• 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

way way too old. actually i probably seem somewhat young for my age (as far as my sense of humor & the kind of stuff i like to do etc etc), but i'm still old, comparably.

i find that so many people online (& on these sites) are really quite young, so it's hard to relate - since i've been dealing with all this cr*p for years & years...

almost makes a person feel - 'what's the use' - since the young ones really have no idea what it's like to experience this type of thing for endless years.

I'm 42 but people always say that think I am much younger because i guess i aged well. I have been struggling with depression since I was 15. However 15 was when I started taking anti-depressants in 1985. In looking back over my life I think my emotional problems started when i was much much younger, in elementary school. I was always a very anxious child and very shy.

Even though I am 42 I have to remind myself because i still feel like I am in my 20's maybe even younger than that. I still behave like a kid. I still like to play video games and I have toys from when I was a child like my lego collection. I am a very nostaglic person too. I like to save everything. i like embracing the past when things were better.

haven't looked in here for a while, but was glad to see fellow "old folks" in. there should be a section for those over 40, i think.....

& the person who said they took it as a good sign that there weren't any older people here depressed. unfortunately what you've experienced earlier usually continues.

No one over 49 with depression. I'll take that as a good sign ;)

I'm 40.

Sorry, I'm 54....and I am in the middle of full-scale depression.....This disease has no bounds.

I do wish there were more older people here in these forums. I will soon be 50, so I voted 50-59.

I am in my mid 50's but either feel 80 or infantile.

54, going 105

I know how you feel mudd...54 going on 105 is also sometimes how I feel. My leg keeps wanting to collapse and I need surgery but I need to lose weight, noone really understands my anxiety and I don't sleep well. My husband is getting kind of flippant about my problem. I know he loves me but it isn't easy I guess. Oh well, more doctor appointments tomorrow for me. I am on the doctor merry-go-round.

Hang in there everyone...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 27, but I feel like I'm still 20. Probably because of being a full-time student and having no kids, no job, no big responsibilities.

I'm 26, and everyone thinks I'm 19. Not having a full time job, having a slight acne problem, and my youthful appearance contribute to that. Honestly, it's annoying because adults think I'm a kid and treat me like one too. Even after I tell them my real age...it's like they don't believe me lol.

I'm 26, and everyone thinks I'm 19. Not having a full time job, having a slight acne problem, and my youthful appearance contribute to that. Honestly, it's annoying because adults think I'm a kid and treat me like one too. Even after I tell them my real age...it's like they don't believe me lol.

Lol, I can relate to that. I'm only 5' tall so I guess that's part of the reason. If I go out to get some alcohol (age limit is 18) I'm usually asked for ID, and sometimes the bus drivers will ask if I need a child (up to 16 y/o) or adult ticket. It's kind of annoying, but I think that the older I get the more I appreciate it. ;)

I am currently 32 years old. Mentally, I am more akin to a thirteen year old. I blame this on the fact that my childhood ended at that age, and I was forced to be an adult. Skipping over friends, parties, girlfriends, dating, awkward "first times", partying, being arrested a few times, and finally settling down into marriage and parenthood.

( Though not necessarily all at once at age thirteen. Moreso that I was forced to skip over all the fun and mistakes made during the teenage and young adult years. )