-Picasso

"There will be time to m***** and create,

And time for all the works and days of hands

That lift and drop a question on your plate;

Time for you and time for me,

And time yet for a hundred indecisions,

And for a hundred visions and revisions,

Before the taking of a toast and tea."

-Love Song of J. Prufrock (saw this quoted in comments on songmeanings)

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

Dr. Seuss

Edited by SpiralingMind

My favorite quote ever and if I could figure out the siggy I would have it up there.

"That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment."

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " Alice~Alice In Wonderland

Edited by Veruca

Nothing haunts us like the things we don't say.

--Mitch Albom

Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.

-- Carl Jung

We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.

-- May Sarton

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

I've raised children who like cilantro. My work here is done.

-- Me

One of my favourites;

"Life is frittered away by detail - simplify, simplify" - Henry David Thoreau.

I think he's definitely got a point. I know I'm guilty of it, but sometimes I do miss the big picture by obsessing over the most intricate minute details that really don't matter. I crave simplicity, I crave transparency, I know I do it but I don't want to make mountains out of molehills. Kind of reminds me of Oscar Wilde's "all art is useless" quote - there's nothing wrong with enjoying something just for the sake of enjoying it, less can be more, there can be beauty in the simplest smallest things. We don't need to justify anything to ourselves and we certainly don't need to overthink ourselves into a meltdown.