Sign in to follow this  
Life_Sucks

Does Anyone Feel Awful In The Morning But Gets Better At Night?

Today is my 5th day on 10gm Lexapro (I take it in the morning). I've noticed that when I wake up I feel horrible, depressed, and anxious, but for some reason at night I feel much better.

Does this have something to do with sleeping? Or anyone have an explanation? How can I avoid this?

Hi Life --

Sorry your mornings are rough. I can identify with your frustration. I had the same experience while starting Lex. I believe it's called diurnal depression. It has to do with our sleep rhythms. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to change it. It's fairly common (and yes, it's a drag.) But, I can offer hope! It DOES improve. After I got adjusted to my Lex, my morning misery faded completely and everything evened out again. It should for you too. It will happen gradually. Try to be patient (I know it's hard!) -- but adjustment to AD's is more of a marathon in the beginning than a sprint. Your brain is rewiring positive connections. Take it one day at a time and go easy on yourself. Did your doc/pdoc prescribe any benzos (Xanax, Klonopin) to help you weather the anxiety during the first couple weeks? If you're anxiety is overwhelming, you may want to consider this to help you over the hump.

Hang in there, Life. It does get better... Lex is a good med.

Best,

HopefulOne

I wish I had positive news for ya.

But upon starting AD 2 years ago I have had fatigue all the time. Yes, mornings are worst, then by night time it normally clears up.

I'm now at 4 mg withdrawing from it, and it still hits me in the morning, and chills out at night. I know you're already on AD's, but if I could do it all over again, I would never have gotten on them.