210 members have voted

1. 1. What does of Lexapro are you on?

• less than 5mg
    • 5mg
    • 10mg
    • 15mg
    • 20mg
    • More than 20mg

I was on 20mg for a while, then down to 10mg. I was doing good, so I went down to 5mg, but now I'm not doing so good. I was planning on coming off of lexapro when I was doing good, but maybe I should stick with 5mg for a while or even go back up to 10mg.

I ramped up to 20 mg. in the beginning (Nov. 07). In May I decreased back down to 10 mg. and seem to be cruising along nicely at that level.

I'm on 10 mg. Does anyone know what the dosage comparison is to celexa? Is that equivalent to 20 or 40 mgs of celexa? Thanks in advance!

Edited by n8smom

I'm on 10 mg. Does anyone know what the dosage comparison is to celexa? Is that equivalent to 20 or 40 mgs of celexa? Thanks in advance!

10 mg. of Lexapro is the equivalent of 20 mg. of Celexa. Hope that helps.

Best,

HopefulOne

Best,

HopefulOne

Thanks! As of yesterday, after visit to pdoc, I am now on 20mg.

I'm on 10 mg and I seem to be doing good on that. It makes me somewhat lazy and blah so I think I would just be sitting on my butt all day if I was on 20 mg!

hey, I'm on 40 mg a day. I was on 20 mg for about a year but after a while it didn't seem to be as effective. I've been taking it a total about 4 years. Sometimes I worry a little cause 40 mg seems almost unheard of.

10mg for 3 months. So far seems to be working well, some days I wonder if I could use more, but most others I feel just fine so I think it is the right dose for me now. Doesnt rid me of all my problems (what med will??) but I dont worry, obsess and I dont have bad PMS anymore so it is doing it job. I just wish I had those nioce bursts of energy I had when I first started it, those were nice, now I just feel like me and I was never overly energetic to begin with. I like Lex so far though.

Hey all!

I will be starting 15mg tomorrow....I have been on 10mg for 5 weeks my pdoc and I think that I could use a little bit more to help out my depression and anxiety. Has anyone tried 15? It sounds like most people take 10mg increments. She said if I don't see improvement within 2 weeks of taking 15mg she wants me to go to 20. I sure hope I don't get an increase in side effects that I had when I first started, but I guess I have my ativan if things get bad. Wish me luck!!! Maybe, just maybe.... 15mg will be my "sweet spot"?! :icecream:

Heather

Edited by heatherdn

I just started taking 20mg. I was taking 10 for a little over a month and felt good for about 3wks then my anxiety and depression came back so he bumped me up. So hopefully this works..

Taken 20mg for about a year and a half now. Tried to bump down to 10 about 2 months ago (in conjunction with other stuff), but it went horribly. Haven't gotten back to level since. Hope to get that worked out soon.

Started on 10mg 4 years ago, have been up to 20mg but now I settle at 5mg mostly but may go upto 10mg the 10 days prior/during my period. I probably should be taking 10mg every day but I think it contributes to my tiredness and I don't like the fact i'm taking something which I feel is 'toxic', so the lower the dose he better. I take as little as possible just to keep things ticking over.

Oops - I processed this as Celexa. I'm on 10mg of Celexa. I was prescribed 20mg - but I'm REALLY sensitive to medication - and after my Effexor mishap I wanted to go slow. I seem to be doing okay at this dose - so I'm staying here.

Best,

HopefulOne

You have to be very careful on "equivalents" between brands. Both Celexa and Lexapro are SSRI's, but they are not the same drug. They are the same drug class. I wouldn't recommend doing that without a physician's ok.

I started taking Lexapro yesterday at 10mg, but the SE left me non-functional most of the day. So I'm doing 1/2 a pill tonight and see how that goes.

Well, since I started this post I have gone from 10mg to 20mg. After 12 weeks I am now being moved to Effexor. The 20mg has made me a Zombie and the 10 and 15 didn't get my anxiety under control. I wish you all the best of luck with Lexapro and hope it works wonders for you as it has many people. To all of you who have responded to my many posts and have been here to help, THANK YOU!!!! :hearts:

I will now be moving to the Effexor forum.

Heather

I'm on 15mg a day right now. So, a pill and a half. That's very annoying because I can never cut/break my pills exactly in half. I'm sure somedays I probably get 16mg and other days only 14mg. :S

I'm on 15mg a day right now. So, a pill and a half. That's very annoying because I can never cut/break my pills exactly in half. I'm sure somedays I probably get 16mg and other days only 14mg. :S

That really annoyed me too, so I bought a pill splitter from the pharmacy, and that makes it a lot easier and more accurate.

hey, I'm on 40 mg a day. I was on 20 mg for about a year but after a while it didn't seem to be as effective. I've been taking it a total about 4 years. Sometimes I worry a little cause 40 mg seems almost unheard of.

The only ad I ever took that even had even a slight improvement in my mood was celexa 60mg. I wish my pdoc would have increased the dose when it started to not have any positive benefit anymore. Instead I went for 1 1/2 yrs feeling miserable on it and eventually ending up in the hospital for 5 weeks. Since then I've gone through cymbalta 60mg and remeron 15mg to 30mg. 4 days ago I started Lexapro 10mg and will bump it up in 2-3 weeks to 20mg. If this one works even a little, I think I'll push the pdoc to increase the dose until I can function again. Here's Hoping :hearts:

I was on 20mg at first with Wellbutrin. Next I went to 15mg of Lexapro for about six months. I just decreased to 10mg this week to see if I can get off of the Lexapro. Still taking the Wellbutrin.

I was bumped up to 30mg/day of the Lex a day ago from 30. I have been taking Ativan 1mg3xday plus 20 lex, but he says eventually the lex should do the ATivans job for it. Heres to hoping.

Hello all,

I was just wondering what dosage of Lexapro everyone is on. I'm on 10mg.

Thanks,

Heather

Hi,

I take 10 mg lexapro but also 450mg of Wellbutrin at same time.