After years of wondering, googling, thinking, reading self help books, meditation etc. I guess I have to admit something really is not right. If you end up googling depression instead of watching tv, or doing your daily tasks, that should be a sign.  Well sign seen and here I am. No real idea on where I am heading or why I am here.... Maybe this is me finally admitting I have a problem. somehow all this time always told myself if I still get up and do all the tasks, then I am not depressed. just unhappy. Lately it seems to be more than that. 

So a shout out to everyone out there. guess we will struggle through this together.

Welcome Ms. Dryemptywell to our forum family.

You came to the right place for insights and support.

I am a firm believer that we are never helpless confronting Old Man Depression.

If you feel you are at the bottom of a metaphorical dry empty well then perhaps you are telling yourself that it is time to do some metaphorical climbing.

Climbing is easier when excess metaphorical baggage is dropped.

Maybe that dry empty well is a good place to consign unneeded negativity.

The idea is to be clever with metaphors to counteract the debilitating effects of depression.

Anyway please make yourself at home here and post your concerns when you are comfortable.

We are here to help.

Oscar

Welcome to DF, friend. Nice to meet you.
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. I know it’s not easy to go through depression. It’s a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? Remember that you deserve to feel better. You can always come here to share and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. Stay strong.

Welcome, Ms. Dryemptywell to our Depressionforums family😍

We are here for you, albeit you must be a tad more in talking about what is troubling you in different forums?

We have many to forums choose from and I am certain that you have many questions :hearthrob: which our members are very happy to answer for you🥰

You do not have to be so specific in describing your problems, but members need to know what your problems are like in order to help.

We want to help in your road to recovery aid and make you feel more comfortable talking to people.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with questions:hugs:

Hugs,

Lindsay, Forum Administrator

Hi dryemptywell….. welcome to our friendly group. When times are hard and as you say you’re googling to try to prove you’re not affected, then, well you guessed it, you are.

You made a good choice coming to this forum, it has certainly helped and continues to help me. Whether you want to ask for something or tell us something you did or didnt do, then I for one am ready to listen and help guide you. You might be able to do the same for me, we all have different paths to get to this crossroads, and maybe there are ways to get back up again.