Musical variety

Lets see how much variety in music we have, name 4 artists whose music you actually listen to, I'll start.

Greatful dead,  rock

Iron maiden,  metal

Travis tritt.  Country

Lynyrd skynyrd,  southern rock

I listen to everything really.  From what you've listed my favorite rock is probably The Doors.  My favorite metal is probably old Metallica or Pantera.  For country my favorite is Carrie Underwood and yes I listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd too.   Free Bird is me I think.  At least I try to make that me.:unsure:

The cranberries alt

Mariah Carey/ madonna pop 

Everything 80s 

Country I like alot of different people but that's not my go to music neither is rap

Edited by watalife

• 1 month later...

I like....

Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam: Grunge

Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Bjork:

Female Icons.

The orb and similar artists: Ambient 

and...

Dance music: mainly house music 💃

Edited by Nightjar

I remember the first Nirvana music video.  Back in the day it was common to watch music videos on MTV and VH1 like Beavis and Butthead.  Now we're almost to the what's MTV or what's a music video stage.  Nobody really makes music videos anymore.  It used to be everybody did and you couldn't wait to see it.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:26 PM, sober4life said:

I remember the first Nirvana music video.  Back in the day it was common to watch music videos on MTV and VH1 like Beavis and Butthead.  Now we're almost to the what's MTV or what's a music video stage.  Nobody really makes music videos anymore.  It used to be everybody did and you couldn't wait to see it.

Yeah I remember too.  Seems like MTV started changing in the mid-90s when they started showing only clips of the videos instead of the whole thing.  The rest was like beach parties and stuff like that.

The Beavis and Butthead commentary on the videos were so funny!  🙂

23 hours ago, surfcaster said:

MTV, Saturday night head bangers ball, or MTV unplugged, wish they still did stuff like that

Oh yeah Headbangers Ball!  I'd forgotten about that.  I also watched 120 Minutes on Sunday nights in the early 90s.

16 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I don't think I watched it.  I do remember my first cassette tape was Ride the Lightning from Metallica and yes I will say it.  That was their best album.

Yeah I like their old stuff too.  "And Justice for All" was the last album I liked from them.