Not Panic But Huge Confusion Attack!

Not too sure if anyone has heard of this before but the other night as I was about to go to bed I took two ibrobufon an a paracetomal to get rid of a headache I had (was drinking the night before and hangover would not go away). After about an hour, I was watching a program on my laptop and just became utterly confused about everything around me. I can remember not being panicky as such but just confused and didnt know whah was going on, almost on the brink of going absolutly insane but not quite. Thoughts were flashing up in my head every second and it was like I was stuck in this confused state with nowhere to go, on the verge of calling an ambulance.

I take medication for depression and have been fine on that, I have had panic attacks when I was young but learnt techniques to calm myself down, but this was different and it came on so strong and fast but was not a panic attack.

Ive been fine since, although been off work with a stomache bug but the confusuio thing has not appered again but am worried it could. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling?

Thanks!

Paradox

As far as I know, but I am not a professional, that could have been caused by taking ibrubufon and paracetamol together. ibrubufon is incredibly strong and can work on your nervous system (it is exceptionally good for tooth nerve pain). As far as I know they two are 2 completely different pain killers. I have both ibrubufon and paracetamol at home and I would not dare take them together. A paracetamol will knock me out, if I took the 2 together, heaven only knows what would happen to me. I don't think what you experienced has anything to do with anxiety.

It might be an idea to ease up on the heavy drinking.

Trace

Yeah definatly gining up on the heavy drinking, I really dont want to feel that rough again. The thing is Ive been taking co-codamol and ibuprofen together for a week about a fornight ago because I fell of my bike an had to go to hospital so they perscibed me some. In that week I was not drinking at all and the painkillers really helped. I dont really want to pin it down on the mixture of paracetomal and ibrobufen but I just dont know what else it could be. Although seeing as though I had such a massive episode of whatever this was I really am never going to mix those again, although I have in the past with no problems.

Cheers for the reply!

I am glad that you are going to give up on the heavy drinking, thats a good step. I'm sorry about your bike accident!

It could have also been the mixture of the 2 and the alcohol that was still in your system as well.

Trace

It's ok to take ibuprofen and paracetomol together - the doctor has advised me to do it in the past. However I'm not sure how either of these react with your anti depressants. Sorry I have no idea what you experienced but just wanted you to know that it's ok to do that x

It's ok to take ibuprofen and paracetomol together - the doctor has advised me to do it in the past. However I'm not sure how either of these react with your anti depressants. Sorry I have no idea what you experienced but just wanted you to know that it's ok to do that x

Thanks for the reply. Basically it was just complete confusion over everything. A bit like a panic attack with the speed that it happened at but symtoms were more that I just didnt have a clue what was going on around me or in my head!