Sign in to follow this  
scottybear

Lexapro And Dopey Feeling

I have been on lex for about 2 weeks, and still having some problems communicating (sometimes forget what to say), and concentration and stringing sentences together has not been as sharp. I have not had this side effect with other medications and wondering if it goes away, or is just an effect of the medicine?

Thanks

I have been on lex for about 2 weeks, and still having some problems communicating (sometimes forget what to say), and concentration and stringing sentences together has not been as sharp. I have not had this side effect with other medications and wondering if it goes away, or is just an effect of the medicine?

Thanks

When I started Lexapro last November, I felt like I had the hardest time stringing 3 words together. I had a great deal of difficulty concentrating and struggled with uncharacteristic forgetfulness as well. As you continue to acclimate to the medication, these issues should pass, scottybear. They're a nuisance, but they're generally transient. Hang in there.

Best,

HopefulOne :hearts:

Hmmm I've been on Lexapro 15 days now and havn't experienced any of that. My anxiety (racing thoughts) have stopped and my depression went from bad to feeling kind of flat, (not happy but not that depressed either). My motivation to do things hasn't come back 100% but I'm finding it easier to force myself to do things on the Lexapro. I know 15 days is too soon to draw any real conclusions but it does seem to be helping. I had insomnia before the Lexapro and still have that so nothing has changed there.