Hello everyone , i am new my name is peggie

nice to be here , have a question for any body . I have been taking Cymbalta and i am changing to Celexa , this is my forth day . I reduced my dose of cymbalta to 30 mg and have been taking 20 mg of celexa at same time . Tomorrow will be first day with out cymbalta . I havent had any side effects , except for a head ache . Just hoping i dont get the Zaps , i hate them things . So irritating .. Anyone ever make this change before ? Thanks , Peggie

nice to be here , have a question for any body . I have been taking Cymbalta and i am changing to Celexa , this is my forth day . I reduced my dose of cymbalta to 30 mg and have been taking 20 mg of celexa at same time . Tomorrow will be first day with out cymbalta . I havent had any side effects , except for a head ache . Just hoping i dont get the Zaps , i hate them things . So irritating .. Anyone ever make this change before ? Thanks , Peggie

Hello its me again , i didnt get any responses from my first post :hearts: so i will just let you all know how i am doing , 2nd day without cymbalta , after lowering my does to 30 mgs for 4 days , so now its celexa 20 mgs . I am feeling fine , just have a darn headache . I can deal with this , as long as i dont get the Zaps . Maybe because i went on celexa while still on cymbalta i wont get any . Woke up early , think i might have slept last night and i had no nightmares !!! take care all , megs

Hello its me again , i didnt get any responses from my first post :hearts: so i will just let you all know how i am doing , 2nd day without cymbalta , after lowering my does to 30 mgs for 4 days , so now its celexa 20 mgs . I am feeling fine , just have a darn headache . I can deal with this , as long as i dont get the Zaps . Maybe because i went on celexa while still on cymbalta i wont get any . Woke up early , think i might have slept last night and i had no nightmares !!! take care all , megs

i am tapering my cymbalta..which explains why i have been awake since 2 am..it's causing horrible insomnia..i was wondering how ur doing? i too would like to start celexa because i have anxiety issues..wanted to just be med free but don't think that is going to happen just yet..i am having bad withdrawal from the cymbalta..went from 30 to 20 and now at 15 and it seems this is never going to end...any advie would be GREAT..thanks

Sounds like a sensible way to do things.

I switched from Cymbalta to Celexa using a similar method. Had no problems at all...

I switched from Cymbalta to Celexa using a similar method. Had no problems at all...

how long were you on the cymbalta?

Admitedly, not a long time. About 4-5 months...

well..there was a change of plans for me..i had a really bad response to lexapro and i have been on effexor xr once before..since i didn't take time to stabilize with each taper on the cymbalta..i'm having some nasty effects..mostly the inside feeling of shaking is driving me CRAZY..which causes my anxiety to skyrocket..so..she told me to go ahead and stop the cymbalta..i was only taking 15 mg at the end..and started me back on effexor 37.5 to begin and then back to 75 where i think i felt my best when i was on it before..she also added klonopin to the mix so that the transition wouldn't be as bad..i know before when i went on effexor it was pretty bad for a week or two but then got much better..well..wish me luck..i just want to feel normal again..i'm not depressed right now..so maybe this won't be all that hard..

well..there was a change of plans for me..i had a really bad response to lexapro and i have been on effexor xr once before..since i didn't take time to stabilize with each taper on the cymbalta..i'm having some nasty effects..mostly the inside feeling of shaking is driving me CRAZY..which causes my anxiety to skyrocket..so..she told me to go ahead and stop the cymbalta..i was only taking 15 mg at the end..and started me back on effexor 37.5 to begin and then back to 75 where i think i felt my best when i was on it before..she also added klonopin to the mix so that the transition wouldn't be as bad..i know before when i went on effexor it was pretty bad for a week or two but then got much better..well..wish me luck..i just want to feel normal again..i'm not depressed right now..so maybe this won't be all that hard..

i started my effexor and the klonopin last night..woke up feeling like i had a hangover from the klonopin i assume..felt pretty tired most of the day..have a dull kind of headache right now..nothing too terrible..still feel a little jittery but nothing like it had been..probably due to the klonopin as well..i did take a small and i mean SMALL dose earlier..a little less than 1/4 of a 0.5 mg pill and it didn't seem to do much..i just don't want to feel like a fuzzy headed drug addict..i will take the same dose of klonopin tonight and i guess my body will evenutally get used to it..i just need it until the jitteriness goes away honestly..that is what i HATE the most about all of this..i will NEVER try to taper quickly off of anything else for as long as i live! i know the jitters are still from the cymbalta withdrawal..and i know that once the effexor has a chance to get into my system they will go away..i am only taking 37.5 for a week..it may take the full 75 mg dose to get them under control but i KNOW they will go away..that's what causes me to have anxiety..feeling like i am going to be all jittery inside forever..i know in my brain that i won't..but that doesn't stop me from worrying about it..what a worrier i am..even though i know it's going to get better..i need it to get better NOW..i have been feeling like this for 3 1/2 weeks now..grr..i am probably one of the most impatient people on the planet to be honest..this will get better..someone tell me..it will get better..the jitters will go away..i have it in my mind that it's gonna take 2 weeks..so if it goes away completely before then..i will just be pleasantly surprised..it didn't start today until about 230 or so..which is a good sign i guess..because it has been from the time i wake up until i go to bed..only relieved shortly by the small dose of xanax..and i didn't take any klonopin until about 230 or 3 so..maybe that's a sign that the first dose of effexor helped a little..and maybe tomorrow it won't come until even later and then the next day even later..until eventually it just goes away..how wonderful would that be? i'm rambling i know..it is just very bothersome for me..

I stopped Cymbalta 'cold-turkey' and had no adverse side-effects. My dosage was 30mgs daily. Celexa has worked great for me from the beginning, with only mild side-effects. A little tired a couple of day the first week and slightly emotional for about 5 mins on day 27 and thats it! Started out on 20mgs [Celexa], got increased to 30mgs on week 5. As for the 'zaps' not sure what you are talkig about... :rose:

My doctor has me stopping Cymbalta at 20mg and starting Celexa at 20mg. I am presently going from 30mg to 20mg of Cymbalta and on day 4 I had horrible vertigo and nausea. I am feeling depressed and irritable. Scared to start the Celexa at 20mg because I'm so prone to side effects.

Should I start a low dose of Celexa with the Cymbalta? My doctor doesn't have me doing it this way and I am concerned about serotonin syndrome.

I have uncontrolled anxiety severe and some depression.