Sign in to follow this  
lfvalade

Severe Fatigue?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here is going through severe fatigue from years of depression or has had it in the past. After several years of anxiety and depression, I have finally found a good doctor. My doctor tested my hormone levels and found that I had very high epinephrine levels and very low cortisol levels, which cause my fatigue. I'm taking some very good meds to help balance out my levels, but apparently progress is very slow because it takes a long time for the hormone levels to stablize. So currently it's very difficult to cope with the extreme tension and fatigue. Years of depression takes a toll on your adrenal glands, so let me know if any of you would like to know more about the treatment I'm getting. Even if your depression has not caused you extreme fatigue, this treatment can help prevent your adrenal glands from getting depleted and causing chronic fatigue. I would love to share this info with anyone who is interested.

:hearts:

hi lfvalade, and :hearts: to DF

i can relate to the extreme tension and fatigue. Years of depression sure takes a toll on you.

i don't know about the hormones and all that, none of my docs ever tested anything. but i'm sure exhausted and tired and it's getting worse. Anxiety and Depression here too. and it seems to me the frequent panic attacks are also exhausting physically. at least it feels like.

i'd like to hear more about what you're doing to get out of, or prevent, the tiredness.

oh, adrenal glands, is that where the cortisole is produced? something to do with stress?

m

Yes. In my case, living with PTSD does a lot for it, too - constantly hyper-vigilant sucks energy away. My hormone levels though are apparantly normal.

I'm really glad to be on the forums. This is a good step for me to be able to express my self and also see what others are going through.

So the doctor I'm seeing is a naturopathic doctor and I'm taking medicines called Calm-PRT, Travacore, and Kavinace.

The medicines are all natural mostly amino acids and some herbs.

That's really interesting. My whole "depression" experience began with extreme fatigue. I was put on ad's for that straight away. Well, I will admit though I've seen some naturopaths and become frustrated with all their pills. I put it on hold for some time, as I'm trying for a baby and can't be taking a bunch of herbs. But it seems they all have something a little different, and I'm skeptical that they're not all just a little more consistent.

I guess I'll try it all again once I don't have to worry about harming anyone else.

The company who makes the meds is called Neuroscience Inc.

They tested my adrenal hormone levels and then gave me at treatment plan based on my specific results.

Edited by Trace82
Link Removed as per TOS

I just had my cortisol levels tested and they are rock bottom. So low that it suggests addisons disease. So much time spent on drugs, sedatives, and antidepressants and it could be an endocrine failure all this time... Going for an ATCH stimulation test to confirm primary or secondary adrenal failure.

Does your doctor have you on cortisol replacement?

I'm really glad to be on the forums. This is a good step for me to be able to express my self and also see what others are going through.

So the doctor I'm seeing is a naturopathic doctor and I'm taking medicines called Calm-PRT, Travacore, and Kavinace.

I hate to be rude, but most would consider naturopathic as quackery. Supplements are not regulated by the FDA and thus have not been tested to show medical benefit. You should get further blood testing done to see if you have a serious endocrine problem, and if so to go to an endocrinologist.

I have fatigue but ive never had my hormone levels tested. My drs wouldnt bother to test them even i asked, heck i cant even get a routine blood test out of them half the time.

I have fatigue but ive never had my hormone levels tested. My drs wouldnt bother to test them even i asked, heck i cant even get a routine blood test out of them half the time.

Hormone/cortisol level checks are saliva samples not blood, so fortunately you don't need a dr. I highly suggest it as it can you tell you alot and it is reasonably priced compared to what a lab would charge you. I can't post links but I ordered mine from Diagnos-techs through the canary club (you must go through them if you don't have a dr ordering them, and to get a discount). They email and mail the results to you. Sooo much better than having to deal with a Dr. Of course if things show up wrong you're going to need Dr.

I hate to be rude, but most would consider naturopathic as quackery. Supplements are not regulated by the FDA and thus have not been tested to show medical benefit. You should get further blood testing done to see if you have a serious endocrine problem, and if so to go to an endocrinologist.

I wouldn't go so far to call naturopathic medicine quackery, because I have benefited from seeing my doctor and know several people who have experienced positive results as well. I'm sure there are some naturopathic doctors who are not as good as others, but you can find a good one with research and just trying it out. Luckily, I found a great doctor who has both a medical and naturopathic license, so he can perscribe pharmacy drugs as well as naturopathic drugs. I'm going to give this treatment plan a try and if I don't respond well, then I'm sure my doc will take the next appropriate steps.