Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

Wyeth Patient Assistance Program

Patient Assistance Program

Information for Patients

For many years, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals has been committed to helping patients in need receive their medications. Through the Wyeth Patient Assistance Program, the Wyeth Pharmaceutical Assistance Foundation strives to ensure that eligible patients receive medications at no cost and in a timely manner. The following addresses common questions about our program and will assist with the application process.

To enroll in the program, please complete the following steps:

* Obtain an application and privacy authorization form (see below).

* Complete the application in its entirety with your health care professional; please do not leave any section blank.

* Ask your health care professional to write a prescription for up to a 3-month supply and specify up to 3 refills, if appropriate. (Please note that Protonix

Lindsay-

You're full of information, and this is indicative of the quality of support you offer. I say this from experience. I am one of those who recieves the benefit of this program. Without this, as well as the WalMart discount drug prgram I can survive!(Now for the antagonist in all of us, this is not a plug for Walmart, but they have a pretty extensive discount drug program that fits my budget. There may be others out there). I dare say that if anyone out there relys upon their state MH system to help them with meds, this whole process will be totally transparent, and it's even unlikely you'll even know what has gone on behind the scenes to get you "connected" with this program by Wyeth. I never recall having to fill out any paperwork. The meds just magically appeared, and still do! I get Pristiq totally free. I get Ambien for $12/mo. Two other meds that are generic, I get from Wmart for practically nothing compared to brand names.

If anyone out there has a state funded MH system, I'd check with them first. They are the people who will make this service seamless to you. My NP writes the prescrips every 3 months, and all I have to do is go pick them up. But, like I said, for the Ambien, I do pay $12 every month.

It just makes me want to bang my head on the keyboard when I think about how many health care providers have access to the information you've just posted, yet they don't direct patients to them. The more I look at my own state's MH care system, the more entralled I am with all they can, and really will do for those who simply ask, or even better yet have a MH care provider who works "with the system" to see that all patient's needs are met.

Thank you for posting this!

Deespter

Edited by Deepster

Guest ROFL

Pristiq is just the active metabolite of Effexor packaged as a new drug. It hasn't been shown to be more effective then Effexor or better tolerated, which is why it couldn't gain approval in Europe as a new drug. It has been shown to increase the profits of Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. You might as well take generic Effexor as it is the same drug at a much cheaper price.

Of course if you are like me, you'll get crazy head rushes and no positive attitude adjustment - what Effexor did for me in the late 90's. :shocked: