Thanks for this warm welcome. Will explore the forums first then will start posting and commenting. I suffered from depression before so the forums in here will be a great help for me. I am also looking forward to meet new friends!

13 hours ago, JohanaGrr said:

Hello guys, new here. I'm about to post something now... :)

Welcome @JohanaGrr,  :flowers:

Hey party people, what's up!

So, I'm a newbie here but not to forums or depression. Been on celexa 10 years now, paxil and others before. Self medicated myself like a boss back in the day, right into rehab. But that was then and this is now.

I've had a handle on life mostly for sometime now, but as I'm betting alot of you know, that's a tentative thing. So just curious what the rest of the blue crew it up to. 

Hello, I'm Tangodream!  I'm 53 years old, CIS female, suffer from depression, PSTD, and anxiety.  I'm looking to meet people like me and to gain some support so I can start feeling better.  Thanks!

Welcome each of you.  There are many supportive people here that understand what you are feeling. Please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.

On 3/29/2008 at 12:26 PM, Forum Admin said:

If you're new to our community, taking the step for the first time to post publicly to a message board can sometimes seem intimidating. Don't be afraid to jump into a discussion once you have registered with us.

We have a very supportive community that serves up heavy doses of support, encouragement and enthusiasm. We love meeting new people and being friendly. While we hope that you'll become an active participant and join in our discussions, you're welcome, of course, to simply hang out silently until you feel more comfortable posting a message.

This Welcome Topic is for a short Introduction to our members/community. It is not intended to tell your story or to journal/Blog. That is saved for the other forums or for your Blog in your Settings after five posts, here at the DF which you may create.

***As a new member, you will have the ability to post two active topics in each Forum. You may reply to as many as you wish.

Click on "New Topic" or you may "Reply" to an ongoing post. You will get the hang of it if you have never posted in a forum before.

If you find it necessary to post about a topic that HAS NOT been covered and you have reached your two Topic limit for that particular forum, you will find a SPECIAL NEW MEMBER POSTING AREA on page one in every room. Please feel free to post there if no other topic covers your area of concern.

*An active topic is defined as a topic that is on the front page of our busier forums or a topic that has received replies in the last 48 hours in our quiter forums.

If you are in major crisis you may post your topic in    Members Needing Extra Support Now (Members Needing Extra Support Now)

:hearts:

~Lindsay, Forum Super Administrator

I am new to this forum and need help.

Hello all. I am new to any type of forum so not really sure what to expect, but hope to gain insight and understanding, and maybe even positively contribute eventually. I have depression and am going through a particularly difficult time at the moment, but can easily imagine that there are (perhaps very many) others who have gone/are going through something similar. I'm not usually a fan of anonymity, but am afraid that I'm using it now as I don't think I would have signed up otherwise. To anyone who happens to see this, I hope you are well, and wish you all the best.

hello new here i need somewhere to vent but i dont want to bother anybody i dont want to feel im not giving anything.. hope i can make a good experience. 

Hi! I'm new here and I have had depression off and on through out my life. This is by far the worst it has ever been not so much the feeling but how long it is lasting.  I cannot seem to come out of it or break free. I will be ok for a day or two or part of a day and then the feelings come flooding back. I try to change my mind set, I try to distract myself, I try to forget all that has brought me to this point, but I can't forget the past and the pain it has caused me. I don't want to do anything. I want to be left alone. I don't know what the point of life is or my purpose. I start to question everything and everyone. Because no matter what I do or don't do it upsets someone and I cannot stand hurting others. At the same time I don't always want to or have time to help others when they ask and then I end up feeling guilty about it. So it's like a lose lose situation. I am hoping that talking to others who have similar feelings will help. To break it apart and bring a way to cope or at least find a happy medium for me in my life. Thank you for allowing me to be here. 

Hello to all! And welcome to the forums.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:07 AM, isaac s said:

hello new here i need somewhere to vent but i dont want to bother anybody i dont want to feel im not giving anything.. hope i can make a good experience. 

isaac s, we have all needed to vent. This is the place to vent. We understand what you are going through and do not judge here. I have vented several  times since I joined and the folks here are supportive. 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:04 PM, Mad at life said:

Hi! I'm new here and I have had depression off and on through out my life. This is by far the worst it has ever been not so much the feeling but how long it is lasting.  I cannot seem to come out of it or break free. I will be ok for a day or two or part of a day and then the feelings come flooding back. I try to change my mind set, I try to distract myself, I try to forget all that has brought me to this point, but I can't forget the past and the pain it has caused me. I don't want to do anything. I want to be left alone. I don't know what the point of life is or my purpose. I start to question everything and everyone. Because no matter what I do or don't do it upsets someone and I cannot stand hurting others. At the same time I don't always want to or have time to help others when they ask and then I end up feeling guilty about it. So it's like a lose lose situation. I am hoping that talking to others who have similar feelings will help. To break it apart and bring a way to cope or at least find a happy medium for me in my life. Thank you for allowing me to be here. 

Mad at life, your story sounds so much like mine. It has taken 40 plus years, 4 therapists,  several wrong diagnoses and many medications to get where I am today. I still have days where the past & hurt seem to take over my brain and I listen to music, do guided meditations, yoga, eat chocolate kisses and ice cream, and yeah, I admit on very tough days, I go to bed. The folks here are great. We understand.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:52 AM, BannyB said:

Hello

Hi BannyB, I just signed up here myself. Hope we can help each other and help and get help from others here.

Hello, 
Just joined everyone here via a random search about some depression symptoms I was experiencing. I have never been aware of this site before and am very thankful for a community who understands ❤️ Its a tough time especially. I hope to continue to be active on here as I can.
Thank you!

Hello,

I don't know what to write right now, not sure this is the right place for me, I'm just looking for someone to talk to.

Time will tell.