Lost my Faith once and for all

I don't read the Bible, I don't fast, I don't go to church, I don't donate, but at the same time, I believe in God. I believe in God, but I don't believe in the church, to be precise. With the help of the Foster Plus program, we received an adopted son. As it turned out, he was from a radical Christian family. It is very difficult to restrain him from his everyday life. And is it worth it? If he is used to living like this and sees his meaning in it, then maybe it's not worth doing his re-education? Do you have any tips related to this? For more information visit a foster org online

Edited by Forum Admin
no links unless permission

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 10:47 PM, bibliotcamea said:

I don't read the Bible, I don't fast, I don't go to church, I don't donate, but at the same time, I believe in God. I believe in God, but I don't believe in the church, to be precise. With the help of the Foster Plus program, we received an adopted son. As it turned out, he was from a radical Christian family. It is very difficult to restrain him from his everyday life. And is it worth it? If he is used to living like this and sees his meaning in it, then maybe it's not worth doing his re-education? Do you have any tips related to this? For more information visit a foster “site”.

If his beliefs give his life meaning and purpose then maybe it would be best not to discourage him from it.  But I think that can be tricky though because there are cults that cause people to shun their own families and loved ones and it can totally wreck lives and relationships.  

Edited by Lindsay
URLs Not permitted

On 8/30/2022 at 10:47 PM, bibliotcamea said:

As it turned out, he was from a radical Christian family. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "radical Christian." If you're worried your son is involved in a cult, that's definitely something to be concerned about. If you mean legalism, that's not harmful, but it's not exactly beneficial to him either. That's more a matter of choice. Radical can also mean how passionate you believe in something. While I don't witness on street corners, hit people over the head with my Bible, shout at passersby to repent from my rooftop, or push my beliefs on people who aren't interested, I consider myself passionate about my faith. Am I radical about it? I read my Bible and pray daily, consider myself a born again Christian, and am a member of a nondenomenational  evangelical church. To some people that would make me radical, but I'm definitely not dangerous (except perhaps to a particular polical party - am allowed to say that?!) It all depends on your perspective. You don't mention how old your son is. That would also be a factor. Is he old enough, wise enough, and aware enough to think through what he believes and why he believes it, or could he use a little guidance? As young children, my own children were raised in the beliefs their dad and I share. However, I always told them that when they were ready, if they ever had questions about different religions or churches, we would get them the answers and even attend one of those churches with them if they were curious. I told them that it didn't matter what the sign said in front of the building. The important thing was doctrine. Children learn through their questioning and curiosity. While my kids were growing up we had many incredible discussions about faith, religion, the Bible, and those debates and discussions continue to this day.  I consider that a great thing. Start a friendly dialog with your son. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:35 AM, rainingviolets said:

Am I radical about it? I read my Bible and pray daily, consider myself a born again Christian, and am a member of a nondenomenational  evangelical church. To some people that would make me radical, but I'm definitely not dangerous (except perhaps to a particular polical party - am allowed to say that?!) It all depends on your perspective. 

Radical means you believe your pastor really needs a private jet bought with the tithe you donated to be able to preach "more effectively"

Radical means really believing people getting cancer/covid/mental illnesses is justified because ancestor Eve ate that fruit.