Weight Gain and Done

I have been on Lexapro for a little over a year, and I’ve slowly gained almost 20 lbs. I’m a short person and a recovering anorexic and I can’t stand the way I look or feel. I’m not heavy but for me its too much. My doctor recommended I add a low dose of Wellbutrin, and we did the risk of seizures at higher doses, but I’m terrified of the possibility so I think that’s a hard pass on that one. I feel like I’m stuck now. I need the Lex but I can’t stand to gain even one more ounce.  I feel like I have no other med options. Help anyone? 

All I can say is I know how you feel.  There is no guarantee with any of this medication and we need a guarantee.  Let's try adding this and see how it goes isn't good enough for us.  Weight gain for us is going to be the most important issue but they will never see how much it means to us.  I quit taking all medication.  I couldn't stand to throw my physical health up in the air like it's a coin I was flipping.  One side good one side awful.  I couldn't do it anymore.

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, sober4life said:

All I can say is I know how you feel.  There is no guarantee with any of this medication and we need a guarantee.  Let's try adding this and see how it goes isn't good enough for us.  Weight gain for us is going to be the most important issue but they will never see how much it means to us.  I quit taking all medication.  I couldn't stand to throw my physical health up in the air like it's a coin I was flipping.  One side good one side awful.  I couldn't do it anymore.

I tried to come off of all meds some time ago but had a difficult time.   I am on 20MG of cipralex/Lexapro and I have more weight than I want.   I am 49 and really want to lose the weight .  Is it possible?  has anyone done it?