I Feel So Used And Rejected

So i have been trying to get back with my ex and in the mean time we decided we were going to date and what not. So i met this guy and he was really nice and he talked to me all the time and called me all the time and basically wanted to do everything with me at all times. I was taking it slow at first because i didnt want to just jump into another realtionship and i really wasnt looking for anything too serious.

We hung out a couple times and went out to dinner, and then i made the mistake of being intimate with him. After that we hung out another night and did the same thing. That following weekend I went to watch him play pool with my sister and her boyfriend. I got a little too drunk and acted very poorly. I called him and apologized the next day for it and he said that nothing was wrong and that everything was cool. We were supposed to hang out a few more times and he kept coming up with reason why he couldnt.

I didnt really mind all that much becuase i wasnt really looking for anything anyway, but now I am feeling really used and rejected. I get so mad when i see him on the computer and he wont talk to me. I called him up and told him that if he didnt want to talk to me then that was fine just to tell me. He keeps telling me that everything is ok and that he still wants to talk to me and all that but then he never does. I feel so used. Not like i thought we were going to get married or anything, but i feel like he used me for sex and now that i have stupidly given it up to him, he is going to move onto something else.

I just feel really upset with myself and with him. I should have known better, and i did it anyway, and now i am being rejected by someone i thought i could have occasional adult interaction with. How can i stop myself from feeling so bad about this and myself. Its not that i care about him, it's just that i feel so used and forgotten now. :hearts:

So i have been trying to get back with my ex and in the mean time we decided we were going to date and what not. So i met this guy and he was really nice and he talked to me all the time and called me all the time and basically wanted to do everything with me at all times. I was taking it slow at first because i didnt want to just jump into another realtionship and i really wasnt looking for anything too serious.

We hung out a couple times and went out to dinner, and then i made the mistake of being intimate with him. After that we hung out another night and did the same thing. That following weekend I went to watch him play pool with my sister and her boyfriend. I got a little too drunk and acted very poorly. I called him and apologized the next day for it and he said that nothing was wrong and that everything was cool. We were supposed to hang out a few more times and he kept coming up with reason why he couldnt.

I didnt really mind all that much becuase i wasnt really looking for anything anyway, but now I am feeling really used and rejected. I get so mad when i see him on the computer and he wont talk to me. I called him up and told him that if he didnt want to talk to me then that was fine just to tell me. He keeps telling me that everything is ok and that he still wants to talk to me and all that but then he never does. I feel so used. Not like i thought we were going to get married or anything, but i feel like he used me for sex and now that i have stupidly given it up to him, he is going to move onto something else.

I just feel really upset with myself and with him. I should have known better, and i did it anyway, and now i am being rejected by someone i thought i could have occasional adult interaction with. How can i stop myself from feeling so bad about this and myself. Its not that i care about him, it's just that i feel so used and forgotten now. :hearts:

life,

I know it's easy for me to say (because I'm not the one suffering), but try not to be too hard on yourself or feel too badly about this. At times, probably many of us have had this happen, and kicked ourselves the next day. I think many of us (especially being depressed) have a high need for human affection and closeness, and this is certainly a way to get it (temporarily). I would just do your best to learn from it, and next time allow yourself more time with the person before you take the relationship to that level. Ask yourself if this person (with this attitude) would be someone you'd really want to spend more time with?

Sincerely,

Maddie

I agree with Maddie. You shouldnt be kicking yourself about this too much. Are you upset that you have been used or that you -allowed- yourself to become used? Either way, you were just looking for some human closeness and affection like maddie said.

But what about your ex? You said "in the meantime". Does that mean you were both thinking about the possibility of getting back together?