Sign in to follow this  
Jordanlee_81

Has Anyone Had Positive Results Taking Their Pill Every Other Day?

I'm thinking about trying it. I know people do this when weening off the meds, but why not in defiantly, yeah know to reduce that "medicated" feel.

Has anyone tried this?

Edited by Jordanlee_81

Hi

I'm not on citalopram, but recently (7 weeks ago) went on Prozac 20mg daily and my doc reassured me that often people who sufferrecurrent unipolar depression similar to mine, manage it (way after the initial recovery period) on a dose every other day. She has known me a while and reckons after a while I might be able to start this regime. I trust her, so would say this might be an option, though it is Przac, which has a long half life, so may be with less withdrawals. However might be a good idea to ask your doc if you have a decent relationship with him/her?

Hope that helps! Good luck xx

I came off 20mg daily Citalopram after nearly a year, doing it the skip a day for three weeks, skip two days for three weeks, and that worked really well for me. I do, however, have some side effects now (the last tablet was two weeks ago). Brain zaps, itchy skin, headache (but not migraine) and dizziness.

But during the period while reducing the tablets I managed fine. Go figure. :hearts:

I have tried the weekend "holiday" to lessen sexual SEs. That means last dose Thursday night, next dose Monday morning. Unfortunately by Saturday I start feeling immensely crappy so it doesn't work for me.

I'm thinking about trying it. I know people do this when weening off the meds, but why not in defiantly, yeah know to reduce that "medicated" feel.

Has anyone tried this?

Old thread, I know, but people search the forums all the time, so....

While I was on Cipralex/Lexapro for most of last year, I found out that it seemed to work better if I took 40mg every other day rather than the prescribed 20mg every day. It energized me more this way. At the end of the second day - the day where I didn't take any - I would get mild brain zaps (which I found rather fun actually), a sure reminder that the next day would be "pill day".

My experimental experience only -- I don't think any doctor would recommend this, but I felt that I knew my own symptoms well enough to try.