I Have A Date For My Surgery

Outstanding poeticgirl! Will this be a new birthday or a second birthday? Celebrate now, even if it's just hanging from the ceiling fan! LOL

Iowa

I am delighted to mention that I have a date for my operation, it will be November 14th. I just cannot wait for it, to think its taken all of 4 years to arrive and now its going to be a reality. November 14th can't come along quick enough.

:hearts:

poeticgirluk

Thats great i am very happy for you :flowers:

I may have to postpone my gender reassignment surgery until further notice, with spring 2010 as a more realistic aim. This is because I had my first lower area laser session today, and an off shoot of the session is that I may nrrd at least 6 sessions and as they need to be 8 weeks apart, it means I won't have enough treatment prior to surgery.

Spring 2010 is now a more realistic timescale.

poeticgirluk

Edited by poeticgirluk

Are you feeling ok about that? x

No of course I am not, but what other option have I got because without it I will suffer internal problems associated with hair growth where it should not be.

poeticgirluk

Which surgeon are you going to if I may ask? I went to Brassard and he did not require hair removal, the hair follicles that would be in otherwise bad places are cauterized during surgery. Best of luck and remember next Spring is definitely not that far off :hearts:

• 1 month later...
Which surgeon are you going to if I may ask? I went to Brassard and he did not require hair removal, the hair follicles that would be in otherwise bad places are cauterized during surgery. Best of luck and remember next Spring is definitely not that far off :hearts:

Hi Jenn,

My surgeon is Mr Tim Terry, and as far as being able to control where we have our surgery, I cannot, because I have no private funds. Here in UK, like many other countries around the world, we have state funded GRS.

Whilst I do envy many who can afford FFS, GRS, Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, body Hair Laser, Facial Laser/Electrolysis. I unfortunately cannot afford anything, I cannot get work because I do not pass very well and despite having all my documents changed including my birth certificate.

poeticgirluk