Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

@Audrey822I guess that's true. I have email tracking so I will know if the email is read. I'm still incredibly anxious about sending it.

I don't assume it's about my CO, I know it is. I've read about it on more than one site. I feel like it is my burden, that's the thing. I have lived vicariously through him...and now I have to deal with this. I will be so ashamed and heartbroken when this gets out. I will have nothing left anymore. I wish there was something I could do, but there's nothing that will make it go away.

Hopefully medication will do something. I need all the help I can get. Everyday is a nightmare. 

@scc ... Let's take this apart piece by piece.  

First of all, how do you know?  All you have to go on are blind gossip sites. Do you have reason to believe your CO has done what they've accused him of doing?  Do you have proof?  If not, why do you believe this about your CO?   You're falling into the trap that you're afraid others will fall into...playing right into the hands of those sleazy sites.  Just don't.  Those sites are garbage, and they're far from reliable.

However, occasionally a blind (pun totally intended) squirrel will find an acorn. Let's say they're right about your CO in this case.  You need to stop thinking that this is your burden.  It is not.  As I said in the previous post, your CO is an adult.  He is responsible for his own actions, as all adults are.  If there is any potential damage to his career, his PR team will take control and do what they can to minimize such damage.  Please know that numerous celebrities have overcome drug addictions, affairs, and other potentially damaging things they've gotten themselves into (this was pointed out to you yesterday.)  There's not much that a talented person can't overcome with the possible exception of overt racism.  Not even sexism or misogyny is as damaging as racism. If the last U.S. election is any indication, I'm not even sure racism is as damaging as it once was, but I don't want to get into politics here.  I'll just say, if your CO had made a racist comment, that would have already gotten out.   

I don't see what there is to be anxious about sending the email.  You won't be happy until you make his management team aware of this, so go ahead and do it.  The worst that can happen with that is they'll send you a snarky response, but so what?  At least you've let them know, and you can rest better knowing you've put the information in their capable hands.  There are many cases where I would not recommend sending such an email, but in your case, I think you should.  But once you send it, you have to let this go....breathe and relax. 

Edited by Audrey822

@Audrey822 I can't explain it. There's somewhat proof out there that could support it.

I sent the email, now I'm having regrets. I knew this would happen as soon as I sent it. I'm so anxious. I'm just waiting to see when it's been read and if there will be a response. 

Edited by scc

@scc,

You've done what you could and there isn't anything more you can do. I don't know who your CO is or what he did, but from what you said in other posts, it sounds to me like he cheated on his wife or partner. If he is in a Western country, I am pretty certain that he would be able to come back from that, (as long as the person he cheated with is a consenting adult).

Their response didn't make me feel much better, and it's obvious they didn't like getting my emails, but I did all I could. 

I hate that I let something like this take over my life. If I could go back to the time I discovered my CO, I would do what I could to stop the obsession there because I'm in too deep now. Seems impossible now. 

8 hours ago, scc said:

Their response didn't make me feel much better, and it's obvious they didn't like getting my emails, but I did all I could. 

I hate that I let something like this take over my life. If I could go back to the time I discovered my CO, I would do what I could to stop the obsession there because I'm in too deep now. Seems impossible now. 

Their attitude about it doesn't matter.  Maybe they're just not the most polite people on the planet, but the important thing is what you said that I highlighted:  you did all you could.   Now you can relax (please allow yourself to do that.)

Almost all of us in this thread understand how a CO can take over our lives in one way or another, so you're not alone there.  But it's time to give yourself a break about this.  

So I've started crushing on a new potential CO. I wasn't looking for a new one. It just happened! It doesn't mean that I'm completely over my other CO, but I don't see a problem with bringing in someone new for the summer (and maybe beyond). I'm currently drooling over his YouTube videos right now and the perfection of his face. 😍 Meanwhile, I haven't really thought much about the real life guy I'm supposed to be meeting tomorrow. I'm too busy mentally rearranging my current daydream/story to incorporate this new guy or maybe I'll just start a completely new storyline that's just about him...

Maybe I should mention this to my therapist next week.

7 minutes ago, scc said:

I wish I could find a new CO, I think that's the only way to slowly get over this one is to find a new obsession. But I can't see myself caring much about any other celebrity out there.

Honestly, I feel a little guilty when I read how dedicated some of you are to your COs and I'm always switching mine up. I have no idea what my lifelong CO tally is at this point but I'm sure it's up there!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I spent most of mine obsessing over my new CO, and now I feel like my old COs pale in comparison. Of course, I always feel this way when I get a new CO. :) But I also realized that my new CO reminds me of a CO I had 16 years ago, and maybe that's why I fell for him so quickly. I recently found out that the CO from 16 years ago is having some health issues (nothing life threatening), but he's changed a lot and can no longer sing the way he used to, which is sad. But I feel like I'm hearing him sing again through my new CO, which is nice. New CO also comes across as really intelligent and funny in interviews which is refreshing! He's not just a pretty face. So glad I "discovered" him! :)

1 hour ago, OpalP25 said:

@HopelessRomantic2011 Glad you're enjoying your new CO! He sounds very nice! :)

Nothing much for me to report on regarding my CO situation. At the moment I'm just getting myself organised for going abroad for this job... It's less than two weeks away now and I'm starting to get nervous!

Good to hear from you @OpalP25! I too would be nervous to travel to an unfamiliar place (did you say you've never been there before?), but I'm sure it'll be exciting and I hope all goes well!

6 hours ago, BlueStarr said:

@Audrey822,

Congrats on being a grandma! Do you know yet if it's a boy or a girl?

Thanks! No, not yet...her first doctor appointment is today in fact. I'll keep everyone here posted! 😊

3 hours ago, Audrey822 said:

Thanks!  

Update...due date is February 10! 

February will be here before you know it! :)

So I've started talking to my therapist about the whole CO thing. I don't know if she understood the extent of it and it may take longer than one session to really explain. I don't know if I would've brought it up if I hadn't just recently become interested in a new CO. I mean, she needs to know what's going on in my head and he is currently occupying my thoughts the majority of the time. It was definitely a little weird to discuss it with someone outside of this forum, but I feel ok about it. Just a little embarrassed! My new CO is an adult but his fans are mostly teenage girls, so I was telling my therapist that I feel like I'm acting like a teenage girl over him and that it wasn't "normal" for someone my age to act that way.

@HopelessRomantic2011 It took a while before I really felt my therapist understood how important my CO is to me and that I would not give that man up. She does now, and has for about a year. Just keep talking, and stand your ground on everything. You said you felt embarrassed (understandable, I did too at first.) Did she try to make you feel comfortable?