Has anyone ever had these type of thoughts too?

Hello! I'm new here, I've read all the rules but I'm not sure if it's okay to talk about this here- please let me know :0
I hope everyone's having a good day!

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else too:

I have many thoughts, mostly intrusive, about bad things happening and it seems like many times they've come true.

I wish I could stop thinking about certain stuff or prevent the worries from popping up, in fear they'll happe;n, but I can't do much. Even if I distract myself they come back later.

I want others to be alright, but it seems like I predic/t or even caus/e the bad events (sorry for the "/" but I'm afraid of typing this too :') ). I wish it worked with the good thoughts more :')

Could it just be coincidences? (kinda frequent ones apparently)

Does someone feel like this too?

Welcome.

One trick I try to employ is to drop metaphorical boulders on intrusive thoughts and memories.

My motto: Despair not / Repair a lot.

Keep posting your concerns and we will try to help. 

13 hours ago, Oscar K said:

Welcome.

One trick I try to employ is to drop metaphorical boulders on intrusive thoughts and memories.

My motto: Despair not / Repair a lot.

Keep posting your concerns and we will try to help. 

thanks a lot for your help! I wish you well ^^

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, ohyeadisplayname said:

Hello! I'm new here, I've read all the rules but I'm not sure if it's okay to talk about this here- please let me know :0
I hope everyone's having a good day!

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else too:

I have many thoughts, mostly intrusive, about bad things happening and it seems like many times they've come true.

I wish I could stop thinking about certain stuff or prevent the worries from popping up, in fear they'll happe;n, but I can't do much. Even if I distract myself they come back later.

I want others to be alright, but it seems like I predic/t or even caus/e the bad events (sorry for the "/" but I'm afraid of typing this too :') ). I wish it worked with the good thoughts more :')

Could it just be coincidences? (kinda frequent ones apparently)

Does someone feel like this too?

Hi and welcome to the forums,

There is no need to be afraid of posting your thoughts and please don't be shy. Journaling and sharing your feelings is very beneficial for yourself.

I think what you are talking about is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy. This tends to happen when people get caught into a spiral of negative thinking, the cycle reinforces itself and it can cause a lot of pain and suffering.

This has happened to me many times in relationships before, I dated very beautiful women but I had just assumed they would betray me and was cynical and lo behold! I'm single now lol.

I will try to explain how to get out of this trap because it is actually quite complex.

Think of life or the world as a giant ball. If you are sitting on the ball, it takes some effort to balance but this is only a little bit of effort. If you are upside down it takes more effort just to stay alive hanging down there but the real pain is trying to pull yourself up to get on top of the ball or hanging on the side of it.

That is why sometimes taking steps to improve our lives can be very discouraging, whether it is trying to be healtheir, job, relationship or any endeavor.

One thing that can help you is to develop resilience. There are many very famous people throughout history that have had profound struggles and setbacks. A good example is Walt Disney, he left a huge legacy and became a household name but I read his biography and before all that he spent many sleepless nights scribbling cartoons and getting rejected.

When you are predicting these negative things you should find a positive in it. The positive is that you are essentially predicting the future with an almost scary accuracy. That should give you some confidence in yourself although it sounds terrible it means you are good at analyzing situations it means maybe you can devise some plans to turn the tide in your favor.

Edited by Evergreenforst4

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 3:35 AM, Evergreenforst4 said:

Hi and welcome to the forums,

There is no need to be afraid of posting your thoughts and please don't be shy. Journaling and sharing your feelings is very beneficial for yourself.

I think what you are talking about is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy. This tends to happen when people get caught into a spiral of negative thinking, the cycle reinforces itself and it can cause a lot of pain and suffering.

This has happened to me many times in relationships before, I dated very beautiful women but I had just assumed they would betray me and was cynical and lo behold! I'm single now lol.

I will try to explain how to get out of this trap because it is actually quite complex.

Think of life or the world as a giant ball. If you are sitting on the ball, it takes some effort to balance but this is only a little bit of effort. If you are upside down it takes more effort just to stay alive hanging down there but the real pain is trying to pull yourself up to get on top of the ball or hanging on the side of it.

That is why sometimes taking steps to improve our lives can be very discouraging, whether it is trying to be healtheir, job, relationship or any endeavor.

One thing that can help you is to develop resilience. There are many very famous people throughout history that have had profound struggles and setbacks. A good example is Walt Disney, he left a huge legacy and became a household name but I read his biography and before all that he spent many sleepless nights scribbling cartoons and getting rejected.

When you are predicting these negative things you should find a positive in it. The positive is that you are essentially predicting the future with an almost scary accuracy. That should give you some confidence in yourself although it sounds terrible it means you are good at analyzing situations it means maybe you can devise some plans to turn the tide in your favor.

ohhh thank you so much for your help and kindness, this is reassuring ^^

I hope you're having a good day!

Edited by ohyeadisplayname
spelling mistake

Yes! I know exactly what you mean. 

I can’t seem to shake certain unwelcomed thoughts too. I especially feel this when I go to lay down to sleep and of course this causes insomnia. 

If this continues and if the therapy I am now getting does not help I’ve been considering the possibility of seeing a psychiatrist to possibly start anxiety or depression meds. 

Have you considered any of those options for yourself too? Just a thought. 

22 hours ago, chumly said:

I can’t seem to shake certain unwelcomed thoughts too. I especially feel this when I go to lay down to sleep and of course this causes insomnia. 

If this continues and if the therapy I am now getting does not help I’ve been considering the possibility of seeing a psychiatrist to possibly start anxiety or depression meds. 

thank you for your reply!

I'm sorry you're going through this, I hope you can find something that can help soon ^^

I should probably try therapy yeah ^^"

thank you!

On 5/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, chumly said:

Hi again Chumly,

I used to struggle with the same thing and I studied wellness and that helped me out quite a bit.

There are many components to wellness I think there are 7 and in a way they connect to eahother and help eachother indirectly.

When you are trying to investigate night issuss I think first and most basic is to asses physical needs. Do you have any medical conditions or vitamin deficiences? sometimes if we have things like this its impossible to quell the mind even with the most advanced mental gymnastics.

Once that area has been ruled out you could also look at daily activities, if you exercise a lot in the day it can help tired you out so you do not have energy to worry so much.

Beyond that it could be mental or emotional. I think it is good for people to have mental hobbies and pursuits like learning a new language or studying math or crosssord puzzlss like a brain workout of sorts. This can help sharpen the condition of the mind.

You had noted in another post that you had strained relations with your parent. Sometimes confrontations or strained relationships can keep us up at night.

Having positive interactions with other humans can help you lol but sometimes humans can be pretty scary or coniving, if you can't find people you trust at the moment you could bond with animals.

I love animals very much and I really like horses. I think they are very hard working animals and they actually sleep standing up. I used to clean this horse and take care of it. If you have a pet or know someone with one, having good interactions with  an animal is kind of a safe way to fix emotional or psychological problems because they are pretty simple to get along with.

On 5/11/2022 at 2:06 PM, ohyeadisplayname said:

thank you for your reply!

I'm sorry you're going through this, I hope you can find something that can help soon ^^

I should probably try therapy yeah ^^"

thank you!

You are welcome and thankyou too!:)

On 5/12/2022 at 2:18 AM, Evergreenforst4 said:

Hi again Chumly,

I used to struggle with the same thing and I studied wellness and that helped me out quite a bit.

There are many components to wellness I think there are 7 and in a way they connect to eahother and help eachother indirectly.

When you are trying to investigate night issuss I think first and most basic is to asses physical needs. Do you have any medical conditions or vitamin deficiences? sometimes if we have things like this its impossible to quell the mind even with the most advanced mental gymnastics.

Once that area has been ruled out you could also look at daily activities, if you exercise a lot in the day it can help tired you out so you do not have energy to worry so much.

Beyond that it could be mental or emotional. I think it is good for people to have mental hobbies and pursuits like learning a new language or studying math or crosssord puzzlss like a brain workout of sorts. This can help sharpen the condition of the mind.

You had noted in another post that you had strained relations with your parent. Sometimes confrontations or strained relationships can keep us up at night.

Having positive interactions with other humans can help you lol but sometimes humans can be pretty scary or coniving, if you can't find people you trust at the moment you could bond with animals.

I love animals very much and I really like horses. I think they are very hard working animals and they actually sleep standing up. I used to clean this horse and take care of it. If you have a pet or know someone with one, having good interactions with  an animal is kind of a safe way to fix emotional or psychological problems because they are pretty simple to get along with.

Hi there!

Thanks so much for this terrific advice...:) This sounds very interesting. 

I do think alot of my issues lately are to do with the situation with my mom and some other stresses that have went on recently as well. Thank God one of my bigger stressors has ended in a good way but I think the situation with my mom and a few other things have lingered on a  bit and they catch up with me when I try to fall asleep..:(

I love all your suggestions and I share your love for animals! I do have some stray cats that visit me in my home and I think it does help me relax quite a bit. Exercise helps an awful lot as well. Also just being out in the sunshine in the day really helps me relax better at night.

Anyway, thanks so much for the terrific suggestions! I really appreciate it...:)

All I do is worry because life is awful.  Honestly the time I worry most is when I think everything is ok.  Then I know something really awful is coming I don't expect.

I no longer worry...

By the time that the shite completely hits the rotary device, I'll probably be dead.

I just feel bad for the younger generations as they will have to live through the crap that is being levied today.