Sign in to follow this  
Beyond Broken

This Loneliness Wont Leave Me Alone

Hello all. I am a 42 year old male, no children, and I live all alone in a big house. I do have a dog and cat... My family lives nearby, and they are not much help. (Snap out of it) they say... I do have a wonderful friend who knows me better than i do. She is actually an ex gf. But we broke up over 4 years ago, and now are almost best friends. She is with someone else now, but is usually there for me when I need her. But I think I'm interfearing with her and her bf. But I can tell her anything. And she cares a great deal for me. Anyways... I try and stay pretty active, I have lots of hobbies, I have a therapist and a pdoc. Just recently went on Welbutrin (5 days ago) ...oh before you ask, we broke up because I wanted children and she already had two and her tubes tied)

And then there's my recent horrible ex gf that I can not seem to stop thinking about. I broke up with her (for the 3rd time) in June. She was just impossible to live with, and just a rude arrogant person. I had enough. But sometimes I miss her, and want her back, but I know she is no good for me. But I am so alone. And I hate it! I HATE IT!! I just want someone to share my life with. I consider myself fairly attractive and i am financially secure. I flirt with girls on myspace and almost always get a response. We chat for a while. but thats as far as it goes. I dont feel I'm ready to meet someone new. Until I can get my ex out of my head.

I made a list of things I enjoy, I try to do them all, but there are times when I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. Depression sucks. I hope the meds work soon. I hate Living Alone! What else can I try or do?

((((((((Beyond Broken)))))))))

Loneliness is really very hard.

It is always good to not get into another relationship until you have learned to let go the last one, as it won't be fair on the new relationship.

I realize that it is lonely, but you can use this opportunity to heal and grow and get yourself into a good space and finally let go, when that happens you will be ready for a new relationship.

I know being lonely helps, but sometimes being alone can help us to grow.

Trace