rapid weight gain

After losing a few lbs for the last 3 months I ate too much sweet and junk foods. I didn't even notice I was back at my peak 2 weeks ago. It is better to be overweight but healthy than sick and skinny but the reason what added to my weight gain is not my medication for depression but sleeping pills. For the last 2-3 months I also was taking 3-4 times a week mirtazapine and chlorpromazine to help me fall asleep. I believe that boosted my weight gain.

So from tomorrow I am stopping those and will try to deal with my sleeping disorder in other ways. Also I wanna do some light exercise such as swimming, walking, etc...

But I have a question or two. If you take drugs that cause weight gain, can they cause extra weight even if you avoid fat foods or even if you have low appetite?

Also, if you are on such drugs (because I still take suboxone and klonopin) can you lose weight still if you exercise?

Many people are stuck between obesity and depression (or other mental illness). They find meds that help them but gain too much weight and if they stop then they go right back into depression. In some cases the obesity makes people more depressed. I am very overweight but thanks to my height it is easier for me than for others many who have this problem.

5 hours ago, Zagor said:

After losing a few lbs for the last 3 months I ate too much sweet and junk foods. I didn't even notice I was back at my peak 2 weeks ago. It is better to be overweight but healthy than sick and skinny but the reason what added to my weight gain is not my medication for depression but sleeping pills. For the last 2-3 months I also was taking 3-4 times a week mirtazapine and chlorpromazine to help me fall asleep. I believe that boosted my weight gain.

So from tomorrow I am stopping those and will try to deal with my sleeping disorder in other ways. Also I wanna do some light exercise such as swimming, walking, etc...

But I have a question or two. If you take drugs that cause weight gain, can they cause extra weight even if you avoid fat foods or even if you have low appetite?

Also, if you are on such drugs (because I still take suboxone and klonopin) can you lose weight still if you exercise?

Many people are stuck between obesity and depression (or other mental illness). They find meds that help them but gain too much weight and if they stop then they go right back into depression. In some cases the obesity makes people more depressed. I am very overweight but thanks to my height it is easier for me than for others many who have this problem.

it seems i exercise by walking 3 to 4 miles a day and work around the yard and house just to maintain current weight, i do ok eating all day, then when night comes and i'm not busy i snack too much, if i could just not snack.

10 hours ago, surfcaster said:

it seems i exercise by walking 3 to 4 miles a day and work around the yard and house just to maintain current weight, i do ok eating all day, then when night comes and i'm not busy i snack too much, if i could just not snack.

I suppose you take meds that gain weight?

On 4/3/2022 at 3:39 AM, Zagor said:

Yes because they can slow down your metabolism.

On 4/3/2022 at 3:39 AM, Zagor said:

Yes you always can but it will be harder.  I don't want to get someone else into this but the truth is you can always watch the scale and eat whenever you need to meet your weight goals.  The food pyramid idea is mostly a waste of time.  Nobody can eat like that and be skinny.  People you see on tv do intermittent fasting which means they just wait until they can eat according to the scale.  Me I have a mentallity of I'll eat when the work is done for the day and it works for me.