Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

Thank you for all your advise. Just so you know last nigth I shed a tears, the feeling that you wanted to meet this celebrity but its impossible we are to way across the country.  until I found this site red all the others same situation and as of now I've been relieve and trying to knock this non-sense thougths. this is my first time to felt this non-sense and i want to get back on my life again.. 

Thank you very much

4 hours ago, posie_riot said:

That's not weird at all, and I can relate. I felt that way to some extent after going to my CO's show in 2013. It is absolutely overwhelming, and I'm sure it's contributing to the post-show blues. It's weird to sort of relive such an intense experience, from a distance, through other people's photos. I can't put my finger on why, but something about what you said really registers with me. The moment is over for you, so it seems like it should be over for everyone. It's hard to process that it's "continuing without you". I don't think I'm articulating it well, but I know what you mean. 

I think you are articulating it perfectly. I am in jealous mode - I have had my moment, screw everyone else. I don't need to see numerous photos of him hugging other women. That Friday was a near perfect moment, he shouldn't be enjoying himself any more (I never said I was rational ?) 

4 hours ago, perfectcircle77 said:

I think you are articulating it perfectly. I am in jealous mode - I have had my moment, screw everyone else. I don't need to see numerous photos of him hugging other women. That Friday was a near perfect moment, he shouldn't be enjoying himself any more (I never said I was rational ?) 

"People" would say nothing about what we do here is rational.  So what?  They don't walk in our shoe...they're not living our lives. After spending the first 47 years of my life putting myself 2nd, I stopped living my life for anyone else in 2002.  My advice to you here:  ignore everything that is causing a negative reaction now to what was such a positive experience just a week ago.  Those other people in photos....stop looking at that!  Do whatever you need to do to make it go away:  block them, delete them, whatever.  Take care of YOU.  

On 11/06/2010 at 0:47 AM, bonkersinthenut said:

Just reading march baby's post, I thought I'd add that although my obsession with the last actor ended about three weeks ago (found out he was married, was totally devastated etc etc), today I found myself developing similar feelings for another actor who was a) in his prime in the 60's and b) has been dead for 20 years! It all started from seeing his photo in a book. Before I knew it I was on the internet, finding out his name and brooding over other photos. All the familiar feelings came rushing back but it is absolutely ridiculous. It's as if my mind just can't cope without one of these obsessions and will try to create one whether I like or not. Luckily this one can't come to much because he isn't alive!

Thank You posie.. now I'm in the process its hard but it should be

So I'm posting here to try and break some internet habits - avoidance is key right now. I'm feeling OK at the moment, sort of coming back to normal after these last few weeks. It's my birthday later this week and I'm trying to focus on having fun with friends around that (rather than the impending number or anything else for that matter).

So how is everyone else? Anything you're looking forward to in the next few months/2017?

@perfectcircle77 I'm glad you're feeling OK now. :hugs:Hope you have a lovely time celebrating your birthday! :Party_fest30:

Things have been pretty good and unproblematic for me lately with my CO. However, the inner turmoil I've experienced over the last couple of years about the career path I'm going down has really intensified over the last few days (this was triggered by something in particular that I did on Saturday). Maybe I'm having what they call a "quarter life crisis", but I feel like my ideal relationship and ideal career will always be the two things that I'll obsess and agonise over forever. 

Ok, this has been brewing for several months now but I think as of today, I have to officially say that the person who I've been referring to as my CO isn't really my CO. I mean, I still adore him of course, but...his brother is actually my CO. I can't have two COs, right? I have to choose. So fine! I'm making a choice here. Can't go back on it now. ?

Hi.  I'm new here.  I joined back in Dec, but have just now had the nerve to post.  I'm glad that I'm not alone in this CO thing.  I've been doing it for a long time and I'm glad I finally found this forum.  

My latest CO started in Dec and I thought I was finished with it, but it has resurfaced.  I know this CO is married and has been for a long time and even has kids and, of course, I feel jealous.  Why?   However, I don't think it's a happy marriage.  I looked at both their FB pages.  On his page, there is no mention of her at all.    On her page, he isn't even listed as one of her friends.  Actually there is hardly any mention of him on her FB in 1-1/2 years and she has not wished him happy birthday in the last 2 years whereas she had in the past.   There is also mention of a daughter on her page that is not his.  See I've really gotten obsessed.    Has anyone else done this?

I've tried to stop this, but decided, hey, its my fantasy and I can have it go anyway I want.  LOL.    The problem is sometimes it's all I think about and sometimes cannot concentrate on things.   I even dreamed about him last night because before I go to sleep is when I think about him the most.  He seems like such a kind and good person and I haven't been associated with many kind and good men.  He also always seems so sad.

There is a good chance I could meet this person as he is in a sport where the athletes are readily accessible to the fans.   I don't know if I should or not.  

How do I handle this?  Do I fight it or just let it burn itself out.    If I do that, which I probably will, it'll just rekindle again.   Sorry for such a long post.  Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the thread @arrivedlate! :)

Your CO's relationship with his wife does sound a bit strange, based on what you've said. It seems that most famous people have quite complicated love lives, and rarely end up in relationships that last. By the way, you're definitely not alone in having searched for information about your CO's private life. I think we've all done that. But it's never really a good idea...

If you're enjoying your fantasy and it's not causing you too much pain or difficulty, I don't think you should fight against it. Whether or not you decide to try to meet your CO is a hard decision to make. I suppose you need to consider what you want to get out of the experience, and whether you'd have any regrets about either meeting him or not meeting him.

Please don't apologise for writing a long post. Feel free to write as much or as little as you want here!

Hey guys. You probably don`t remember me, I wrote a few posts a few months ago but didn`t stay around. 

Anyways, I`ve been going through some stuff lately, which may be the reason why I`m back in this thread again. CO`s are one of my most effective coping mechanisms.

Also,I have a new CO.

I almost feel silly writing this because something`s clearly wrong with me. This isn`t funny at 25.

It`s only been a couple weeks since I started having those feelings again.

Same feeling - different face, as always. 

Here`s a short story. I used to like this show when I was younger, especially the character my CO played, but I wasn`t attracted to him, i just thought he was really talented. 

Over the years I had completely forgotten about him as I wasn`t even a big fan and didn`t even know his name, but then a few weeks ago I saw him again and that`s when all this madness has began.

I was looking for a new show to watch and as I was scrolling down the list I saw the cover of the show I knew he was in and even felt scared for a second. I almost told myself not to do it, not to take that chance. But I did. Now my life is in shambles but the show was great lel. 

I just find it funny that I had a feeling I would end up here as soon as I saw his face. 

What is it about some people that we find so irresistible? Now when I look back at my life I don`t think I`ve ever felt such a strong attraction for someone irl as I do for my CO`s. Has it not been for CO`s I would have never experienced such strong addictive feelings in my life. I`ve never appreciated someone`s beauty like that. Never been so possessive either.

Should we be grateful for that or try to fight it? I give in every time because it always feels so good at first. 

I can`t say my last CO is gone from my head, no, he`s very present, but this guy...

Maybe I was just trying to find something to inspire me to be a better person, a better version of myself. I don`t know why I tend to think that Co`s can provide that.

Hopefully it`ll all disappear as quickly as it appeared. 

Oh yeah, I should remind you that I`m not a native English speaker so if I sound weird you know what it is :)

5 hours ago, CrazyinLove said:

Hey guys. You probably don`t remember me, I wrote a few posts a few months ago but didn`t stay around. 

Anyways, I`ve been going through some stuff lately, which may be the reason why I`m back in this thread again. CO`s are one of my most effective coping mechanisms.

Also,I have a new CO.

almost feel silly writing this because something`s clearly wrong with me. This isn`t funny at 25.

It`s only been a couple weeks since I started having those feelings again.

Same feeling - different face, as always. 

Here`s a short story. I used to like this show when I was younger, especially the character my CO played, but I wasn`t attracted to him, i just thought he was really talented. 

Over the years I had completely forgotten about him as I wasn`t even a big fan and didn`t even know his name, but then a few weeks ago I saw him again and that`s when all this madness has began.

I was looking for a new show to watch and as I was scrolling down the list I saw the cover of the show I knew he was in and even felt scared for a second. I almost told myself not to do it, not to take that chance. But I did. Now my life is in shambles but the show was great lel. 

I just find it funny that I had a feeling I would end up here as soon as I saw his face. 

What is it about some people that we find so irresistible? Now when I look back at my life I don`t think I`ve ever felt such a strong attraction for someone irl as I do for my CO`s. Has it not been for CO`s I would have never experienced such strong addictive feelings in my life. I`ve never appreciated someone`s beauty like that. Never been so possessive either.

Should we be grateful for that or try to fight it? I give in every time because it always feels so good at first. 

I can`t say my last CO is gone from my head, no, he`s very present, but this guy...

Maybe I was just trying to find something to inspire me to be a better person, a better version of myself. I don`t know why I tend to think that Co`s can provide that.

Hopefully it`ll all disappear as quickly as it appeared. 

Oh yeah, I should remind you that I`m not a native English speaker so if I sound weird you know what it is :)

Your English sounds great to me! I understand how you feel. It's weird to have such strong celebrity crushes/infatuations/obsessions as an adult. But as you know, many of us are older than you and we've never stopped having them...in some cases, maybe the obsessions are even worse than they were when we were kids/teenagers. lol For me, I know that this has been happening the majority of my life and I don't really see it ever coming to an end. My mind has to obsess over something, and I don't know what that would be if I didn't have a CO. 

@HopelessRomantic2011 Thanks, I try lel

I know, I've accepted that this won't just dissappear with age. It's just that I understand it much better now and know that it's more of a coping mechanism than love. I can relate to what you said about having to obsess over something so much. I also have a very addictive personality, it still hasn't got the best of me but I find myself sinking deeper and deeper every year. 

I've had so many CO's in the past and they all hold a special place in my heart but now when I see their pic I don't feel that special connection that I used to anymore. I do feel like I know them because I do know so much about them, I feel as if they're all my friends that I haven't seen in a long time. It's weird, I wonder sometimes what attracted me to them in the first place.

I don't think I have anything in common with this new guy. Idk, he doesn't  talk about his personal life too much. Sometimes I feel like he's only saying things we want to hear. He seems like a good guy but I also dislike many things about him. Maybe this one won't last for that very reason but as of now I can't take my eyes off of him. I play his interviews on yt just to listen to his voice. I admire his confidence and hate it at the same time. I'm also jealous of the air he breaths lel.

I know my story seems so harmless right now but I've experienced some severe CO as a teenager that consumed my life and made me miserable for years. That's why I felt the need to talk about it with you guys just to try to understand it a bit more because back then it seemed like love but now I see that there's a pattern.

Maybe this is just our way of experiencing the strongest feelings of love there is. Are we simply addicted to that high? 

Edited by CrazyinLove

10 hours ago, CrazyinLove said:

@HopelessRomantic2011 Thanks, I try lel

I know, I've accepted that this won't just dissappear with age. It's just that I understand it much better now and know that it's more of a coping mechanism than love. I can relate to what you said about having to obsess over something so much. I also have a very addictive personality, it still hasn't got the best of me but I find myself sinking deeper and deeper every year. 

I've had so many CO's in the past and they all hold a special place in my heart but now when I see their pic I don't feel that special connection that I used to anymore. I do feel like I know them because I do know so much about them, I feel as if they're all my friends that I haven't seen in a long time. It's weird, I wonder sometimes what attracted me to them in the first place.

I don't think I have anything in common with this new guy. Idk, he doesn't  talk about his personal life too much. Sometimes I feel like he's only saying things we want to hear. He seems like a good guy but I also dislike many things about him. Maybe this one won't last for that very reason but as of now I can't take my eyes off of him. I play his interviews on yt just to listen to his voice. I admire his confidence and hate it at the same time. I'm also jealous of the air he breaths lel.

I know my story seems so harmless right now but I've experienced some severe CO as a teenager that consumed my life and made me miserable for years. That's why I felt the need to talk about it with you guys just to try to understand it a bit more because back then it seemed like love but now I see that there's a pattern.

Maybe this is just our way of experiencing the strongest feelings of love there is. Are we simply addicted to that high? 

For me, I would say that I'm definitely addicted to the "high" of having a CO. I'm a person who really doesn't get excited about too many other things in life. I can be pretty apathetic in general, so I do feel like having a CO is an emotional outlet for me. I don't consider it love either. I mean, it's fantasy love but I don't consider it to be real love. It's only what I've made up in my head. 

I like what you said about feeling like your former COs are old friends. I can relate to that. With me, I've spent so much time fantasizing about these people and learning everything about them, so it's not like I just completely forget about them. I don't have any negative feelings about the majority of my former COs, and I can understand why I originally fell for them. But I still always end up thinking that the formers pale in comparison to the current. I don't have anything in common with my current CO either, so I don't think we're soulmates or anything. We're probably as different as two people can be but I'm ok with that! :)

On 1/21/2017 at 5:10 AM, OpalP25 said:

Welcome to the thread @arrivedlate! :)

Your CO's relationship with his wife does sound a bit strange, based on what you've said. It seems that most famous people have quite complicated love lives, and rarely end up in relationships that last. By the way, you're definitely not alone in having searched for information about your CO's private life. I think we've all done that. But it's never really a good idea...

If you're enjoying your fantasy and it's not causing you too much pain or difficulty, I don't think you should fight against it. Whether or not you decide to try to meet your CO is a hard decision to make. I suppose you need to consider what you want to get out of the experience, and whether you'd have any regrets about either meeting him or not meeting him.

Please don't apologise for writing a long post. Feel free to write as much or as little as you want here!

Thanks for your reply OpalP25.   It felt good to finally express myself to others who would understand.  This is the first time I've mentioned this to anyone.  I wondered if my current CO was still married as you never see him with his wife nor does he mention her l like many others in the sport do.  Perhaps he likes to separate his professional and personal life.  But it really isn't any of my business is it.  LOL!   For now will enjoy the fantasy.   I'll see how I feel if I get a chance to meet him later in the year.   I can see myself in a lot of the posts here.  At least I know I'm not alone in this CO thing and have some place to go to express my feelings.

10 hours ago, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

For me, I would say that I'm definitely addicted to the "high" of having a CO. I'm a person who really doesn't get excited about too many other things in life. I can be pretty apathetic in general, so I do feel like having a CO is an emotional outlet for me. I don't consider it love either. I mean, it's fantasy love but I don't consider it to be real love. It's only what I've made up in my head. 

I like what you said about feeling like your former COs are old friends. I can relate to that. With me, I've spent so much time fantasizing about these people and learning everything about them, so it's not like I just completely forget about them. I don't have any negative feelings about the majority of my former COs, and I can understand why I originally fell for them. But I still always end up thinking that the formers pale in comparison to the current. I don't have anything in common with my current CO either, so I don't think we're soulmates or anything. We're probably as different as two people can be but I'm ok with that! :)

Yeah, it can't be real love. It's too pure and unconditional and you always crave that 'high'. But what is real love? Friendship and respect? I don't even know anymore. 

In real relationships you go through different stages of love but with CO's you have to constantly be IN love, and feel those butterflies. I'm not saying there aren't any stages in CO but in all of them you feel very attracted to that person. I don't think that's the case irl. Does anyone here love their CO but doesn't feel butterflies anymore? I do feel like I genuinely love my still current CO I initially told you about. And we do have things in common. I really care for him and am a big fan of his art, but rn I just feel more attracted to this new guy. 

I feel like in heaven rn which is weird af as I'm going through a bad break up with my bf of 6,5 years. I was constantly stressed out until the few days ago when I told him to leave the apartment. I don't know if this is finally the end but I felt so exhausted and miserable. I can't blame it only on him but my mental state rn can't take all the arguments and worrying. So since I've been alone I haven't cried, I didn't think about him almost at all. I asked for some time off and now I'm enjoying it fantasizing about this new CO. I feel like I'm in love.  I stare at his pics the whole day and everything I can think about is 'oh God, have mercy, this man is f-ing beautiful, how is this even possible...' and so on. Lel. And I know a few people who would say he's not only not beautiful but ugly lel. But there's also a fandom on the Internet that feels the same way I do, the only thing is, I think they're all underage. Lel

I guess I should just enjoy it while it lasts and really think deeply about my relationship. I didn't have a CO for the first time in my life the first 4 years of our relationship. That should be telling me something.

Edited by CrazyinLove

@CrazyinLoveCrazyinLove I think I have some problems with the forum reply system...anyway I already wanted to comment on one of your old post 'cause I felt some sort of connection to you. Now I know why...we have the same CO! It must happened sooner or later ?

I feel the same about that underage thing, sometimes I'd like to say them: He could be your father, for the sake of law and order! ?

Edited by Thel

Kidding apart, I agree with you about the definition of CO as a copy method. I am 10 years older than you but I think that the "CO system" come from the same problems. 

Sometimes I think that it's only admiration for his amazing work. Sometimes I think I'd like to have is life style, not really the money but rather the opportunity to travel around the world and meet interesting people. Other times I feel ashamed because I just get lost in his blue green (every shade of ocean, indeed) eyes.

But I also think we should take the best from these feelings. Thank him and his YouTube interviews, I improve my English so much that I could be in the running for a project of work abroad. From July to October I stayed in the country near his and I enriched my resume. 

Edited by Thel

2 hours ago, Thel said:

@CrazyinLoveCrazyinLove I think I have some problems with the forum reply system...anyway I already wanted to comment on one of your old post 'cause I felt some sort of connection to you. Now I know why...we have the same CO! It must happened sooner or later ?

I feel the same about that underage thing, sometimes I'd like to say them: He could be your father, for the sake of law and order! ?

Hahaha no way :D Are you sure? Are you talking about my main CO or this new one? I suppose the new one as he has those 50 shades of ocean the weirdest yet the most beautiful eyes on the world lmao. I'm crazy I know. Give me a hint and I'll confirm if you want to be sure.

My main CO is even older and the fangirl's comments are even more disturbing haha. They all call him daddy.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, CrazyinLove said:

Yeah, it can't be real love. It's too pure and unconditional and you always crave that 'high'. But what is real love? Friendship and respect? I don't even know anymore. 

In real relationships you go through different stages of love but with CO's you have to constantly be IN love, and feel those butterflies. I'm not saying there aren't any stages in CO but in all of them you feel very attracted to that person. I don't think that's the case irl. Does anyone here love their CO but doesn't feel butterflies anymore? I do feel like I genuinely love my still current CO I initially told you about. And we do have things in common. I really care for him and am a big fan of his art, but rn I just feel more attracted to this new guy. 

I feel like in heaven rn which is weird af as I'm going through a bad break up with my bf of 6,5 years. I was constantly stressed out until the few days ago when I told him to leave the apartment. I don't know if this is finally the end but I felt so exhausted and miserable. I can't blame it only on him but my mental state rn can't take all the arguments and worrying. So since I've been alone I haven't cried, I didn't think about him almost at all. I asked for some time off and now I'm enjoying it fantasizing about this new CO. I feel like I'm in love.  I stare at his pics the whole day and everything I can think about is 'oh God, have mercy, this man is f-ing beautiful, how is this even possible...' and so on. Lel. And I know a few people who would say he's not only not beautiful but ugly lel. But there's also a fandom on the Internet that feels the same way I do, the only thing is, I think they're all underage. Lel

I guess I should just enjoy it while it lasts and really think deeply about my relationship. I didn't have a CO for the first time in my life the first 4 years of our relationship. That should be telling me something.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a break up, but it's better to be single than to be in the wrong relationship. I'm the same way with looking at pictures and YouTube videos of my CO all day long. I'm sure my cat gets annoyed, but she still loves me. :)

Oh, and speaking of love, I found this video clip of my most recent ex-CO (LOL) talking about love around the 5:20 mark. He's so sweet. :) I'm attempting to put it behind spoiler tags so as not to offend anyone, so let's see if it works...

Edited by Waffles
Removed video IAW DF TOS.

3 hours ago, CrazyinLove said:

@Thel I just read through your former posts - nope, not the same guy! No wife's and baby boy's here. 

Only a pair of beautiful eyes lel. I guess they aren't as rare as one might think.lel

Oooh ok than he could became one of my CO friends... I don't know why, but they seem to have a sort of club: very talented, very reserved, very sexy but with a strange type of beauty, amazing eyes, amazing voice ?

Edited by Thel

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, HopelessRomantic2011 said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a break up, but it's better to be single than to be in the wrong relationship. I'm the same way with looking at pictures and YouTube videos of my CO all day long. I'm sure my cat gets annoyed, but she still loves me. :)

Oh, and speaking of love, I found this video clip of my most recent ex-CO (LOL) talking about love around the 5:20 mark. He's so sweet. :) I'm attempting to put it behind spoiler tags so as not to offend anyone, so let's see if it works...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO are you kidding me? Can't watch rn to see which one is talking about love but one of those men ruined my life when I was a teenager. Hahaha 

Edited by Waffles
Removed quoted video IAW DF TOS.

1 hour ago, Thel said:

Oooh ok than he could became one of my CO friends... I don't know why, but they seem to have a sort of club: very talented, very reserved, very sexy but with a strange type of beauty, amazing eyes, amazing voice ?

Damn I hate it when someone quotes me before I can edit my posts lel Now I look even more illiterate than I am lel. 

Yeah, I can't lie, I would love to know all of your CO's but I also don't want to share mine and respect everyone else's privacy.

I guess there's just more than a few amazing guys out there just waiting to become out next CO's lel.

Edited by CrazyinLove