Tovah

Has Anyone Ever Felt God's Presence?

Ok, that was intense. After reading this, I am sure I did not have a real NDE.. I did not see angles, adam and eve, jesus, or anyone I recognized. I did see the docotors working on me from below, and drifted up into the darkness. No tunnel, but just the brightly glowing outline of a human like figure that emitted the most increadible feeling of love and warmth that I wanted to go to it without hesitation. Similar to what i experienced over 10 years later sitting in a classroom. But your brothers writings tells me I pretty much am exactly what I feared the most. Insane and or visited by the devil. And that makes me wonder why I bother anymore. Im not going to God in the end , obviouslly now. Ive seen what Im gettting, and its appreanlty a very clever deception to make me think it was God. No one spoke to me words of biblical wisdom, I saw nothing biblical in my time of death, nor was there a tunnel of light, Unless maybe that was actually what I thought was a glowing human figure? Nope , couldnt be that lucky. Not with my life. Im going to hell, doomed to live enternity in this horrible life I have on earth. Why bother waiting?? Its going to suck so I might as well get it over it.

Hey you, I did not post this for you to feel worse. Listen, I typed out a paragraph before I typed out my brother's accounting of his NDE. Everyone has their OWN. So please calm down and not take some conclusion that you are either insane or the devil visited you. NO, I won't accept that nonsense. Sorry to be tough here. I want you to live, abundantly! That's what God has intended for you. Every single person has has had a NDE experiences it a little bit different, but there are some common things, like you seeing the doctors working on you, seeing a "brightly glowing outline of a figure". Some don't make it all the way to the tunnel. You might have been revived before my brother, and for that matter, who cares about about how many minutes you were dead. You are alive now! And just because you did not receive any biblical quotes doesn't mean that you did not receive an extraordinary gift of a vision. Please, come on, you are NOT going to go to hell. Get these thoughts out of your mind. Jesus forgives everyone (forgive me to everyone else reading this that does not believe in Jesus) and you can start now to ask for forgiveness for your own sins and pray for others.

I would like for you to go out and rent "Tuesdays with Morrie" (based on a true story). He was dying, but during the whole movie, he talked about life and living it fully until we are gone. I can't seem to find it on DVD in my town, but I was so moved by this movie! Here, let me give you some quotes I googled from that movie (and Jack Lemmon starred in this movie, great, great movie), and as a matter of fact I meet with my counselor every single Tuesday and I kid him about this, but I would like to find the movie and buy it and give or loan it to him. He's helped me in many ways.

"Please PM Member for Link"

Edited by Trace
Link Removed as per TOS

As much as I really wanted to believe it was the real thing because of what I experienced only a around a month ago, I realize now it was just an illusion. Insanity, devil, medication.. any of those, but I know now without a doubt that God had nothing to do with it. I am nothing to God, so why would God even bother to notice I exist, no matter how much I yell, scream, pray, beg, or try to convince myself. Im just a useless pile of dung that not only humans do not want to be with, but not even God wants to be with. Im just a waste of space, O2, and all those other clich

As much as I really wanted to believe it was the real thing because of what I experienced only a around a month ago, I realize now it was just an illusion. Insanity, devil, medication.. any of those, but I know now without a doubt that God had nothing to do with it. I am nothing to God, so why would God even bother to notice I exist, no matter how much I yell, scream, pray, beg, or try to convince myself. Im just a useless pile of dung that not only humans do not want to be with, but not even God wants to be with. Im just a waste of space, O2, and all those other clichés. I would have wished it was God trying to tell me my life was worth living, and I was here for a reason, and not just an accident. But I guess all my mom was right all those years when she called me stupid, useless, a mistake, should have never been born, and beat the crap out of me all the time. She knew something it would take me 40+ years of denial to finally realize. I just don't fckn matter. I. am nobody and am destine to be that for how ever long I have to live. And I hope its not to much longer. I am done with this crap. Ive realized that thing that scared me the most about this, is really true. And insanity is not a life I want to live. Now its just getting the guts to try it again, one last time. After all, God sure wont care either way.

I think you can rule out insanity. People who are insane do not realize they are insane. You are afraid you are insane. I have known people who told me that have seen things that were supernatural. Like a deceased loved one visiting them while they were wide awake. Other people have seen "shadow people". Other people have seen UFOs. I do not discount their own experiences. And I don't discount yours. Your life is precious, and I'm sorry that you are sufffering so much. I failed to validate your feelings. Even if you don't know what caused your vision, does it really matter that much to you to find out exactly what it means? I'm wondering if you would benefit by volunteering and contributing to your community by choosing a person or organization that you stand behind. It could be as simple as reading to the blind. I invite you to write down what abilities you do have and really be grateful that you can see, hear, walk, talk, breathe and begin to really appreciate those human qualities that are intact. I hope for you is that you can forgive your mother for all that she did and said to you. Not condone those behaviors, but release them. She had to be unwell for her to lash out to you like that. How horrible it is for a child or even an adult to take that kind of abuse. I hope after you can learn to forgive her, you can forgive yourself. I used their website and worksheet there for free and it has helped me to release someone who I felt wronged me.

"Please PM Member for Link"

Edited by Trace
Link Removed as per TOS

Hi Hopefulx,

I bookmarked that sight and I'm going to take advantage of what it has to offer. Thanks for sharing.

Lindahurt

Edited by lindahurt

I know this is an old thread, but, I had to respond---I felt God's presence many times, but I felt it most once when I was in the hospital in 2010 with pneumonia..I was in ICU for 10 days and the doctor's said they helped me all they could, I was in God's hands..I believe strongly that God saved my life because I am still here obviously..After 8 more days in the hospital I got to go home..I think it was a miracle I lived..Made my bond with God even stronger after that situation...8-]]] 

I don't feel anyone's presence.  If there is a god he's never cared about me in any way.  He didn't care when I was being abused as a child and as an adult in every way possible.  If he has been around he can go ahead and leave now because he has just stood by as the wolves have ripped me apart in life.

To me it feel as though all my weariness is lifted from me, I feel clean, cleansed and clear minded.

I'm not sure if there is something else there or whether it is me unburdening myself and experiencing that freedom from the rituals and from saying my fears, worries and concerns aloud

I used to talk to him every day on the city bus when I lived in the city.  That's who he said he was.  It must be true because I'm sure God would spend his day chasing people on and off the bus preaching to them all day.

Yes.. no.. maybe.. I don’t know.. sometimes when so many things happen I forget how His presence feels like.. and those are the worst times in my life when I wish the time would just quickly pass because I feel so empty and useless without Him. Or maybe I have never felt Him..ever. I dunno why He makes me go through so much and leaving me alone. 

But then I know that here on this earth I'd never see Him, but He is always there, somehow He is always aware, and He will remember me if I remember Him, so I thank Him for the clear sky, for the clean air, for the green land, for I can walk, I can talk, I can see, I can sleep, I can eat, I can breathe, So thank You, Cos I know without Him, I’ll never be where I am right now. 

So I guess for me maybe I have never ever felt His presence, maybe it’s just me forcing myself to be thankful through Him. It’s not easy when times are tough, but still I gotto force myself.

Shortly after my father died, I was driving home one afternoon, and an eagle flew right over my windshield carrying a frog in its claws.

Pretty much every time I open a textbook now. The material I'm studying is stunning and amazing. (It's science.)

Now and then, when I think about the last two years and what transpired... trauma... I never thought I'd say this, but I felt like the garbage I waded through when I was a child prepared me to handle that experience. Not that either of those experiences are alright, but... Knowing how to read a room probably saved my life and made the situation more bearable for me, because I was able to slowly work my way into a role that was less traumatic.

On 9/8/2009 at 4:12 AM, Tovah said:

This is something I have been praying for for 25 years. I have prayed and prayed in my darkest hours to feel God's presence and feel his peace but have not. Have you? What did it feel like??

Wishing, hoping and praying -

Tovah :hearts:

Yes, I have felt it. However, it's not really something you're necessarily meant to feel. It's just always there. It does feel peaceful, and full of love, but I don't feel it all the time. I know it's still there, though.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:48 AM, sober4life said:

When I'm about to make a big mistake he usually puts something in my way to stop it from happening and let me know he's watching.  He's not always in my life but does step in when things are about to go really badly.

That's great! I'm glad you've had some help.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, mikl_pls said:

I have felt a presence that I felt was divine. It was a motherly, nurturing presence. Not sure if it was god or an angel.

Could be angelic, I guess, or God. I'm not a theologian, but I have heard a minister say, in answer to the 'Is God male?' question, that God is both more male than we can understand, and more female than we can understand. (So I guess that would count for everything in between also? I dunno, I'm just mentioning it.) So it could have been God's presence.

Whatever it was, I hope it visits you often.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:57 PM, MargotMontage said:

Could be angelic, I guess, or God. I'm not a theologian, but I have heard a minister say, in answer to the 'Is God male?' question, that God is both more male than we can understand, and more female than we can understand. (So I guess that would count for everything in between also? I dunno, I'm just mentioning it.) So it could have been God's presence.

Whatever it was, I hope it visits you often.

So God is non-binary according to this minister, if I have that terminology correct. Or androgynous? I think non-binary is neither nor, and androgynous is both at the same time. Makes sense to me. If s/he/it is omnipresent, omnipotent, etc., then it would be everything relating to sexual traits/secondary sexual traits as far as we know. Regardless of sex/gender/whatever, I believe God is God, and even believe there may be multiple Gods. I'm agnostic, so I don't claim to "know" who or what God is. I believe God is beyond our capability of comprehension because it is an infinite being—here forever before and will be forever after humans. That's just my opinion. I grew up Christian, but because of circumstances beyond my control, and a very toxic church environment, I stopped going to church and my religious orientation changed.

Thank you, I truly felt safe and reassured as I was going through a difficult time when I felt that presence. I wish to feel it again whatever or whoever it was.

I really hope bible verses are not going to be thrown at me for what I said. These are just my beliefs, and I wish for them to be respected just as I respect all of your beliefs.

Edited by mikl_pls

As a preteen I thought God belief was the default position, but at 44, I am an atheist and wis we could gt rid of the God concept. The God portrayed in holybooks is creepy, abusive, and negligent to m. OTOH, science is something I take great comfort in. Not because it's provided all the answers, but because the method works. 

As much as I'd like to reincarnate, I won't. Death is he only thing ahead, which makes this life so, so important. More important than any god has said.