Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

15 minutes ago, OpalP25 said:

Why do I get the feeling that the only reason they're "going their own way" is because no woman would go anywhere near them anyway! 

I get that feeling too, and it's probably because it's true!! ?

Responding to what you posted to @posie_riot... I think that's why so many people have affairs and/or get divorced....and they're likely to make the same mistake twice. ? The ones who stay married (like I did) probably stay for their kids...or nothing better has come along, so why make a radical change?  Now, if something better DOES come along (you know what that would have to be ❤️)....I'm gone. ??

Edited by Audrey822

@Audrey822 It's astounding just how many couples are unhappily married... One of my friends says her parents quite literally despise each other and don't have a civil word to say to one another - and yet apparently they have no plans to get divorced. Then there's couples like my parents, who would say they have a happy marriage and probably even believe it, even though they certainly have issues. Things actually seem to have have got worse between them lately, and I've sometimes wondered if they might be waiting until I've "properly" left home before reconsidering their marriage. But I doubt it... I think divorce is one of these things they're a bit snobbish about. Not that they disagree with it, but I know they at least slightly disapprove of it.

I find it sad that so many people have such low expectations in a relationship that they think it's normal to put up with so many difficulties. I suppose there's something to be said for having expectations that are too high...

21 hours ago, Audrey822 said:

@posie_riot  All true. 

Related (sort of) but I came across a phenomenon within the last year that might explain why so many young women find it difficult to have positive dating experiences in this present day.  Are you familiar with Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)? It's an anti-feminist men's rights movement, and it has a lot of young males swearing off of women. ? I'm not kidding at all.  These boys (I refuse to call them "men") believe all women are liars, cheaters, out to scam them of their hard-earned money after they marry and then divorce; they believe every woman thinks sex is rape, every woman hates men.  Scarier still is the concept of "Red Pill Wifery" that some of these boys want to push on young women (as if guys who have never bothered to date a real woman know better about what women want than women themselves do.?)  Reading what some of these boys have to say, I wouldn't consider them any loss for the female population (and I often tell them so...LOL!) but it is what it is.  

Here's a link to a couple of the websites...this stuff is all over reddit, too.

https://www.mgtow.com

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/red-pill-mens-rights-anti-feminist-group-who-know-what-women-want/

The testimonials on that mgtow site are cracking me up. There are some serious, deep-seated psychological issues going on in that community, so I probably shouldn't even be laughing. I'm curious to know how bad their relationships with their mothers are. 

4 hours ago, OpalP25 said:

@posie_riot I used to believe that most couples got married because they were so in love with each other that they couldn't imagine not spending the rest of their lives together... Now I'm realising it's more a case of "I get on well with this person, I can live with them without going crazy, I could do a lot worse". Which definitely seems like "settling" to people like us, but maybe not to people who haven't experienced the kind of intense feelings of love that we have.

One thing I wonder though, is how have most people avoided this obsessive want and need for romance? In books and movies, etc. we are bombarded by depictions of couples who are deeply in love. I know this has had a profound effect on me & is one of the main reasons why I've ended up in this situation. However, most of my female friends and family members also enjoy watching romantic films and reading romantic books. And yet they're quite happy to be in relationships that are obviously nothing close to the relationships of the fictional couples they admire. Maybe I've just bought into the whole idea of true love a bit too much...

@Audrey822 Ugh, I've heard about those disgusting creeps before... Why do I get the feeling that the only reason they're "going their own way" is because no woman would go anywhere near them anyway! :roll2:

Thankfully, I don't think I know anyone like that. Most guys at university seem to be either 1) normal, nice guys, 2) awkward, monosyllabic teenagers or 3) vulgar "Unilads" (ugh)!

I've bought into it all too. I really don't know, but maybe most people are too humble to think that the sort of love we dream about could ever happen for them. Even though I'm constantly experiencing intense self-loathing/self-punishment, I somehow also believe that I deserve a lot out of life. I think most people think it's just a lucky few who get to experience that "incredible love". I can't give up on the idea that I should be one of the lucky ones. 

If someone were to ask me what I would feel would be the thing that would feel like the greatest accomplishment on earth I would say that its being able to say you know what its like to feel every inch of you sweet body my sweetest Mila. I ache to touch you everywhere and I ache to hear you moan my name in ecstasy. I will make you feel better than any man ever has u promise you. I CRAVE YOU BABY

Public Service Announcement: the purpose of this thread is for DF members with a celebrity obsession to talk to each other...to tell our stories, and get support from each other when we need it.

It's not a thread to use for writing love notes to COs  (that they'll never read. Seriously.) 

It's especially not the place for spamming the thread with numerous love notes in succession. 

Thank you....that is all. 

I had too much to drink. I honestly don't even remember doing half of it. That was time I was supposed to be spending fixing my life with my girlfriend. I am scum and I don't deserve anything. I will try to delete these posts. I dont want them there any more than you do. I'd appreciate it though if you wouldn't try to **** my spirit as far as her seeing my stuff. I believe what I need to to stay sane and until I see physical proof that there isn't even a .0001% chance that she could be reading this..which she could..its a public page..i will keep my hope in my heart. All I ever do for other people on here is try to build them up to feel good enough for their CO cuz they ARE. chickening my spirit like that may as well be triggering me.

To everyone on the board, and Mila herself if she's out there..i am sorry for the drunken tirade, it wont happen again. I am truly ashamed.

@nothingatall7777 I think it might be a good idea for you to start writing about your feelings for your CO in a journal or something similar. This is something I've done before when I've been going through a difficult phase in my obsession - I liked to get all my feelings out on a piece of paper, then rip it into tiny shreds which I would then throw straight in the bin (through fear of anyone else possibly reading it). I found this helped me quite a lot. It would probably be a good thing for you to try when you have thoughts and feelings that you need to let out, but that aren't quite appropriate for this thread.

6 minutes ago, OpalP25 said:

@nothingatall7777 I think it might be a good idea for you to start writing about your feelings for your CO in a journal or something similar. This is something I've done before when I've been going through a difficult phase in my obsession - I liked to get all my feelings out on a piece of paper, then rip it into tiny shreds which I would then throw straight in the bin (through fear of anyone else possibly reading it). I found this helped me quite a lot. It would probably be a good thing for you to try when you have thoughts and feelings that you need to let out, but that aren't quite appropriate for this thread.

Agreed. I've done the same thing, and it's very therapeutic. 

I had too much to drink. I honestly don't even remember doing half of it. That was time I was supposed to be spending fixing my life with my girlfriend. I am scum and I don't deserve anything. I will try to delete these posts. I dont want them there any more than you do. I'd appreciate it though if you wouldn't try to **** my spirit as far as her seeing my stuff. I believe what I need to to stay sane and until I see physical proof that there isn't even a .0001% chance that she could be reading this..which she could..its a public page..i will keep my hope in my heart. All I ever do for other people on here is try to build them up to feel good enough for their CO cuz they ARE. chickening my spirit like that may as well be triggering me.

To everyone on the board, and Mila herself if she's out there..i am sorry for the drunken tirade, it wont happen again. I am truly ashamed.

I'm telling my girlfriend TONIGHT that I'm done with mila for good. I gotta fix this.

1 hour ago, nothingatall7878 said:

i hope alot of people post today so we can move on to a new page. i am seriously so embarrassed guys. I tried to delete them but it wont let me.

Did you create a new account....again?

A mod should be able to delete the posts. I've asked for you, but you could also ask for that, too.  

Edited by Audrey822

@nothingatall7878 I can understand how drinking too much led to you posting all that stuff. I remember once being a bit tipsy and ending up posting here after a bad, bad day. I just read back what I wrote that day and it's clear I was slightly hysterical... Won't make that mistake again lol!

I think telling your girlfriend you're done with all this is the right thing to do. It sounds like you really love your girlfriend and appreciate the relationship you have with her, and she feels the same way about you. You're incredibly lucky to have what you have... I'm going to be honest, because you've found a real-life partner who makes you happy, there's really no reason for you not to give up your CO.

8 minutes ago, OpalP25 said:

I'm going to be honest, because you've found a real-life partner who makes you happy, there's really no reason for you not to give up your CO.

That's what I always think too.  Some guys have all the luck.  I would certainly be very discreet (or maybe I would be able to give my CO up entirely)  if I had someone in my life I didn't want to lose.