Sign in to follow this  
Rainey24

Lexapro And A New Lease On Life!

Wow, I wanted to just post a positive for Lexapro as when I was first considering taking any meds for my anxiety I scoured these boards for hope and so I want to offer it to anyone. Not that Lexapro is the only viable choice, but rather, that seeking help was a huge step in getting my life back.

For the past two years I have been debilatated by severe anxiety and when the nightmares got so bad I couldn't take it, I broke down and went to my doctor. We tried P axil first but I wasn't able to deal with the awful side effects. So we switched to Lexapro. I have had no side effects except some very MINOR sexual side effect. And my doctor said if that doesn't get better we'll discuss another option. But honestly, it's a small price to pay for the peace and happiness and renewed sense of enjoyment from life that I have. I feel as though the last two years of my life I was living in a fog and now I'm awake. Praise God!

So to all out there looking for a little bit of encouragement, there is hope out there and don't be afraid to talk about it with someone. Things can get better! Thanks to all who reply and answer to post on this forum, it truly can be an incredible help.

HEalth and happiness to all!

Rainey24

Thanks for that very encouraging post, (((((Rainey24)))))! :hearts:

I'm so glad to hear that Lexapro has been such a big help to you.

Wow, Rainey... That's a hugely positive personal message. Your words reflect a sense of encouragement, gratitude and relief so clearly. Glad to hear that you're doing so well. It really is amazing how much difference the right AD can have on your quality of life. I echo your sentiments. Continued best!

HopefulOne :hearts:

Edited by HopefulOne

I agree too, Lexapro has been a great AD for me too. I no longer have anxiety or the severe PMS I struggled with. I am so glad I started this med. It has evened me out and made me a much better person that is free of stress and anxiety.

I agree 100%. I am having a great experience with Lexapro myself after a 10 year poop out on Celexa. The start up side effects were a little tough.. but feeling like myself again was worth it!!

Well its the same with me as everyone else in this thread: I take 10mg lexapro for GAD. So far it really provides a great anxiety treatment with minor side effects, most of them during the 1st week.

The only thing that makes me anxious now is everything I read around the web about withdrawal symptoms and anxiety/depression rebound after quiting, although my doctor said other things. But I think that it could be that the users with side effects ranting lexapro and users with success don't bother reply or read about rants.

Thanks for posting. I have been on various meds over the years. I have been on wellbutrin alone but today added lexapro because it wasn't enough. I was very scared because of the sexual and other side effects. I have a very bad time coming off cymbalta and coming off lexapro is a concern as well.

My libido was practically eliminated by celexa even with wellbutrin. I am OK with the wellbutrin alone but I cannot sacrifice everything else to have a good sex life. I guess I will just have to wait and see. For the first time ever I am worried about the meds.

Has anyone else been there?

Thanks