Sign in to follow this  
Sheepwoman

Messy House #5

My house is not too bad at the moment, we have had to take down some of our reeds against the wall in the garden, as we live in a complex (estate) and they are painting all the houses. It is taking ages for them to get it done, actually it is a little frustrating.

Trace

I'm with Guest_Lumetar_* - cleaning is the last thing on my list. I haven't cleaned my frig since I moved into the house in 2003. But I hate washing dishes so I rarely cook. Most of the contents of the frig are sodas and 5 different kinds of stale bread. One of these days I'll throw them out; but then I'll have to take the garbage out. I used to vacuum most of the house about 8 times/yr. Then I tore the carpet out so I wouldn't have to vacuum. Dusting, maybe once/yr. Forget windows. The only thing I do on a weekly basis is the laundry and on a daily basis, poop-scooping the yard. But I can't clutter the floor because the puppy will shred anything down there.

My kids drew on the walls, It got cleaned up, I threw away their crayons, someone bought them new crayons :hearts:

Guess what my walls look like....again.

Guess what I will be doing tomorrow :flowers: wall scrubbing.

Trace

I would be making them scrub the walls themselves and maybe they won't try that again!

My Check-List For Thursday November 11, 2010

Make living room "appear" spotless.

Do all dishes.

Wipe off counters/stove.

Put away the mop bucket that's been sitting behind the bathroom door for a week that I curse at every time I walk in the bathroom and smack my face into the door because it stops dead into the bucket and I tell myself "I'm going to put that thing away after I'm done" but then on way out tell myself "I'll put it away next time" PHEW!!!!!!!!! LOL In fact i'm going to do that one first lol

Not quite Spotless but I made an allowance for bagging up garbage. Make living room "appear" spotless.

Done. Do all dishes.

Done (even under sugar/flour jars) Wipe off counters/stove.

Done + Bucket of bleach. Put away the mop bucket that's been sitting behind the bathroom door for a week that I curse at every time I walk in the bathroom and smack my face into the door because it stops dead into the bucket and I tell myself "I'm going to put that thing away after I'm done" but then on way out tell myself "I'll put it away next time" PHEW!!!!!!!!! LOL In fact i'm going to do that one first lol

I'm with Guest_Lumetar_* - cleaning is the last thing on my list. I haven't cleaned my frig since I moved into the house in 2003. But I hate washing dishes so I rarely cook. Most of the contents of the frig are sodas and 5 different kinds of stale bread. One of these days I'll throw them out; but then I'll have to take the garbage out. I used to vacuum most of the house about 8 times/yr. Then I tore the carpet out so I wouldn't have to vacuum. Dusting, maybe once/yr. Forget windows. The only thing I do on a weekly basis is the laundry and on a daily basis, poop-scooping the yard. But I can't clutter the floor because the puppy will shred anything down there.

Can I offer a suggestion? Try throwing out just one bag of bread IF you happen to have room left in the trash bag. My ex left a "shrine" to Mt. Dew on his dresser. about 10-15 44oz fountain cups and like 30 or so cans... I can't spend much time in that bedroom at all so I've been just throwing one thing away a day... or more if the moment hits me. It's making progress... slowly but surely. This is also sometimes my method of doing dishes.... Either doing 1 a day or (like lately) I'll soak one small load... about 5 or so items... then let them sit and soak over night (or more) then wash them and soak another load. This keeps things somewhat under control until I have a good mental health day. Some times my laundry is the same way...put away one thing a day...and just try to wait it out until a good day hits and if it never does at least it's a little progress.

Edited by PainfulSecrets

My apartment is one sick mess! I have a carpet of alcohol bottles and orange juice cartons around my desk, and there are sticky patches on the floor underneath those. Then there's a sack in the bathroom which has a sticky, mouldy patch underneath that, There's a few pizza boxes lying around, and you can't walk anywhere without your feet getting covered in crap. Oh and the the kitchen is awful I spilled some sugar and never cleaned it up because it went all round the kettle in in hard to get to places. And the sink is full of dirty pans that need washing up abut I haven't done them - I have to take them inot the bathroom to do anyway because my kitchen sink is backed up. I've taken apart the plumbing under the sink so I know it's not that but something further down in the pipes though god knows what. I treid pouring some chemical declogger into the actual pipework and although it disappeared the pipe is still blocked up and the sink takess AGES to empty. There's crap all over the floor. Oh and the bunny needs cleaning.

It's only a small apartment but cleaning it up seems like such a big job and I just can't find the motivation to do it. WOE!

Try 1 thing a day. Then move to 2 things a day... and so on...

:wwww: I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Cleaning is the only thing that keeps me going! It kept me sane about a month ago. But last week when I sulked into my deep depression, I couldnt get off the couch. I am so embarrased for the way my apartment looks right now!

My goal today, once I get home from work, Is to at least tackle the bathroom, kitty mess, dishes, start laundry and vaccum. I hate when the capret is not freshly vaccumed! It has to have the lines. I am lucky enough that my son like to help me. He is only 2 and I often have to go behind him but its nice not doing it alone. He would windex the windows for HOURS if I let him. He likes to febreeze the furniture also. I think he likes the squirt bottles!

Im alway looking for cleaning tips. How to make the house smell better. The only thing ive found is filling the sink with hot water and good smelling pinesol, and using that mix to wash the baseboards. Suprisingly it is subtle but makes the house smell good. And candles!! I love candles! My favorite is febreeze brazilian carnival... smells like home.

I almost want to act sick so I can leave early and go clean!! :shocked: Ive been looking for motivation all week and I guess all I needed was to talk about it. I suppose I am strange for liking to clean. But its better than my other addictions! Much Healthier!!

Have a GREAT weekend... HAPPY CLEANING!

I use the pinesol stragegy a lot! If having guests over I fill a bucket with hot water and pinesol or bleach and just sit it in the living room. Also will wipe down the outside of door and door frame with lemon lysol wipes so the moment they walk in they get the ILLUSION that I've been cleaning. I also have dishes on stand-by in case of surprise or short-notice visits I can toss the plug in and fill it up about half way then add more water and bubbles so it looks like I was interrupted lol

Heres a tip for uncluttering:

Walk thru each room with large basket

Throw in everything that is laying around

Take full basket and put each thing away in proper place

Put away basket

Another good idea! I shall try to remember it when things have got their proper places in my home. For now I have problems to know where to start doing housework. Suppose it's a start to come here and tell about that. Come back later to tell you what I have done ...... :shocked:

R. G.

I do this one a LOT. It also works to have a "junk box" already in a room so you can quickly toss stuff in and hide from visitors. I also have found the joys of keeping a box on the kitchen table to toss in mail and junk mail and other papers so I can sort later but also quickly hide.

Not quite Spotless but I made an allowance for bagging up garbage. Make living room "appear" spotless.

Done. Do all dishes.

Done (even under sugar/flour jars) Wipe off counters/stove.

Done + Bucket of bleach. Put away the mop bucket that's been sitting behind the bathroom door for a week that I curse at every time I walk in the bathroom and smack my face into the door because it stops dead into the bucket and I tell myself "I'm going to put that thing away after I'm done" but then on way out tell myself "I'll put it away next time" PHEW!!!!!!!!! LOL In fact i'm going to do that one first lol

Well done PainfulSecrets!

I just remembered a tip from a book my first husband bought me, "I hate to housekeep". Those tasks you really dread, when you do get round to them, time them and make a note. You can find it takes such a short time to accomplish what you've been putting off and it does give you a wonderful feeling of achievement.

It makes me a bit mad to type this as first husband days were a long time ago and yet the problem persists. I just want my home to be OK, I don't wish for super clean and orderly. Just good enough so when I get up in the morning, I don't think OMG.

I plan to... ... .... um.... well I guess I need to clean out my critter cages. Just because I live in a pig sty doesn't mean they have to, right? And then I think I will get a big box and fill it to the brim with stuff to give to salvation army.

I plan to give the kitchen a cleaning today.

Did you do your bedroom yesterday and did it only take 15 minutes? Well done.

Lol. I did :nod: clean the bedroom but it took just a little longer. It took less than 25 minutes but I got it done. Thanks for asking.

Lindahurt

Edited by lindahurt