Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

@OpalP25 

I don't know if in some cases it's also a bit of a case of trying to suck up to the celeb, like saying "look at me, I think your relationships's fantastic, I'm such a great fan!

Oh yes, it's most definitely sometimes that. Especially amongst the groupies who seem to like to complete for the non-existent #1 Fan award. There is a lot of living through the celebrity in my CO's fanbase, I think, and I know it's the same in every fanbase. The celebrity's happiness = their happiness, which sounds more noble than it is. Really they just want the celebrity to have as interesting of a life as possible because it results in more entertainment for them. 

Edited by posie_riot

2 hours ago, posie_riot said:

I truly feel like at least a 30% of the pain I felt came from the shock factor of me having no clue what was going on. By not really knowing what was going on, I was free to make my own speculations.

I don't think I need to elaborate how much like my story this is.  Anyone who's followed the thread up to this point knows my story, and this is 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, nothingatall7777 said:

I'm so scared to watch the whole movie but now that I've had a taste, how can I not?

I'm glad it went well for you so far...I hope it continues to be trigger-free when you watch the rest.  I didn't get the feeling it would be a troublesome movie from the trailers.  There seemed to be only women in that movie (except for the child who plays her son.)

1 hour ago, OpalP25 said:

I also find it really strange when fans are really excited about their favourite celebrity being in a relationship, or about the idea of them being in a relationship! I suppose because they know they don't really have a chance with the celeb themselves, they want to live precariously through their partner, like you say. I don't know if in some cases it's also a bit of a case of trying to suck up to the celeb, like saying "look at me, I think your relationships's fantastic, I'm such a great fan!".

All fans are not equal.  We're not "garden-variety" fans of our COs.   We're more than fans.  The other people to whom you refer like the celeb because of what he (or she) does.  

How many times have you seen someone post in this thread that it wouldn't matter if their CO had the most mundane job in the world....that person posting would still love him (or her)?  That's how I feel about my CO.  

In an earlier post today I mentioned how different it is for me as a fan of EWF or my sports teams.  I'm friends with Verdine White's wife on FB.   I'm very happy for the continuing success of their marriage, and they look very nice together (I've said so to his wife on quite a few occasions.)   I also mentioned how much I enjoyed seeing the adorable (NL-MVP!) Kris Bryant on the Cubs.  

Kris-Bryant-National-League-MVP.jpg

Yeah, KB is young enough to be my son, so hearing he's getting married during the off-season doesn't bother me in the least.  He's very nice eye candy;  it doesn't matter how old he is or whether he's available.  I'm just looking.  But my CO?  That a whole different ... um, ball game (see what I did there? ? Yeah, I know....that was lame.)

My CO is not like EWF or KB...I love him in a much different way.  If he wasn't a guitarist in a band and a very talented singer-songwriter with an amazing voice, I would still love him.  I would love him if he was a Wal-mart greeter, and I'd find a reason to go to Wal-Mart every day.  ❤️

Anyway, that's the difference between you and those other fans speaking about your CO.  

"All you ever care about is celebrities." Actual quote from my mum today during a huge argument.

This comment, among others she made has really angered and upset me.

I think it's really obvious that she has never really understood what it's like to have such strong feelings towards a celebrity or my entire mental state in general.

I've never hidden that I'm obsessed with them, but to say that's all I ever care about is wrong. She knows how bad my obsessions get, she's watched me go through a few of them, but it's never come to the point when that's all I care about. So I feel that comment was harsh, I did reply with something like "maybe because they make me happy." and they really really do and right now, since the start of our argument my CO has been a huge help for me, but even they aren't making me feel any better after our argument.

The argument has caused us to not be speaking at all and I don't see that changing any time soon, not because of that comment as such but the argument we had was just huge and I really don't see a repair in the future.

I feel so down but more annoyed and I really don't want to live in this house with her anymore but unfortunately I'm not in the position financially to leave, I feel I'm more of a guest in my own house at the moment. I don't wanna rant on here because it'll go on forever but I just wanted somewhere to rant about that comment.

@Audrey822 I don't know about the female fans of @OpalP25's CO, but I wouldn't quite put you in the same category as my CO's groupies with your love of EWF or thinking Kris Bryant is attractive. My CO has female groupies who gawk at him, follow him around to shows, try to meet him/get hugs from him, know his every move, act like he's the best thing since sliced bread, and somehow still don't experience jealousy when he gets into a relationship. They jump for joy when he starts dating someone. It's obvious that they're (in a different way) just as obsessed as me, and it's obvious that there's some sort of serious "crush" going on, but they don't still don't get jealous or upset. They seem to know with certainty that they'll never date him so they're more concerned with trying to become his friend, even though they'd love to date him should the opportunity arise. I never expected to date my CO either, but unlike his other fans, that fact upsets me and makes me feel insecure/insignificant. 

1 hour ago, SophieViolet95 said:

"All you ever care about is celebrities." Actual quote from my mum today during a huge argument.

This comment, among others she made has really angered and upset me.

I think it's really obvious that she has never really understood what it's like to have such strong feelings towards a celebrity or my entire mental state in general.

I've never hidden that I'm obsessed with them, but to say that's all I ever care about is wrong. She knows how bad my obsessions get, she's watched me go through a few of them, but it's never come to the point when that's all I care about. So I feel that comment was harsh, I did reply with something like "maybe because they make me happy." and they really really do and right now, since the start of our argument my CO has been a huge help for me, but even they aren't making me feel any better after our argument.

The argument has caused us to not be speaking at all and I don't see that changing any time soon, not because of that comment as such but the argument we had was just huge and I really don't see a repair in the future.

I feel so down but more annoyed and I really don't want to live in this house with her anymore but unfortunately I'm not in the position financially to leave, I feel I'm more of a guest in my own house at the moment. I don't wanna rant on here because it'll go on forever but I just wanted somewhere to rant about that comment.

:( 

I can relate to the part I bolded. I also have a lot of experience with my parents not being as supportive about my "issues" as they could be. My dad is just clueless and we hardly speak (bad relationship going back to early childhood) and while I consider myself to be close with my mom, she definitely doesn't understand me where my mental health issues are concerned. I often think that the reason why there's so much tension between me and my parents is that I'm at an age now where I should be on my way out of the house, but I'm nowhere near that point. I'm being forced to spend all my time with people who I probably wouldn't choose as friends (harsh, but true). When I say I'm "forced", mostly what's happening is that I'm being held back in life by the same anxiety that 1) was partly caused by them and 2) was never dealt with by them when I was a kid. I know I have to take responsibility for myself and my own life now and that terrifies me. 

So, anyway, I can relate. I'm sorry I don't have anything uplifting to say. Of course you don't only care about celebrities. That was a silly comment she made. The average person just doesn't understand people like us. These celebrities are, in many cases, a coping mechanism of sorts for other issues. My CO gave me a lot of happiness as well as a sense of purpose and reason to go on. He was very inspirational to me and if it weren't for the big breakdown of 2016 (following "The News"), I think I could've credited him for leading me in a positive direction in life. He saved me, in a way. 

@SophieViolet95 I'm not siding with your mother, but just suggesting that looking at it from a different perspective may help. I've heard that same comment from my mother about my football team. I have always been very obsessed with them, but at no time were they "all" I cared about. When she'd say that, it angered me too. But I've been guilty of saying a similar thing right here on this board about my husband with regard to his obsession with video games. I've said that out of frustration, it's not a comment to be taken literally. For instance, I know he's passionate about his profession (insurance) and he loves our sons very much. But I get frustrated when all he does at home is play video games, and I've been known to complain that it's "all" he cares about. 

I agree with you though, that your mom probably cannot relate to the way we feel about our COs. Unless someone shares our experience, they don't tend to understand us.

I hope you and your mom can mend fences soon. :hugs: 

39 minutes ago, posie_riot said:

@Audrey822 I don't know about the female fans of @OpalP25's CO, but I wouldn't quite put you in the same category as my CO's groupies with your love of EWF or thinking Kris Bryant is attractive. My CO has female groupies who gawk at him, follow him around to shows, try to meet him/get hugs from him, know his every move, act like he's the best thing since sliced bread, and somehow still don't experience jealousy when he gets into a relationship. They jump for joy when he starts dating someone. It's obvious that they're (in a different way) just as obsessed as me, and it's obvious that there's some sort of serious "crush" going on, but they don't still don't get jealous or upset. They seem to know with certainty that they'll never date him so they're more concerned with trying to become his friend, even though they'd love to date him should the opportunity arise. I never expected to date my CO either, but unlike his other fans, that fact upsets me and makes me feel insecure/insignificant. 

I wonder if those girls are trying to impress each other...trying to see which one can "score" that hug from your CO, even though that hug wouldn't mean anything close to what it would mean to you. To me, what you're describing about them is the true definition of "celebrity obsession" -- celebrity obsession is not really what we experience. And they're not in love. 

10 minutes ago, Audrey822 said:

I wonder if those girls are trying to impress each other...trying to see which one can "score" that hug from your CO, even though that hug wouldn't mean anything close to what it would mean to you. To me, what you're describing about them is the true definition of "celebrity obsession" -- celebrity obsession is not really what we experience. And they're not in love. 

You're spot on with this. And yes, this is what I think of when I think of "celebrity obsession", which is not what we on this thread experience. I can't relate to them at all. I actually fell in love with my CO (as ridiculous as I know that sounds), so this whole "groupie" thing is practically foreign to me. I used to think I had more in common with people like that than I actually do. 

@posie_riot 

I can also relate to what you've said too. My mum often makes comments about how I don't bring money into the house and how I get everything for free. The only reason I'm even looking for a job now is because I sort of felt pressured into it by the comments my mum makes but now I'm only really doing it for me as I need money for myself and I literally have nothing.

Me and my mum never really have got on ever since I was about 12/13/14 and I refused to go to school. She was the one that made me stay in my room and never made the effort to speak to me (which is basically what's happening now), and it's when my anxiety started. I always got on with my dad better (though he just went along with the punishment I received.) but I don't speak to him anymore so I can't really get any help from him or anything.

@Audrey822

In frustration, I have said "I don't care." but that's about things in general, though I've never once said "I don't care about you."

The argument was caused by something very silly but it's gone way past being friends right now. I'm sure deep deep deep down she said it out of anger, but she said a lot of things that has upset me.

And Thank You :hugs:, maybe soon we'll be friends but I really struggle to see that at the moment.

@SophieViolet95 Take it from me, a daughter and a mom....parents don't always recognize their power to hurt.  I had a miserable relationship with my mother.  There was nothing anyone could say to her that she would listen to (she had classic narcissistic personality disorder, and probably borderline, too.)  But even good parents struggle.  Our role has to change at some point in our children's lives...and that change doesn't come easy.  When children come into our lives, our role is to nurture and shape the little ones into decent self-sufficient adults.  That requires a certain amount of discipline at times....but obviously, a parent has to recognize (or be told by their children!) that it's time to let that go; it's time to allow them to make their own decisions and their own mistakes (and learn from them.)  We have to recognize when we can no longer tell them what they can and can't do.  And it's not easy, trust me.  We don't always realize our power to hurt with words ... words that were acceptable when our children are young and need our discipline, but no longer acceptable when they're adults.  Those same words can then cause anger and resentment at that point in the relationship between parent and son/daughter. 

Your mom is probably a good person, unlike mine.  I'm telling you this because I understand your resentment (I really do!) but I also want to ask you to cut your mom some slack.  Her role isn't easy right now.  

Edited by Audrey822

16 hours ago, OpalP25 said:

@Audrey822 I think I know why the social media stuff's been causing me more difficulty lately. Until around a year ago, there was only really one account I'd regularly look at on Twitter, an unofficial fan account of my CO. The person running the account used to post loads of info, pics, videos, etc, and there was never anything I saw there that caused me any sort of pain.

However, this year she has been posting a lot less than she did before. There was also a time this summer when she was constantly tweeting in support of another player from my CO's country, and seemed to be very much in favour of him overtaking my CO in terms of career achievements. Now I know that wasn't really the case and that she just wanted both of them to have as much success as possible. But I was finding the constant reminders of how much more luck the other player was getting compared to my CO more than a little hard to take.

So my focus has shifted more towards the personal Twitter accounts of a group of people, mostly women, who are all fans of my CO. And I think that's where the trouble really started for me - they love speculating about his personal life. And now it's the off-season and they have nothing much else to talk about, that's what a lot of their discussions are revolving around at the moment. I know that's what's been causing me all this anxiety lately.

I hope I can go back to relying on the unofficial fan account, otherwise giving this stuff up altogether might be the only solution.

I had to stop following a lot of fan accounts this summer, not to do with speculation of relationships but just because their constant attempts at attracting attention and just the general Biotchiness that surrounded them was too much for me. When they got attention, I felt jealous and the rest of the time, I just saw them as rather needy. They are definitely competing with each other as to who can get the most likes from my CO (or other members of the show), or a reply from them.

I've been thinking a lot about other fans recently. As the rest of you do, I often feel out of place amongst the fans because I just think, "In 2/3 years, when their show is over, you will move on." Most of them are teenagers and I've seen a few comments that are pretty disparaging about older fans. But there has also been a lot of drama about a particular fan (not of my CO, but of someone else on his show) who has attracted the name stalker. I find myself really feeling for this particular woman. I don't know how far she's gone, it seems she has indeed crossed a line at times, but there are times when I think, "There but for the grace of God." In the past I've done some pretty stupid things to try and get the attention of my then obsession, some that would border on, if not quite cross the line of, stalker. 

I love and hate social media. I love it when he's active and I can see new photos, find out what he's doing each day, but I hate it when he's quiet (like he is now and has been for a while outside promo for tour dates) because then I just have that obsessive need for info which is not being given and it's easier to look at the social media of other fans, even though I know that way lies madness. 

I agree with @Audrey822 about all fans not being equal. Most fans of my CO's show have a favourite of the four. One of them is married and fans, myself included, love when he posts pics with him and his wife or his little girl. Most fans are like that, I think. (I have a tendency to take it one step further in mind because obviously I would totally be friends with this woman and we'd raise our kids as friends too)

@SophieViolet95 - I'm sorry to hear about the argument with your mum and I hope that eventually it can be resolved. In the meantime, :hugs:

@Audrey822

My mum is a great person and she's put up with a lot over the last few years. She's done everything for me that tbh, my dad hasn't bothered to do and I am always grateful for that. She has basically let me live at home for free and though I know she isn't happy about that, she's let it. I'm sure that what she said was out of frustration and she probably didn't mean it quite as much as she sounded to.

I love her and always will but there are just times like this that it's hard for me not to dislike her sometimes and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

@perfectcircle77

Thank you! I think the argument could be sorted after all. After yesterday I believe it couldn't but maybe we can try, it's a new day after all. :grinning:

Anyways, sorry about ranting everyone. :grinning:

I guess there probably are three types of fan:

1) People who appreciate the celebrity for their work

2) People like us who have genuine feelings for the celebrity

3) Those using the celebrity and their personal life as a form of entertainment

When you fall into category 1, I don't think there's anything wrong with being happy for a celeb for when they get married/have children. I know I've felt pleased for celebs I admire when they've experienced these milestones in their lives (although nowadays I feel a bit sad at the thought that they could be someone's CO).

But category 3 is where the majority of my CO's fans fall into. They're definitely obsessed with him - judging from the frequency by which they write about him online, they must spend a large amount of their time thinking about him, just as I do. And judging from the content of their posts, they obviously fancy him a lot. So it confused me at first how people who clearly have a strong romantic obsession with him, could spend so much time speculating about his love life and gossiping about which female celebrities they think he should date?

Though based on what the rest of you have said, these sorts of fans aren't uncommon. I'm pretty sure that most of the fans of my CO are just bored, and that's why they have this obsession. They're either unemployed or in jobs they hate, and they're either single or in an unsatisfactory relationship. I think they like the combination of following my CO & his career, trying to get his attention, and most of all, the social aspect of interacting with other fans. Dating him definitely isn't a goal for them, as much as they'd like it to happen.

@audrey822 I'm scared they're gonna try to have her find somebody at the end of the movie. That would be my luck. I'd get traumatized right at the end. I may just stick to the clips and protect my ignorance I dunno. I know if there is anything like that going on its all FAKE and there is no real kiss! I'll never believe that, it hurts too much.

Thank god my brain is giving me a little bit of a break today. I couldn't focus on ANYTHING yesterday!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I cant stress enough..please don't allow yourself to believe some celebrity is better suited for your CO than you. That is not for the world or media to decide. Also, all of this crap that goes on in silver spoon land..its all so far away for most of us..believe what you want! Chances are, well never see proof of anything otherwise as long as we aren't careless when getting close to media lie territory. Believing what I choose to believe..its a big part of what has kept me somewhat attached to my sanity.

1 hour ago, SophieViolet95 said:

@Audrey822

My mum is a great person and she's put up with a lot over the last few years. She's done everything for me that tbh, my dad hasn't bothered to do and I am always grateful for that. She has basically let me live at home for free and though I know she isn't happy about that, she's let it. I'm sure that what she said was out of frustration and she probably didn't mean it quite as much as she sounded to.

I love her and always will but there are just times like this that it's hard for me not to dislike her sometimes and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Anyways, sorry about ranting everyone. :grinning:

Don't apologize for ranting...that's why we're here:  to support you.  :hugs:

To the part I highlighted in your quote:  there are times like that in almost every relationship....especially one that puts two people under the same roof.  You're blessed to have a great mother....cherish that. :icon12:

21 minutes ago, nothingatall7777 said:

@audrey822 I'm scared they're gonna try to have her find somebody at the end of the movie. That would be my luck. I'd get traumatized right at the end. I may just stick to the clips and protect my ignorance I dunno. I know if there is anything like that going on its all FAKE and there is no real kiss! I'll never believe that, it hurts too much.

You should probably stop (I'm not saying that because I know something...I don't.  I still haven't seen it.  I'm saying that just because we all need to stay where it's safe.)  Let the rest of it go and enjoy what you've seen so far.  It's not unlike social media...you have to discipline yourself to know when you've seen enough, before it's too late. 

1 hour ago, OpalP25 said:

3) Those using the celebrity and their personal life as a form of entertainment

<snip>

But category 3 is where the majority of my CO's fans fall into. They're definitely obsessed with him - judging from the frequency by which they write about him online, they must spend a large amount of their time thinking about him, just as I do. And judging from the content of their posts, they obviously fancy him a lot. So it confused me at first how people who clearly have a strong romantic obsession with him, could spend so much time speculating about his love life and gossiping about which female celebrities they think he should date?

Though based on what the rest of you have said, these sorts of fans aren't uncommon. I'm pretty sure that most of the fans of my CO are just bored, and that's why they have this obsession. They're either unemployed or in jobs they hate, and they're either single or in an unsatisfactory relationship. I think they like the combination of following my CO & his career, trying to get his attention, and most of all, the social aspect of interacting with other fans. Dating him definitely isn't a goal for them, as much as they'd like it to happen.

red-up-arrow-png-0.png

THAT is the perfect description of celebrity worship syndrome. 

Celebrity Worship Syndrome is not how I would describe what we have....unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't make a distinction between #2 and #3....but we know better. 

Edited by Audrey822

25 minutes ago, Audrey822 said:

Celebrity Worship Syndrome is not how I would describe what we have....unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't make a distinction between #2 and #3....but we know better. 

It's too late, we're too far gone in this thread to make such a major change...and typing "CO" is shorter than what I'm about to suggest...but instead of "CO", which is supposed to be shorthand for the object of our "celebrity obsession," which too often gets confused with Celebrity Worship Syndrome ...I think a better term to describe what we're going through would be "Unrequited Love for a Celebrity."   Those of us who spend a lot of time here realize that's what WE mean when we type "CO" anyway. 

Mini-rant:

If you Google the term "celebrity worship syndrome" you will find that it does indeed cover what we go through. See the blog entry I posted back in early September:

https://helpforcelebrityobsession.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/celebrity-worship-syndrome/

As I mentioned, I got that information from Wikipedia, but the same description for CWS shows up on other websites as well.  I don't know who was responsible for defining it, but I'll go out on a limb and guess it was some mental health professional, or a whole team of them.  

Here's what I know from having discussed this topic in therapy for almost 2-1/2 years:  mental health professionals do not differ from the rest of the world when it comes to misunderstanding this.  I love Miss Therapist; she's done great things for my mental health in many ways.... but she doesn't "get" this.  Neither does my psych doc (in a discussion about my alter-ego I had with him last year, he asked me if my alter-ego had any super powers...yeah, she married my CO. ❤️ That's definitely a super power if you ask me!! ??? LOL  But of course I just told my psych doc "no.")

I'm convinced that the only people who really understand this are those who are already here or those who would be a good fit for this thread....specifically meaning, those out there (and in here) who are literally going through it.  If you're already in therapy, or are thinking of going at some point, and you plan on discussing this in therapy, cut your therapist a little slack.  He or she isn't the only one who doesn't understand, so help him/her to understand it.  Eventually, maybe the mental health community will come around to see this for what it is.  It is not classic "Celebrity Worship Syndrome" (see #3 in @OpalP25 's post.)  It is unrequited love for a celebrity.  No one can convince me that we do not love these men and women we talk about here.  Our COs don't know what they're missing. 

Rant over.  

Edited by Audrey822

@Audrey822 Yes, those fans of my CO definitely fall into the "entertainment-social" area of Celebrity Worship Syndrome. They're certainly not stalkers (except online) and they have no delusional beliefs. I suppose their obsession doesn't really cause them or anyone else any problems, and therefore there's nothing wrong with it. Still, I don't like their endless speculation about his love life. What makes it worse is they'll often end these long gossipy discussions by saying something like "I wish the media would stop being so nosy about his private life" or "Anyway, it's certainly none of our business!" :roll2:

@SophieViolet95 I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about the situation with your mum. :hugs: It sounds like she's trying her best for you, but maybe she doesn't really understand what you're going through with your anxiety. Mental health issues are so misunderstood in general, so it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

My dad has always been a bit emotionally distant, so my relationship with him is quite strained at times. He is a good dad, but I can't deny that I feel bothered and disappointed by some of the things that go on at home. I'm very lucky that I have a lovely mum (who I'm probably too emotionally dependent on tbh). But she doesn't always understand what I'm going through. For example, when I was having a really tough time over my CO this summer, she completely misunderstood why I was upset. Of course I couldn't explain to her the real problem, so I just ended up in an awful mood every time she tried to help...

Families are so difficult, aren't they! I guess we just have to make the best of them all the same.

I'm going to have to be the odd woman out here and say that I don't think that what I've felt for any of my COs is LOVE. Infatuation? Yes. Lust? Definitely! Admiration? Of course! But I can only be in love with the idea of who I imagine them to be since I don't really know them. I know what they've allowed me to know about them and what I've been able to discover on my own, but that's not the same as really knowing them. I definitely think it's an obsession in my case considering how much time I spend engaging in activities related to them and how much money I have spent (and would spend) just to see them live in concert. But for me, I don't feel that I'm in love with them. I don't think it would take very much for me to get there under the right circumstances, but I won't say that I'm there right now. And that's ok for me. What I do feel for them is something that makes me happy, so it's a good thing.

I believe I fit in all three categories in one way or another. I definitely appreciate Steven, I do have feelings for him, mostly of respect, and I use his life as a form of entertainment with my maladaptive daydreaming. Maybe a touch of Celebrity Worship Syndrome?

Unrequited love? Definitely the story of my life. Too much of that and not enough love received to make me feel good about myself or life.

Steven isn't that big of a celebrity. I haven't run into any people who can say they're fans of his, nor have I run into any fan forums about him. The comments I read about him are 97% negative. Sure, people like him because he went through his kidney transplant ordeals, others because he's a fashion guru...but I love everything about him. His voice, his smile, his wardrobe, his sense of humor...I love it all. From that love grew an outstanding amount of respect. I often called him the closest I'll get to meeting God, and that's why his rejections hurt so much. It feels like I've been rejected by God again. I admit, I did put him on a very high pedestal. But the way he's touched my life, I believe he deserves it.

BTW, I haven't sent the letter I wrote to him. @posie_riot and @Audrey822, you're right. I'm not ready to face the possible ramifications. It scares me too much. But I might share it here just to put it out there in the universe.

@HopelessRomantic2011 I completely understand why you don't feel you can say you love your COs. I do believe I love my CO, because I feel a special connection to him as a person. However, I had four pretty major COs before this one and, although I had very strong feelings for them, I certainly wasn't in love with them. I never had the opportunity to really discover what any of them were truly like, which I have had with my current CO (at least to a certain extent).

"Unrequited love" and "celebrity obsession" are probably both pretty apt terms for what I'm experiencing. While I believe I have genuine feelings for my CO & that we'd have a successful relationship, there is definitely a strong obsessive element to this whole thing. But I don't think it's got anything to do with him being famous (although that does make him unattainable, which seems to be the main thing I go for in a man, lol). I have had obsessions with guys I've known too, which were really just the same thing as my celebrity obsessions. The only difference is that I never experienced true rejection from the celebrities...

@fabulousrockstar

11 hours ago, fabulousrockstar said:

Unrequited love? Definitely the story of my life. Too much of that and not enough love received to make me feel good about myself or life.

What you said here is so sad but so true. I think to a certain extent all of us here feel like we're not worthy of loving someone and being loved in return. And that's why we continue to pine over people who are completely unattainable.

@fabulousrockstar

Too much of that (Unrequited love) and not enough love received to make me feel good about myself or life. 

I agree.

By the way, if you feel like sharing that letter, I look forward to reading it.

@OpalP25

I think to a certain extent all of us here feel like we're not worthy of loving someone and being loved in return.

You are worthy. All of us are. And these COs of ours would be lucky to have us. How many people do they actually know who shower them with as much devotion and attention as we do?