I'm always waiting on something

Every day I was faced with waiting out another mood, situation, obsessive thought. I would wait out the day. Eventually all of the days blurred into one meaningless, dull puddle.

Now I'm just waiting. Days, weeks, and years pass waiting and watching life pass me by. I don't know what I am waiting on, but I always feel impending doom from the moment I wake up. This is no way to live.

Edited by Sandwich_napper

Thanks. I agree. I feel each day is scrambling to get responsibilities done, and everything after has no meaning. The worst part for me is I do not feel life needs meaning to live contently, which started as accepting what I cannot change, living and letting others live, but over time I have given up.

Is that Claire Coffee on your picture?

Yeah it's Claire Coffee.  I enjoyed her character on the show Grimm.  I think you're the first person that did realize that was her.  Basically the way we're feeling is pretty much how everyone lives.  We get everything done that needs to be done for the day and then just pretty much hang out with whatever distraction we can get ahold of and that's life I guess.  Yeah it's sad but I think that's how everyone lives.

I also liked her on Grimm. Yes. I think what is different for me is distractions do not bring a sense of fulfillment, or really anything. I am not seeking fulfillment, only to be content. So I am left with nothing to be around for, but no reason to leave. And there is a feeling I have an inability to really enjoy things, I try books, I go on walks, I keep hygiene, I clean, I call friends. These things do not affect me one way or another. Oh well.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:02 AM, Sandwich_napper said:

Every day I was faced with waiting out another mood, situation, obsessive thought. I would wait out the day. Eventually all of the days blurred into one meaningless, dull puddle.

Now I'm just waiting. Days, weeks, and years pass waiting and watching life pass me by. I don't know what I am waiting on, but I always feel impending doom from the moment I wake up. This is no way to live.

Welcome to the boards and I can relate…the line “watching line pass me by” hits me especially hard. I live in a constant state of worry and doom and gloom and its tough…really tough.