How Do You Identify Yourself?

Are you GLBT?  

580 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us here identify as....

• Gay Male
    • Lesbian
    • Bisexual
    • Transgender
    • Undecided/unsure
    • Other (please specify)

...I've been told you can't be really bisexual, you truly prefer one sex or the other....

DaniBanani, I believe that people can truly be bisexual. And I know, and have known, some truly bisexual people. I think one should just listen to one's heart and spirit when one meets another human being. That's all that matters.

...I've been told you can't be really bisexual, you truly prefer one sex or the other....

DaniBanani, I believe that people can truly be bisexual. And I know, and have known, some truly bisexual people. I think one should just listen to one's heart and spirit when one meets another human being. That's all that matters.

Thank you! I've been playing it by ear. If I meet somebody I have a connection with, I wouldn't mind if it were a male or a female... So, maybe that is truly where I stand then... I appreciate your support :)

Thank you! I've been playing it by ear. If I meet somebody I have a connection with, I wouldn't mind if it were a male or a female... So, maybe that is truly where I stand then... I appreciate your support :)

This is how I feel, as well. The only thing that matters to me is if I feel a strong connection, soul-to-soul, with another person. Whatever plumbing they happen to have downstairs is irrelevant. So I guess you could call me "bisexual," but I prefer "humansexual" - If we are good for each other, what else matters?

Mind you, that doesn't translate, in me, into promiscuity (I don't mean I get with just ANY person who comes along) - finding a strong, true, deep connection with another person is very rare - but when and if you're lucky enough to find it, would you turn them away just because they happened to have the wrong X or Y chromosome?

It's cool there's others on here who feel the same! :hearts:

This is how I feel, as well. The only thing that matters to me is if I feel a strong connection, soul-to-soul, with another person. Whatever plumbing they happen to have downstairs is irrelevant. So I guess you could call me "bisexual," but I prefer "humansexual" - If we are good for each other, what else matters?

Mind you, that doesn't translate, in me, into promiscuity (I don't mean I get with just ANY person who comes along) - finding a strong, true, deep connection with another person is very rare - but when and if you're lucky enough to find it, would you turn them away just because they happened to have the wrong X or Y chromosome?

It's cool there's others on here who feel the same! :hearts:

I identify as bisexual, knowing that I am usually a 3 or 4 on the Kinsey scale. I like to say that I am a "lesbian identified bisexual who right now happens to be with a male partner." I think it is important as a bisexual woman to acknowledge the heterosexual privilege I get when I am with a man, while honoring my own experience as a "sexual minority." Anyway, I am following my heart. :)

Blessings,

Hirakukibou

I identify as bisexual, knowing that I am usually a 3 or 4 on the Kinsey scale. I like to say that I am a "lesbian identified bisexual who right now happens to be with a male partner." I think it is important as a bisexual woman to acknowledge the heterosexual privilege I get when I am with a man, while honoring my own experience as a "sexual minority." Anyway, I am following my heart. :)

Blessings,

Hirakukibou

Oh, that's very validating! I am also married to a male while still being more sexually attracted to women. My husband is also bisexual and we are very connected to each other and understand each other partially because of our similar views on sexuality, among many other things. I always feel strange having to explain to people that I'm a married woman but still bisexual, and leaning more towards women, in terms of what sexually excites me. My husband understands this and apparently so do you! Well met! :)

You could just have a chat.

:hearts: you cheered me up no end there

i was talking to girl around my age and she thought i was a "cub" cos i love the animal bear and i wear flannel shirts. took me a while to find what it ment (good old wiki!) but i found it an interesting compliment anwyas :bump:

Edited by Grizzly_Guy

Blessings,

Hirakukibou

Oh, that's very validating! I am also married to a male while still being more sexually attracted to women. My husband is also bisexual and we are very connected to each other and understand each other partially because of our similar views on sexuality, among many other things. I always feel strange having to explain to people that I'm a married woman but still bisexual, and leaning more towards women, in terms of what sexually excites me. My husband understands this and apparently so do you! Well met! :)

yay! people who get it!

:hearts:

My ex gf and i would get into these huge debates...she didn't belive in bisexuality, and she would refer to my bi friends(a male and female couple) as hetero.

It was so frustrating! she wouldn't accept the fact that i was bi either..if i was it meant that i was going to cheat on her with a man, so she thought.

so i just told her i didn't want to label myself...but now i feel comfortable saying "i am bisexual!" and that doesn't make me a fence sitter or a cheater or easy!

I don't really think anyone is 100% anything actually.

I class myself as a gay male as I generally am not sexually attracted to females but I do find some girls pretty....

I think my non-100% is more of a hopeful wish though that more of the male population are possible conversion projects...lol

Though I have admitted this to very few of my close friends, I would privately identify myself as bisexual (I'm not comfortable with labels but for argument's sake I'll say bi). It's my opinion that sexual love and attraction need not be gender discriminate- if you are attracted to someone or love someone, it should be for who they are, and not based on their sex! :P

That said, I really haven't had a lot of sexual experience with either, but I do feel attracted to both. And have fallen in love with a girl (I'm a girl too). :bump:

Last_resort :hearts:

Edited by last_resort

Though I have admitted this to very few of my close friends, I would privately identify myself as bisexual (I'm not comfortable with labels but for argument's sake I'll say bi). It's my opinion that sexual love and attraction need not be gender discriminate- if you are attracted to someone or love someone, it should be for who they are, and not based on their sex! :P

That said, I really haven't had a lot of sexual experience with either, but I do feel attracted to both. And have fallen in love with a girl (I'm a girl too). :bump:

This could have been written by me! I was going to post, but I actually would have just written what you have here, although I haven't said anything to anyone. And I'd tone down the love to had a crush on.

I'm kind of confused really. Some days I really like guys, sometimes girls (I am a girl) other days I am physically repulsed by the thought of being in a relationship with anyone. I am a 2 on the kinsey scale...if that means anything - I've had all these thoughts about whether I like just girls, or just guys since I was thirteen. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I think I like a bit of both...and it isn't as black and white as I once thought.

Ah - I don't know...

Take care,

Florry

Edited by florryx

That said, I really haven't had a lot of sexual experience with either, but I do feel attracted to both. And have fallen in love with a girl (I'm a girl too). :shocked:

This could have been written by me! I was going to post, but I actually would have just written what you have here, although I haven't said anything to anyone. And I'd tone down the love to had a crush on.

I'm kind of confused really. Some days I really like guys, sometimes girls (I am a girl) other days I am physically repulsed by the thought of being in a relationship with anyone. I am a 2 on the kinsey scale...if that means anything - I've had all these thoughts about whether I like just girls, or just guys since I was thirteen. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I think I like a bit of both...and it isn't as black and white as I once thought.

Ah - I don't know...

Take care,

Florry

I know what you mean, Florry!! Some days I feel squeamish at the thought of being with anyone, though that probably has to do with my own self-loathing and thoughts of "why would anyone want to be with me?". I too have days where I am ashamed at the thought of being with a woman, other days I embrace it...the way I see it, sexual orientation isn't a fixed entity. It is fluid and changes from day to day, from moment to moment. Some people are just more open to these changes than others I guess :shocked:

Last_resort :bump: