239 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you take your meds?

• Morning
    • Afternoon
    • Evening
    • Bedtime
    • Half in the morning and half at night

• 1 year later...

Ive been taking 20 mg for a week and a half. The first week I took it at 9pm but it screwed with my sleep really bad. I've been taking it in the morning and it seems to have helped. I'd like to take it in the evening again once I get used to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I took my dose of lexapro in the morning for a few years and found I was groggy most of the day. I started taking my dose before bed for the past 6 months now and find it to be a huge difference in increased energy during the day. Although doubling my dose from 20mg to 40mg a few days ago I'm feeling pretty lethargic through the day but it's a whole lot better than feeling the darkness paired up with anxiety.

20 mg/day Celexa at noon with my lunch. It does make me somewhat sleepy in the mid to late afternoon so I will occasionally take a short nap. Initially it made me quite tired and gave me nausea but that has gone away now after 6 weeks of being on it. I do my training (weight training, cycling, running and martial arts) in the morning so I decided to take it at noon hour. I may switch taking it with my evening meal and see if I am able to sleep better at night and still be able to train effectively in the mornings. This thread has been most helpful so thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I've only been taking Cipralex for 8 weeks, it's all ways been in the morning. Between 5and 7. However, yesterday I forgot (surprise surprise) to take it AT&T hay time. I took it at 1130am. My sleep last night was fine. But before bed last night and now this morning, I feel like a bag of poo.

• 4 weeks later...

When I started lexapro I took it in the morning as it gave me insomnia when I was on it back in 2011.

Now I restarted it 17 days ago, in the morning and still have some insomnia but the last 5 or so days I have been sleepy all day. I hope that passes, as I want to do things in the morning and feel groggy. Going to ask my dr tomorrow what to do.

When I take it in the morning, if I do fall asleep again, I feel like I have been asleep for hours and hours but usually its only a couple of hours. If I took it at night and that happened, it would not impress me.