Celebrity Obsession - Help or Support

@LibraLady1962 you are Absolutely disgusting! How dare you talk about people on this board the way you have. You know nothing about they're personal lives or that what they may have been dealing with that has lead them to be here in the first place. There are people on here that are the most amazing people I have ever met. If it hadn't of been for my CO I would have never have met them. So please take you judgement and do one. I haven't been On this board for so long but I am literally shaking with anger from your post. I have a life, I have a job, family and a CO. I have ups and downs like everyone else. My CO has helped me cope with so much over the past years that you would never understand. Please if you have nothing nice to say then leave, because the lovely people on this board don't need to be insulted. 

To everyone else, I haven't been on here for a while, but this post made me so upset that someone could insult us all like this I had to respond! 

I hope everyone is ok? i have been keeping up via email as best I can with all the posts. And you are all so brave to post your COs I'm not sure I would have done the same.

sorry I had to respond to this post because it made me feel ill with what she wrote.

@LibraLady1962 I have no idea why you think people here have been "putting you down". You came here looking for help because you said you were going through the same thing as the rest of us, and we tried our best to make you feel welcome and offer good advice. No one here has ever insulted you or been dismissive of your problems, so you have absolutely no excuse for saying such vile things about us.

Just because you feel comfortable revealing your CO, that does not mean there is an obligation for any other member here to do the same (especially as your CO is a world famous celebrity, and most of ours aren't.) It's a very personal choice. We all respected the choice you made, but you've refused to respect other people's choices. If you ever wanted to fit in here, you should have been supportive towards the rest of us. On this forum, we help each other, rather than insulting each other.

And for the record, I don't spend all my time living in a fantasy world. I'm studying at one of the top universities in my country, I have good friends, several hobbies, and I travel as much as I can. My life's really not going too badly right now. Yes, it's true that my love life has always sucked, and my way of dealing with that is by being obsessed with a celebrity who doesn't know I exist. Do you really think that makes me insane enough to be carted off to a mental hospital?

Hi all.

Just wanted to say hi.

Steven has been a little too quiet lately. He hasn't made any posts since middle of last month and I'm getting worried. He used to be my reason for living, but darn if I don't miss him. I really hope he shows up soon.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd share my other main CO/my AE Ashleigh's current husband, Constantine. He's also gorgeous and he fills in the void that Steven often leaves. He posts several times a day on his social media, which makes me happy. In my Ashleigh universe, they just celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary. He's my second longest CO next to Steven...and he doesn't get in a snit about someone liking his pictures on Instagram. :-)

13921083_10154493770306869_8751305765850962345_n.jpg

@fabulousrockstar Holy CRAP. Had to jump on here as my heart is racing. Constantine was my very first CO ever, all the way back in 2005. I'm reeling over this! 

Considering he was the "original one" for me that started it all...you have no idea how shocked I was to see his picture. This feels like such an insane coincidence. 

:smilingteeth:

1 hour ago, decado said:

@LibraLady1962 you are Absolutely disgusting! How dare you talk about people on this board the way you have. You know nothing about they're personal lives or that what they may have been dealing with that has lead them to be here in the first place. There are people on here that are the most amazing people I have ever met. If it hadn't of been for my CO I would have never have met them. So please take you judgement and do one. I haven't been On this board for so long but I am literally shaking with anger from your post. I have a life, I have a job, family and a CO. I have ups and downs like everyone else. My CO has helped me cope with so much over the past years that you would never understand. Please if you have nothing nice to say then leave, because the lovely people on this board don't need to be insulted. 

To everyone else, I haven't been on here for a while, but this post made me so upset that someone could insult us all like this I had to respond! 

I hope everyone is ok? i have been keeping up via email as best I can with all the posts. And you are all so brave to post your COs I'm not sure I would have done the same.

sorry I had to respond to this post because it made me feel ill with what she wrote.

You know you never have to apologize for anything, dear @decado....you're always welcome, and we love you.  Thank you for adding your voice and standing up for all of us.  I'm doing OK (much better now) and I hope you are too.  I wish we heard from you more often. :hugs:

52 minutes ago, OpalP25 said:

@LibraLady1962 I have no idea why you think people here have been "putting you down". You came here looking for help because you said you were going through the same thing as the rest of us, and we tried our best to make you feel welcome and offer good advice. No one here has ever insulted you or been dismissive of your problems, so you have absolutely no excuse for saying such vile things about us.

Just because you feel comfortable revealing your CO, that does not mean there is an obligation for any other member here to do the same (especially as your CO is a world famous celebrity, and most of ours aren't.) It's a very personal choice. We all respected the choice you made, but you've refused to respect other people's choices. If you ever wanted to fit in here, you should have been supportive towards the rest of us. On this forum, we help each other, rather than insulting each other.

And for the record, I don't spend all my time living in a fantasy world. I'm studying at one of the top universities in my country, I have good friends, several hobbies, and I travel as much as I can. My life's really not going too badly right now. Yes, it's true that my love life has always sucked, and my way of dealing with that is by being obsessed with a celebrity who doesn't know I exist. Do you really think that makes me insane enough to be carted off to a mental hospital?

It's a little ridiculous to believe someone actually thinks this.  I wonder if people who think this way are familiar with the term "multi-tasking"?  

Like you, I've managed to do other things, while still maintaining my daydreams in my head.  I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone, but since you ran down your list, I'll do the same:  after high school, I went to work, handled a job, got married, decided to go to college (locally) where I graduated at the top of my class, began a new career, raised two children, and am now retired from all that.  I've earned the right to do what I want, not that I needed anyone's permission to do it. :rasp:

Thank you too for speaking out and standing up for all of us here.  :hugs:

6 minutes ago, LibraLady1962 said:

OH MY CONSTANTINE IS SO UGLY IT MAKES ME SICK.  OH I HAVE GOOSE BUMPS JUST LOOKING AT HIM AND MY HEART SKIPS A BEAT WITH EVERY MENTION OF HIM.   OH I HOPE ONE DAY WE WILL GET MARRIED AND HAVE LOADS OF KIDS.    OH HE'S MY DREAM BOAT THAT WILL SINK IN THE HUDSON RIVER.    OH I MELT EVERY TIME I SEE HIM ON A MAGAZINE.   OH CELEBRITIES MAKE ME SCREAM WITH HOT FLASHES.   

OH CONSTANTINE,   YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE.    YOU KNOW I JUST LOVE THE WAY YOU KISS ME AND SQUEEZE ME TIGHT.

ROTFL ROTFL:Coopyahoo:

I thought you were leaving.  Seriously, why don't you just go?  Are you so obsessed with us and this thread that you can't stay away?

6 minutes ago, posie_riot said:

@LibraLady1962 In complete honesty, I hope you find the peace you're looking for. You will never experience true, lasting contentment by bringing others down. 

Goodbye.

She's asked in another thread to have her account deleted.  I hope they take her up on this, and I said as much in that thread in response.  This cannot go on like this.  I don't want anyone who's hurting like I was to be deterred from signing up here because of this harassment. 

ANYWAY....

*checks out Constantine's Instagram*

@ColdFire I think you've really got a book in there. Or if not a book, it might be interesting to write out your daydreams and turn them into stories. You're clearly very creative! :grinning: My fantasies aren't nearly as interesting, and they're based in the real world (that might be part of the problem for me).  

Thank you @Audrey822 I didn't mean to bring the tone of the forum down to her level. Im still in shock at myself for firing back at her. I never speak my mind, ever. I'm such a placid, shy person. But the way she spoke about us all was vile. It literally made my blood boil. Plus her latest comment attacking someone's CO is horrendous. I honestly think it's trolling on her part to make her feel better  by putting others down. She's a bully and nothing more. There's no way I would post who my CO is after the those comments. Completely uncalled for. Constantine is amazing, and a good choice of CO.

It was like you said. A new reader who is looking for a place to share and not feel judged will think twice before posting here, and that's a shame. I felt so alone before posting here and I've met the most amazing people from this forum. I'm so grateful for it and the people on it. When I have had my darkest moments, I had a place to come and share, and not feel judged. It was my CO who brought me here, so I'm eternally grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to met the most amazing people who I could ever hope to meet. 

Im glad your doing ok, I miss coming on here, I will try and come on more often, if that's ok with everyone? 

Im in a good place with my CO the past couple of weeks. He has responded to me, three times on Twitter. I posted a really old photo of my CO and another musician, he toured with and he not only responded to me but put the photo on his Instagram. I was honoured! 

Take care everyone xx

12 hours ago, ColdFire said:

Thanks @posie_riot!

My main CO is what I would look like if I could shapeshift lol. I love how down to earth he is and how he is humble about his short lived rise. I hate the way I look and my personality. I also have celebrities that I add to my daydreams, one of the females is very beautiful to me physically and personality wise but I don't know that much about her.

I also take bits and pieces from shows/movies to enhance my daydreams. If I see an awesomely choreographed fight scene, my alter/CO and/or his opponents fight in that style (my daydreams are always sci-fi fantasy or medieval in nature) and somehow I work in that my alter/CO is also musically talented. I have a whole playlist dedicated to my dreamscapes and the ones with actual singing in them I/he sings. I can barely daydream without music anymore. I also make sure that even when things get tough for him he always finds a way out and that sort of makes me feel better about not being able to help him in reality I guess.

Short breakdown of my daydreams:

Svire- the name of the planet. All Svirens are shapeshifters and bisexual, everyone is able to father/mother children if they so choose. They all can grow wings that correspond to their elemental energies. Weird I know.

Kellen- (secondary CO and love interest) Grew up an orphan after halflings, [ancient race called Arkons, who were twisted by dark magic and roam the lands laying waste to everything in their path] k*lled his family who hid him in a cellar during the attack was found and raised by King of the Dark Elementals. When he reached his teens vowed to the 7 Gods to destroy all halflings and was blessed with the ability to do so by the Gods. He is the General of the Hunters who he trains to aid him.

Liara- Princess of the Light Elementals who betrayed the Council of the races and became the Witch of the Wilds with the aid of Malkoran, the forgotten God of Darkness. Mother to main CO Bronn. Is she really evil or has she been enthralled by Malkoran?

King Reuss- King of the Dark Elementals, whom Liara stole b*ood from to create Bronn in order to provide Malkoran a body to inhabit.

Bronn- Witchborn son of Liara and King Reuss, halfling but not twisted by the evil magic. Also blessed by the Gods and Kellen's LifeMate chosen by the Gods (all have life mates but some never meet). Bronn is immune to Kellen's God-forged weapons used against halflings because he is a living breathing Arkon and was born after the curse on the Arkonian people.

Kellen discovers Bronn's secret, that he is a halfling in human form. Kellen seeks to destroy Bronn because of the risk that he will father more halflings that could hide among the hume races. He believes Bronn is like the halflings.

Kellen has had bad luck with love and goes without a mate for 157 human years and becomes so lonely he enlists the help of Magda the seer sorceress at the Citadel of Mages. She gives him a rune that will bring his Life mate to him. He uses the rune and it leads him to Bronn and the fight between his vows to the Gods and his unbreakable attraction to Brunn begins. Brunn also becomes hostile toward him because he does not take kindly that Kellen wants him de*d and it seems they will never be together.

There is of course more to it but it seems insane the level of detail I put into this world I have crafted. Sometimes I am ashamed of myself and other times I think it would make for a good book if I could apply myself to write it all down. lol.

I changed some of the names because those characters are mine and I don't want anyone else to know them. I feel like I just revealed my Social Security number by posting this but I want others to know they are not alone in this. I am completely obsessed with this and I know I should stop but I cant. My CO and story is so much more interesting than my life.

I should have responded to this post earlier, I don't know how in the world I overlooked it!  

You and I had a discussion about MD and alter-egos when you were here a few months ago...I felt such a connection to you because of that.  I'm so glad you came back to post here.  I think what you do is incredible, and you really should consider writing that book.  My daydreams are quite simple compared to yours, but you shouldn't feel ashamed by any of this.  Do you even realize what a creative mind you have?  To me, what you've put together here is nothing short of amazing.  ?

@decado I'm glad you're in a good place with your CO, and of course, do join us again! :smile:

The attacking of the CO was particularly disturbing, I agree, and @fabulousrockstar I hope you're not too hurt by it :( 

A few of us continued to engage with that woman long after we probably should've stopped (I might've been the main culprit there). It's just that I could tell she was genuinely struggling and I wanted to offer some support. It's a testament to the character of everyone here that we tried to be respectful at first. As she essentially said herself, this isn't the right community for her. I do hope she gets the proper help she needs. 

25 minutes ago, decado said:

Thank you @Audrey822 I didn't mean to bring the tone of the forum down to her level. Im still in shock at myself for firing back at her. I never speak my mind, ever. I'm such a placid, shy person. But the way she spoke about us all was vile. It literally made my blood boil. Plus her latest comment attacking someone's CO is horrendous. I honestly think it's trolling on her part to make her feel better  by putting others down. She's a bully and nothing more. There's no way I would post who my CO is after the those comments. Completely uncalled for. Constantine is amazing, and a good choice of CO.

It was like you said. A new reader who is looking for a place to share and not feel judged will think twice before posting here, and that's a shame. I felt so alone before posting here and I've met the most amazing people from this forum. I'm so grateful for it and the people on it. When I have had my darkest moments, I had a place to come and share, and not feel judged. It was my CO who brought me here, so I'm eternally grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to met the most amazing people who I could ever hope to meet. 

Im glad your doing ok, I miss coming on here, I will try and come on more often, if that's ok with everyone? 

Im in a good place with my CO the past couple of weeks. He has responded to me, three times on Twitter. I posted a really old photo of my CO and another musician, he toured with and he not only responded to me but put the photo on his Instagram. I was honoured! 

Take care everyone xx

@decado You didn't bring anything down.  I understand you may not like to open up like that, but I'm standing with you on what you said. That latest post you just mentioned is unacceptable.  We just don't tolerate that here...to my knowledge, it's never happened before, anyone who is reading this thread needs to know: that does not represent anyone but the person who posted it.  

I'm glad you're doing well, and I'm glad to hear you'll come around more often.  Also I'm very glad to hear your CO responded to you on Instagram!!  That's wonderful...I'm so happy for you!! ?

Thank you Audrey822 and all of you for the comments. I sometimes feel so strange about my MD CO daydreams but this discussion with you all has encouraged me to try and make the best of what has been very difficult to deal with since I was 12 years old! I never considered that there might be something good in it all, even if that good is not very significant. My daydreams were not always this elaborate, they seemed to have snowballed into what they are today.

I will try hard to make it into a book because even I am interested in seeing how it all comes together in a solid form.

Last night I added a new actor to the stage. Libreah, the Lady of the Hollows. Very beautiful but poisonous as the deadliest spider in Australia. She lives in a deep desert cave where it is miserable,cold and dark. Her element is ice even in the desert because she is cold enough to thrive despite the warmth around her. She often shifts into the form of a spider where she lures her vict*ms in with her soft crying. She then grabs hold of them and tries to pull them down into the darkness with her. No one goes to the Hollows though because everyone is aware of how she snares her prey. And no one likes her. The end. Maybe she will shed her Icy carapace and reach her full potential to do good. Maybe she will stay in the hollows with her colony of 42,687 sand cats, 11,343 of which are expecting kittens:icon12:.

@ColdFire I'm a total stranger to the sci-fi genre...but I'm impressed with your story nevertheless!  You're going to get all the encouragement you need from me because I think writing this story would be an excellent idea.  

You said this came about when you were 12 years old; it came about for me when I was around 11.  It's interesting, because I think many people in this thread have said a similar thing, at least about obsessing on celebrities if not experiencing MD (others have done that too though)...it started around that same age for many here.  I wonder why. 

6 minutes ago, Audrey822 said:

@ColdFire I'm a total stranger to the sci-fi genre...but I'm impressed with your story nevertheless!  You're going to get all the encouragement you need from me because I think writing this story would be an excellent idea.  

You said this came about when you were 12 years old; it came about for me when I was around 11.  It's interesting, because I think many people in this thread have said a similar thing, at least about obsessing on celebrities if not experiencing MD (others have done that too though)...it started around that same age for many here.  I wonder why. 

That was the year I learned that my dad actually took his own life, we were lied to understandably to protect us but mine stems most likely from that and dealing with my sexuality. I guess I made a world where what I was feeling was okay no matter what that feeling was. Still struggle with accepting myself to this day. Parents were not the best at handling my very early "signs".

Not to say that all of us started because of some sort of trauma....I just think that is where mine started. Can't pinpoint anything else. Of course we could all just have very powerful imaginations and the ability to feel so deeply.

Edited by ColdFire

@ColdFire I know everyone didn't start this because of some sort of trauma, but mine definitely did.  My mother was physically abusing my grandmother.  She was also emotionally abusing me, but honestly I wasn't aware of that just yet at 11 years old.  My main reason for wanting to shut out the world at 11 years old was because I didn't want to see what my mother doing to my grandmother.  

I'm so sorry that your father took his own life...that's very sad, and of course you had to be protected from the truth when you were very young.  That just made it more difficult to finally learn the truth later.  As for your sexuality, I have a feeling you struggle to accept yourself because of the attitudes others have shown you.  Don't let their hate define you.  You're a unique person worthy of acceptance and love just because you're you.  Don't ever forget that.  :hugs: