Sign in to follow this  
croser

What Dosage Escitalopram Are You On?

What dosage escitalopram are you on?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. How many mg/day do you take?

• >20

I was put on Fluoxetine 20mg at first, had no effects whatsoever. Got changed to 20mg Citalopram, that helped my mood significantly. I felt I was waking up with a good feeling about the day ahead of me. By bedtime my mood could have dropped significantly but at least I didn't wake up expecting the day to be .

Then that effect went away completely and my dose was doubled to 40mg. I'm feeling a little better than I did, but I'm not feeling a major change. Certainly not as big when I was first put on Citalopram.

I've not experienced any side effects as far as I can tell. I don't think it's affecting my ability to focus.

I don't know maybe I'm resistant to meds in general? If my mental state dips again, I'm certainly seeing a doctor over it.

I was on 30mg of Cipralex until jan. Then 150mg of Wellbutrin got added. Stopped the wellbutrin after 2mths as it didn't seem to be doing anything with the Cipralex. Then when i refilled my Cipralex, they had generic so I decided to try it. That lasted a month. Anyhow, I'm up to 40mg of Cipralex now. I definitely feel better than before. But I'm at an age where this is it. It's a lost cause.

I definitely noticed a difference, for the better, when I went from 20mg to 30mg. From 30mg to 40mg I can't say that I do. But im almost at the sweet spot, so I'm not messing around with my doses right now.

I take 20 mg every other day.  Nothing else.  I tried 10 mg a day but got depressed.  My problem is that this makes me sleep too much.  Sometimes I sleep much of the day, then stay up late.  Wish I knew what to do.  Any advice feom anyone?

Can you guys relate to others, feel sympathy, on your lexapro? 10 mg or greater. When I was on those dosages, I felt robotic and like I was on autopilot. That's why I'm reluctant to increase past 10 this time around. Let me know. Thx.

Feel like my soul is drying up...day 6

Hang in there... I'm on day 22 at 10 mg ( this is my second time around on Lex) cant say its all better because its not , but as we all know this is not a overnight process it takes time, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel for us. IT WII GET BETTER :-)  it always does just keep faith, I'm here if you ever want to talk or trade experiences