Famous Quotes

• 1 year later...

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before," Bokonon tells us. "He is full of resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way."

(dunno why, thought that was funny)

Edited by jasonte

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you guys can help me with this quote. It was told to me by a published poet from my hometown while she mentoring at our teen writers club at the public library. she was quoting someone, saying something to the effect of "the only things worth writing about are sex and death". Does it that ring a bell with anyone? I'd also like to know where it comes from.

Edited by evalynn

16 hours ago, evalynn said:

Perhaps you guys can help me with this quote. It was told to me by a published poet from my hometown while she mentoring at our teen writers club at the public library. she was quoting someone, saying something to the effect of "the only things worth writing about are sex and death". Does it that ring a bell with anyone? I'd also like to know where it comes from.

Is this it? I just googled it and it was in an article but didnt state where he stated it.

"Sex and death are the only things that can interest a serious mind.” — Yeats

• 2 weeks later...