of my CO, like I do every day, and I caught myself doing something that I realized I do a lot. I get very frustrated with him sometimes for just existing. Do you ever catch yourself practically yelling at your CO in your head, annoyed by how perfect they are? Like how dare they be so f***ing gorgeous and amazing! I just saw a picture of him and immediately thought, "F**k you! How dare you!" And then I get myself all worked up into some fit of frustrating unfulfilled longing, feeling like I'm begging him to just be real for me, in my life. These aren't violent thoughts and I'm not actually mad at him for existing, it's just frustrating that I want him so bad and he will never actually be there. I think these kind of emotions, along with the frequency of thoughts, are how I know this has crossed a line from crush to obsession. It's so hard to describe because it's not really love. I know what love feels like and this isn't it. I just don't know what it really is... feelings are confusing! 

Every dang day I think that, although I think it's more crush then obsession. He is gorgeous and has quite the attractive body too. I've seen him in a tight shirt and pants and man I liked what I saw.  I won't lie, the times I have met him I have snuck feels, prob touched most of him with the exception of off limit areas for obvious reasons (trying to stay pg here). I just can't help it, I mean I really have fantasies and it makes me nuts 😂  If I was not married, there would be attempts, not that it would be a success lol. I hate that I have this envy over woman who do get to be with him because I'd give my limbs to have that chance even if just once and I know I'll never get it.  Is it wrong to be a married woman to have this strong of an attraction to a CO? (Sorry about the large font. My browser or something is having formatting issues.  I can barely get this page to load). 

Edited by Javaaddict
Edits, spelling correction, other corrections

I wish had the courage in my own life to be more bold and live life to the fullest. I've always felt it was my job to make everyone happy and be a good witness to others and in my spiritual practice that is important.

I realize now that I've put myself in a box along with God and the older I get the more I realize He's trying to tell me that that is not how He operates nor how he wants me to operate and I'm just now learning that at 31 years old.

I also know that my jealousy towards a female singer had more to do with myself and being insecure and feeling like that my dreams weren't realistic because honestly though if all you hear are about the success of others you admire without knowing what it took to reach their dreams without the sacrifices they had to make in order to get what they wanted accomplished, everyone would be doing it if that was their dream.

I care too much what everyone thinks because we're taught that whatever we do is a direct reflection of how you're raised and it reflects on your parents. I'm not judging her but I would be more like an Adele type not Taylor Swift. I was feeling so insecure and bad because she's three years younger than me and thinking if only I would have stepped out and been bold maybe I wouldn't be here typing this to you all.

There are no guarantees in life and that's what's scary and exciting and that's why I admire people who go after what they want. Taylor Swift is the most successful artist of this past decade and because she is three years younger than me and was able through hard work and determination and sacrifice she made it and continues to use other people's criticism for her advantage whether you agree with her or not because honestly I would not want to use my fame to capitalize on the headlines the media would make about me and use their words to my advantage and call that a song but then to each her own and I'm glad that I still live in the real world where people shop at the grocery store and JCPenney.

Edited by urivgirl86

7 hours ago, Javaaddict said:

Every dang day I think that, although I think it's more crush then obsession. He is gorgeous and has quite the attractive body too. I've seen him in a tight shirt and pants and man I liked what I saw.  I won't lie, the times I have met him I have snuck feels, prob touched most of him with the exception of off limit areas for obvious reasons (trying to stay pg here). I just can't help it, I mean I really have fantasies and it makes me nuts 😂  If I was not married, there would be attempts, not that it would be a success lol. I hate that I have this envy over woman who do get to be with him because I'd give my limbs to have that chance even if just once and I know I'll never get it.  Is it wrong to be a married woman to have this strong of an attraction to a CO? (Sorry about the large font. My browser or something is having formatting issues.  I can barely get this page to load). 

I'm not married, but obviously being married doesn't automatically stop people from being attracted to people other than their spouse. I can understand why you might feel bad about it, but as long as you aren't talking about your CO to the point where it makes your husband uncomfortable or accidentally calling out your CO's name in bed (LOL), then I don't think you can really fault yourself too much for simply being attracted to him.

19 hours ago, Epictetus said:

I've become obsessed with celebrities my entire life and I am 62 now.  What helps me is to try to transmute what I am experiencing into something good.  I pray for the people I am obsessed with.  I guess if I was an atheist or agnostic I would probably just send them "good vibes."  I  certainly try to turn my obsessions into something that might be a positive force. 

This will come as no surprise to people in this thread who've known me for awhile, but your post made me think of a song I love. 

On 24/08/2017 at 5:05 PM, ParanoidAndroid1 said:

Do you mind me asking if you are in a relationship? I'm just interested in seeing how people deal with having a CO while being in a relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 years and I feel like I have this whole secret life he doesn't know about. 

Also yeah there is lots of slash stuff with my CO's band too. His band broke up a few years ago too so there's very little new fic out there. The fandom is still strong but getting distracted because they've been broken up for a while. I've been writing this hyper-violent zombie/vampire flick that's over 100 pages now with my CO and my alter-ego as main characters. Sometimes the horrific things that come out of my brain scare me haha

Yeah, I'm in a relationship. It makes me feel sad for my partner, he has no idea, but realistically, we shouldn't be together. No love, no sex, hardly any time together. Every time we talk we Biotch at each other. We have a house and a child together and I don't know how to end it. But that's another thread I guess. 

I feel that I'm obsessed with other guys because they are in this exciting life I don't have. I wonder sometimes if it's their lifestyle I want, musician, actor, living the dream type thing, and being around that kind of person. 

I'm in a real slump right now, coming out of writing a long story and just *needing* so badly to be with my CO and living that life. 

@Iwannabeme I can kind of relate to how you feel - being in a long term relationship with a declining feeling of 'spark,' being with the same person since I was young, being busy, less excitement in a mundane life, and loving the idea of having a more exciting line of work such as the arts and entertainment, and music. 

But if you really feel like you should not be together with your partner, maybe it is best if you ended it. My significant other and I had a good time together on a family getaway, and I know for a fact that I would not want to leave him for anyone or have an affair. 

This is weird, and I have asked it before- how can you tell if you have a CO or a CC (normal fun celebrity crush?) I had to backbutton out of Twitter just now- because CC#1 posted something that I did not want to see, and for some reason the push notifications were on, not off. He's typically been posting Trump rants as of late, so I've been lax about looking at Twitter's 'in case you missed it' posts by celebrities that show up if you have push notifications. 

Trump rants do not bother me, since I'm not a fan of our President either, but things about CC#1's personal life DO. :(

As soon as I glanced at the words, I knew it was something that would make me feel jealous. But I have been trying to convince myself he isn't a CO. If this is painful to me to see and I feel jealous of his wife, then does this make it a case of CO? If he were only a CC, I'd look at the tweet and photo about his wife without feeling bad or jealous, be happy with him, and even 'like' it. How do you draw the line?

I hope no one guesses who my crushes are- I hope I've been vague enough! There are LOTS of comedian actors. There are also a LOT of actors who rant against Trump on Twitter these days. I do hope no one has guessed!

Oh, and I've had crushes on long-dead celebrities, even historical figures as well! That is good to know that I'm not alone with that!

Edited by imalittleteapot